Print

Author Topic: What's the first Mario game you ever beat?  (Read 5641 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: March 18, 2003, 10:26:55 PM »
This is where you tell about the first time you ever beat a video game.  You can say how good it felt. Unless it was a lousy ending.
The first Mario game I ever beat was Super Mario World. I like doing that code that makes Mario walk like a drunken guy.

xbox fears Mariomania, Brother!

Edited by - Jman on 2/2/2004 2:04:12 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 10:31:14 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 3

I don't believe in your signature. Whats wrong with the Pokemon games? I just ordered Sapphire about a week ago and I think it's great.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 10:53:46 PM »
Another game I beat was Yoshi's Island.
  My new sig is:Mario mania is still running wild!

Edited by - Jman on 4/1/2003 1:38:37 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 11:05:56 PM »
Kirby's Dreamland actually was the first game I ever beat!  It felt good to hear the end music and to hear dedede cry like a baby.

Mariomania is still running wild! Whatcha gonna do Bowser, When Mario runs wild on you!

Proud to be an American!

Edited by - Jman  on 2/2/2004 2:05:33 PM

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 03:49:34 PM »
Odd, my first beaten Mario game was also SMW. My frist beaten game was Life Force(anyone heard of it? of course, i used the cheat.)
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 03:53:20 PM »
The answer to both questions for me is SMB (1). I beat it when I was 3.

The first SNES Mario game I beat was, of course, SMW (1)

N64: SM64

First game I beat with my feet: SMW2.

(I might try SMW (1) sometimes... of course, it will be hard with the time limit and vastly different hit system....)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 03:58:59 PM »
The first ever beaten Mario game was problably Super Mario 64. But my first ever beaten game I think was that game like Wario World 2 or Wario Land 2...........Ugh something like that, well when I beat Super Mario 64 It felt awesome, this was the third ever game I have ever beaten.

I don''t have a problem with this world. It''s the world that has a problem with me.

~Shrek
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 11:29:35 PM »
I think the first game I beat was a handheld Star Trek: The Next Generation LCD game from Tiger.
The first Mario game I beat was either SMW or SM64, but I can't remember, because I suddenly got all my games in quick succession a few years ago.
Game I've beaten more than 5 times: Star Fox Adventures (more like 8)

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 03:39:17 PM »
Super Mario World. Beat it when I was 7. Of course, I used the shortcuts, so I never really beat-beat Super Mario World untill last year.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 05:17:32 PM »
The first video game I finishied was Mighty Bombjack for Commodore 64.  altought I was pretty good at it, I had to use an infinite lives cheat because it was long.

The first Mario game I beat was SMB3 from the all-stars collection.

Currently I'm working hard on Pinball of the Dead (GBA) until the next mario game pops in.

Cele the Ref

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2003, 12:19:49 PM »
Hmm... Wow.. Long time ago to think back...
Let's see... I think it was Kirby's Dreamland.
In Mario games I not sure, but I think it was Super Mario World (not all 96 levels, though, 'til much later.)

The 1964th person
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 04:07:36 PM »
I'd like to hear about some more Mario games that members have as their first ever beaten game.

What in the name of fried chicken is he doing now?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »
First game I ever beat was Legend of Zelda (Original) and the first Mario game I beat was Super Mario Bros.

I'd like to add I was only about 4 years-old when I beat Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. however, I did use a Game Atlas for Legend of Zelda to some extent(Basically all, heh-heh). Gimme a break, I could barely speak English at that age.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 06:43:18 PM »
I believe that the first Mario game I actually beat was Donkey Kong on GameBoy. I remember how hard Giant DK was at the time, but since then I've beaten it 3 more times. I play it when ever I reach a lull in my life.

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2004, 08:37:28 AM »
Super Mario Brothers
I used the continue cheat (hold down A B and START) the first time.

Print