Print

Author Topic: Your Thoughts  (Read 3299 times)

« on: June 20, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
Discuss your thoughts of everything. Life, Love, Death... anything with deeper, chill-inducing meaning.

Here are mine...

First of all, I'm agnostic, so don't get your superman tights in a bunch if you read anything that offends you and your beliefs in anyway.

--

I'm wandering the many links of Wikipedia and I find myself scrolling through the scientific half of it.
I get to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_the_universe
I instinctively think to myself, "I'm incredibly lucky that I'll never have to encounter that." (Which I now realize is false, seeing as how matter is neither created nor destroyed, and me being matter will one day reach that fate).
I wander through the banks of my own mind and I find incredibly complicated thoughts of life and the meaning of existence, thinking about the beginning of time and it's inevitable end.
I then wonder the impossible:

"What if there were no existence?"

My mind figuratively imploded.
Completely baffled by my own innocence, I considered the many reasons for life and existence. Perhaps life is something that cannot exist without itself? (Cue implosion.)

--

When it comes to the topic of the creation of the universe, I don't believe in its existence being subject of a God.
I do however, believe in a higher spiritual power that connects us all on an incredibly large level of near-infinite magnitude.
That's not to say that a God isn't/Gods aren't a possibility, not at all. It just seems unlikely to me that an all knowing being (or beings) who "always was and always will be" exists.

--

So, what are your thoughts on things?
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
Isn't the whole board for discussing our "thoughts"?

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
Well, let me narrow it down a bit then. Relation between existence and higher intelligent powers. That work?
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
Well you said thoughts on "everything". That could mean anything. :P

Print