Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9  (Read 3989 times)

« on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
So did anyone else notice the Mario Party 9 logo at the end of this morning's presentation? I guess they're not done partying yet.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
I'm glad they gave this series a break.  Hopefully they come back to it fresh and fix the problems that got worse as the series got rushed out every year.  If I were Nintendo, I'd save this for WiiU, though.  That touch screen, and it's interactivity with remotes will make for some killer minigames.  Flicking the dice across the screen to roll would be super cool.
Haters gonna hate

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
They'd better whip out some serious improvements this time around--don't even get me started on how much that series has been overreleased.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
I was half-expecting 9 and 10 to be released waaaay later, and have intentionally bad graphics resembling the first few games
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »
10 should be a "greatest-hits" release, compiling classic minigames and boards with remade graphics. Just a thought.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
Everybody seems to want that.

Now that the Wii U is announced I'd personally want a game that shakes up the formula even more.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »
Does anybody realise there's a video for this game..?

Here

I'm sorta.. apprehensive about this one. The characters moving about in a car is highly similar to Mario Party Advance, but of course I'll wait to pass judgement until I've actually played it.

Also, they get major kudos for appearing to make Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy playable over baby characters.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
Yeah, I watched the video and it really looks like more of the same. Probably going to pass on this unless impressions/previews/reviews point towards something fresher. 
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »
I dunno know about more of the same, there seems to be quite a few change-ups in that video:

-Rather than moving around the board individually, each player seems to take turns driving the car.
-The stars appear to be silver.
-The status panels don't change color depending on the spaces.
-There appear to be no red spaces.
-Blue spaces appear to not give coins nor are coins present on the status panel.
-There appear to be blank green spaces.
-There appear to be yellow "VS." and "1vs.3" spaces on the board, sorta like Story Mode in MP5 or Solo Mode in MP6.
-Green "!" spaces appear to return.
-There appear to be red and blue musical note spaces. These resemble the Lucky Space from MP8.
-There appears to be a green space with purple arrows on it.
-Some of the stars appear to be purple.
-Unless that Dry Bones is a non-playable enemy, one of the mini-games appears to be 1 vs. 4. (!)
-There appear to be mini-games where two players take on Bowser Jr.

All-in-all, unless that thing with the car is some sort of new mode, this one looks very stripped down compared to the clutter-fests that were MP4-8. The mini-games also look a tad more Mario-ish than some past endeavors (MP5 being the worst offender).

Print