Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 146198 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #480 on: January 10, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
I didn't have a chance to play Smash Run. But I'll put it like this: comparing Smash Tour to Mario Party is unfair. To Mario Party. It is "Random Crap Happens And Someone Is Declared The Winner" to a ridiculous degree.
Just about literally my face when I first started that up while playing alone.

The concept had potential, but if a bigger cluster**** has ever been put to code, I've never played it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
Smash Run and Smash Tour have the same problem. And it's not brutal randomness. It's the severely whack ratio of build-up to main event. You spend five- or thirty-minutes doing a less-fun-than-Smashing stat building event and then the climactic battle is just a two-minute flash in the pan. Smash Run events should be at least three-stock or take five minutes. Smash Tour should just be pure stock.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »
I, personally, only disliked Smash Tour. Smash Run actually had some fun for me.

On an unrelated note, Lucina is my main, and the best girl.

And I was right, part of Mega Man's Final Samsh is Black Hole Bomb! Yay! Even if I've known this since the demo.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:43:30 PM by Tavros »
read jitsu wa watashi wa

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
A big part of my love for Smash Run has to do with it being heavily based on City Trial from Kirby Air Ride, a game I love to pieces.

Unfortunately, I'm running out of Powers and Custom Parts to unlock. :(

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2015, 07:30:41 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the Melee songs getting huge parts cut out of them? It's especially noticeable in DK Rap but other songs have parts missing, like some of the best-sounding parts of Pollyanna and whatnot. Why? Why did they make the effort to make the songs worse? So they'd save space in the 3DS version? Is there a reason they needed to be this way in the Wii U version too? what...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #485 on: January 18, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
I've been trying to figure out that out myself, and it can't be because of space. There are several other tracks that run longer than those tracks did before they were cut down.

The two most infuriating things about the DK Rap being cut down are a) They cut out Lanky and Chunky's verses, even though they're unarguably the heart and soul of DK64, and b) The verses they did leave in, Tiny and Diddy's, are nigh-incomprehensible. Nice job, music department. -__-

« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2015, 03:56:12 AM »
Huh? My copy of Smash 4 also had an edited DK Rap but... sounds like it's different than your guys'.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlaKKv4t78" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlaKKv4t78</a>

« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Who really needs another version?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #488 on: January 31, 2015, 01:25:54 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #489 on: March 18, 2015, 04:54:50 AM »
I really wish I had a Wii U or a 3DS...
welp, my wallet is almost dead anyways
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

« Reply #490 on: March 18, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »
Huh? My copy of Smash 4 also had an edited DK Rap but... sounds like it's different than your guys'.
(video)
Instrumentally, that's actually a really good sounding remix/remaster of the original.
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »

guess who's happy
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #492 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
Me! Because I get to vote for King K. Rool! :D

« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
Who here Mewtwo?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #494 on: April 15, 2015, 04:35:18 PM »
*raises hand*
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print