Print

Author Topic: Starman trick in Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 2423 times)

« on: March 17, 2003, 02:06:57 AM »
I long time ago when I was young, I was playing Super Mario Bros. 2, just messing around. I stumbled upon a trick that I haven't, to this day, met ANYONE WHO KNOWS OF IT!

The trick is, you get a Starman right before you enter the Sub-con door, (the one you get when you hurl the bubbling red potion on the ground). You wait about a "one one-thousand, two one-thousand", and enter Sub-con (it will probably take a few times). By the time the Starman music stops (while you're still in Sub-con), Sub-Con's music (old Mario theme) just starts... as you leave Sub-con, (if timed right), the music continues to be (a FULL version) the old SMB's music as heard in Sub-con... it lasts until you enter a situation where the music is set to change (i.e. Birdo encounters). Try it... it can be done on the first level!!!

Tell me there are other people out there who know of this! It's such a kickass little trick, I wish more people knew of it.

It DOESN'T WORK FOR SNES GAME, I don't think!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 08:44:45 AM »
I've done that trick before on the NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2. It DOES NOT work for the Game Boy Advance version or the Super NES version...

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 01:05:51 AM »
In fact, it's listed on the SMB2 Bugs page.

I fear the monkey in your soul.

That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 08:56:39 PM »
That glitch is also present in SMB2's original game- Doki Doki Panic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 09:09:02 PM »
But it plays different music.

That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 10:06:37 PM »
Why do they list it as a "bug"???

It's obvious that it was put in the game intentionally... if it WAS a bug, than why would they record the whole SMB original song in the game?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 11:02:04 PM »
Because it is a bug.
In many cases, they program more music into a game than you actually hear.
FYI, it's not the whole SMB theme; just the first few bars.

That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 11:29:51 PM »
You sure it's just a few bars?

I KNOW the sound doesn't cut itself off then repeat...

It plays a whole melody.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 11:32:00 PM »
I've done it before. It goes to the end of the first section. Then it goes back to the beginning.

That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 05:12:44 PM »
Well, I guess you just met a few people who know about this.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Print