Print

Author Topic: TV, a dichotomy  (Read 3565 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
I've found that I don't watch much TV anymore, yet I also find myself wanting a new 60" 3D TV.  Am I insane, or do you suffer form a similar dichotomy? 

My TV backlog pales in comparison only to my gaming backlog.  I want to keep up Mythbusters, Doctor Who, and The Big Bang Theory, but I can barely even keep up with my daily chores and professional responsibilities.  Where do you find balance?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
The TV I watch these days is limited to whenever/whatever my roommate has turned on at the time - our room TV is forever tuned into Cartoon Network and mostly serves as background noise.

I am making sure to keep up with Friendship is Magic but most of the things I enjoy these days are native to the Internet.  Web comics, abridged series, etc.  There's just nothing on these days that I care about that much.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »
Update...  Last Winter I bought a 60" TV (it's not 3D), but still don't give it much time.  At most maybe 2 hours a week, but usually less.  The time is fairly evenly split between Wii U, TV (mostly sitcoms, Doctor Who, Mythbusters, and Science channel shows and most of these or DVR'd), and Pandora when I'm doing chores.  You?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:19:05 PM »
Internet and TV evenly, and by that I mean both I use a lot. Like 5 Hours each.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
We got a 39" TV last year, and yet the vast majority of all non-interactive visual media that I watch is on my phone. We don't have TV, so the TV is just for video games and movies. I've been working 35ish hours a week lately (plus an hour a day for the commute), and everyone else in my family has been watching Lost constantly on both our TVs for the past few months anyway, so I don't use that TV much. When I play Wii U games, I usually just play in off-TV mode. I have Netflix, but I haven't gotten around to using it in a while, despite having a couple hundred things in my instant queue. I think I have commitment issues or something (When I do use it, though, it's on my 3DS). Pretty much all I watch right now is YouTube, and my seven-year-old laptop chugs when it tries to play YouTube videos, so, phone.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print