Print

Author Topic: Forums upgrade  (Read 27420 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
Yeah, I was kinda cool with it when the avatars were up and running (nostalgia for the Nintendo fan site I used to go to, I guess), but now it's just... cold. And barren!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
Could you at least make one that looks like the old theme. I really liked the Mario theme over the "some random fourm" theme.
That's the plan.

Yeah, I was kinda cool with it when the avatars were up and running (nostalgia for the Nintendo fan site I used to go to, I guess), but now it's just... cold. And barren!
Don't forget, you can change your theme to "SMF Default Theme - Curve" to enable avatars.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
I would have used the customized FF theme if it had supported avatars and were more brightly coloured. If not for the Mario-themed icons, that theme made Fungi Forums more reminiscent of a drug-dealing board than a Nintendo fan forum.

...Of course, being hosted on a site called The Mushroom Kingdom, it could go either way.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »
Site contest to design the next forum theme? With fungus stickers as prizes?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 11:45:20 PM »
Fungus stickers that, if David's "make a radio promo" contest is any indication, you'll never receive.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 12:53:51 AM »
I only use the default FF theme (black background and whatnot), so I was somewhat alarmed to see this come up. It's... scary!
I felt my eyes burn because I am not used to bright colors on dark text here. XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »
Alright, you can now switch to the new old-school FF theme, currently called "FF beta." Since I still need to tighten up the graphics on level 3, it's not the default theme yet. Please try it out and let me know of any problems!

Known bugs:
The CAPTCHA doesn't jive with the personal messages page, so members with less than 5 qualifying posts will not be able to send personal messages. This bug affects all themes.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
Avatar state, yip yip! support!  Yesss
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:21 PM »
Avatar state, yip yip! support!  Yesss
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, now that you have the option of disabling avatars in your profile settings, I have it set to display them by default.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Well, not sure if it's intentional or not, but I can't click the 1-Up Mushroom next to the title of a thread with unread posts to go to the first unread post anymore.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
Well, not sure if it's intentional or not, but I can't click the 1-Up Mushroom next to the title of a thread with unread posts to go to the first unread post anymore.
Fixed.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »
Right on, thanks Deez!

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
I hope you don't flag this as spam, but how do you change the theme?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick

If that link doesn't work for you go to your profile then click the look and layout link on the left.  I think the first line is for the current theme and has something like (change) next to it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
I finally switched to FF beta and it feels gooood. After I turned off the horrific avatars that is.

Print