Print

Author Topic: I am Disappointed on Nintendo's Characterization and Lore.  (Read 6559 times)

« on: February 27, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
Sorry if I'm being harsh, but I honestly find Nintendo's Characterization and Lore severely lacking. Seriously, they can't make good characterization for crap! They either ignore potential characters or worlds(Sarasaland), or ruins them completely(Princess Toadstool/Peach wasn't that bad back then. She could have been made into a better character) either because of Pride, some "Honor Code", selfishness, or just laziness.

Really, I feel alot of what Nintendo has could have been more! I know all of you out there feel the same way in some aspect!

I also feel this way for the world(or Universe) of Capcom as well.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 10:15:50 PM »
is this a joke
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 10:25:03 PM »
is this a joke
I'm serious...

...or more specifically, i just want a little more form Nintendo's stuff. I like the comic books and manga based on Nintendo fiction. I want some of that in the nintendo games.

Peach Toadstool was awesome in Super Mario Adventures. Why can't she be this awesome in the games, while not acting like a typical girly girl?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:38:50 PM by 4 Game Freak »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 11:32:42 PM »
I'll admit, I've kind of got a thing for Amerime Suicide Bomber Peachigi.

So hot, in such a confusing way.
So I agree that Peach was great in SMA, but what's wrong with being girly?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 11:55:08 PM »
Well, not "girly" per say, but...

...did you like her characterization in Sunshine? I didn't.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 12:12:38 AM »
You want characterization and lore in a Mario game?

WHOA NELLY
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 12:37:58 AM »

Twelve years later, that Toad kid is complaining on digibutter.nerr about not getting to play the waifu-petting game
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 02:56:56 AM »
Really? I always thought that the lore and characterization in the Nintendo games were as good as they get, especially in the Paper Mario games, as BriGuy92 said. Also, I haven't been on these forums for a loooong time now.
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 03:48:55 AM »
Still waiting for Wario to be properly utilized in a main Mario game.

Wish Cackletta and other characters and stuff from the Beanbean Kingdom got brought into the main canon. As a funky neighboring country to the Mushroom Kingdom goes, Beanbean really nailed it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
I assume you mean "in", rather than "on".

I'm also not exactly sure what your problem is. If you want a story, play Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, or Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. They're all a-ok, as the rest have already mentioned.

Otherwise, are you sure you picked the right game series to be a fan of?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »
Twelve years later, that Toad kid is complaining on digibutter.nerr about not getting to play the waifu-petting game

I bet he never even played it.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »

I recently looked up digibutter.nerr and it turns out there's a forum called digibutter.nerr.biz that's still slightly active.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 02:29:16 AM »
...Speaking purely from the perspective of Mario lore, I'm happy enough. Especially when compared to the lore and continuity of the Sonic series. Rosalina's characterization might have gone down since Galaxy, but at least they remembered she's some kind of space fairy. By the mid to late 2000's, the Sonic series had forgotten Knuckles' backstory and driving motivations, reduced him to one character trait, and had him appear in games even though his only purpose was to follow Sonic around. I guess one of the advantages of keeping it simple is that things are a lot harder to screw up.

Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 06:15:07 AM »
I always thought the shift in theme songs from Sonic Adventure 1&2 to Sonic Heroes was kinda funny -- combine Sonic's "This fight is not for anybody, this is purely for myself" with Tails's "If I just follow you, I will never see the light" and Knuckles's "Don't approve of him but gotta trust him / This alliance has a purpose / This partnership is only temporary ... Just believe in myself, won't rely on others" and you get Team Sonic's "We can make it if we all stick together / We won't give up not ever / It's easier with my friends by my side / We all bring out the best things in each other / Together we are stronger than anyone else could be on their own"

Print