Print

Author Topic: Your favorite Mario Show  (Read 5486 times)

« on: July 01, 2003, 08:15:55 PM »
What show are you guys most fond of? Mario Brothers Super Show, Super Mario World, or Super Mario 3? I personally liked Super Mario 3 the best. Super Mario Brothers Super Show just had them going to places and stuff and didnt focus on the series. SM3 and SMW did.

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 11:54:12 PM »
Yeah,I like Super Mario 3 the best to.

-----------------
Monkey''s RULE!!
-----------------
Monkey''''s RULE!!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 11:56:23 PM »
Watch, my post will be in front of Dark King's when he posted before me...

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 11:57:41 PM »
See! I just posted after him and now it's before him!Can someone tell me WHAT'S WRONG?

Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 11:44:30 PM »
My favorite would definitely be SMB3, despite that on the show, the characters seemed to be coping quite well with the fact that they didn't exist.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 05:43:26 AM »
I like SUPER MARIO WORLD the best!
Well,I like SUPER MARIO BROS.3 too.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 07:02:26 AM »
SMW had Kamek in it. With his terrible one-liners. EExample: Mario and crew are dangling from chains. Kamek says, "I like it when people ... HANG AROUND!". It's really annoying.

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 03:58:04 PM »
I like super mario world for the fact that Yoshi is in it. I would say that nintendo needed to make another mario cartoon, but I have a hunch that it would only cover from Mario 64 to Mario sunshine. I read a topic about someone making a mario fan cartoon that sounded cool.
By the way, kamek wasn't in the SMW cartoon. There was a magikoopa but kamek wasn't even created at the time.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2003, 03:12:59 PM »
I hate the theme song for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Who, in the right mind, could even think of putting "Mario" and "Rap" in the same sentence?!?
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2003, 03:17:24 PM »
At least the title for SMBSS is decent. And my fav Mario show is Super Mario Super Show.

I'm going to play golf! *walks off with a bag of tennis rackets*
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2003, 01:11:04 PM »
Super Mario Bros 3 by miles. I still have not seen the one from japan yet (It's the one which was the lost 'Great Mission' film). I think

1. Mario Bros 3 (Neat Animation, Good Plots)
2. Mario World (Crude Animation But Funny Plots)
3. Super Show (So-so animation but unoriginal plots.)

"It's the end of the road Galvatron!" Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2003, 01:14:09 PM »
We could send a petition to make them make another mario show.

And Go to the circle in General Chat!!

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 03:08:32 PM »
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3. It did not have that cheesy live action cut seens with Caption Lou Albono.

[Doin' Sapphira duty. Change your sig. ~LD]

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 8/15/2003 2:27:48 PM
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 09:43:04 AM »
SMB3 good, SMW okay, SMBSS so-so

[If you're Alucard, how about something Castlevania-ish? ~CW]

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/17/2003 5:12:43 PM
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2003, 11:23:12 PM »
I always loved watching the Mario cartoons when I was a kid, but each one had something to annoy me. The first one had the cheesy live-action segments which I never personally cared for at all, and sometimes ran Zelda instead, and at that time I don't think I even knew what Zelda was. The second one had the weirdo names for the Koopa Kids. And of course, the Super Mario World cartoon replaced Toad and his trademark doggie-chew-toy squeak when jumping with the much less amusing Yoshi.

Despite, I still liked them all well enough to watch every day that I could ;)

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 04:05:49 PM »
Things I like about SMB3 and World
1. The episodes are in the format of old theatrical "short subjects" (such as those made in the 1950s and earlier.)
2. They use sounds from the games
3. The music seems to have a connection with the network they originally appeared on (NBC)

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

Edited by - marioseeker on 5/8/2004 3:07:16 PM

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 06:36:36 AM »
Mine?

It must be the one and only Super Mario Bro.s: Super Show!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 07:57:39 AM »
"I hate the theme song for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Who, in the right mind, could even think of putting "Mario" and "Rap" in the same sentence?!?"

They don't. It may be a rap, but they never say it is, and not in the same sentence as Mario at the very least.

By the way, I hate them all despite my name.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 12:12:21 PM »
I liked all of them, but TAOSMB3 was when the animation colors became nasty.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »
I have the "King Koopa Katastrophe" DVD, and I immediatley found a gazillion bloopers in the episodes, so many that I can't explain, such as miscolorations, items missing, whatever.

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 01:46:39 PM »
I have that DVD too. I noticed a lot of animation errors and plot holes, but I pretty much prefer it over the first DVD, because this one allows the viewers to watch the episodes in Spanish. BTW, I've been doing a parody of that DVD, at http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1511254.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 04:15:24 PM »
what's the deal with the show:super mario all stars? cuz i went on my way on a beautiful day to tmk to look for midis,but oh! i accidently went to wrong place! i was in the lyrics page and there was 4 shows(!) SMBSS,TAOSMW,TAOSMB3, and super mario all-stars(?) what is it?

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 03:39:29 PM »
The "Mario All-Stars" show wasn't really a show. Basically, they just took 40 animated segments from the first season, compiled them into half-hour time slots with time-compressed versions of the third season episodes, and wrongfully advertised it as "40 brand-new adventures". Strangely, most of the show's ads featured scenes from the second season, which for some reason wasn't featured on "Mario All-Stars".

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 07:07:49 AM »
I remember from one scene in a video of SMBSS Luigi was wearing a red cap and Mario had Luigi's voice and said "time we pipe these guys up, eh, Mario?" (or something like that) One of the biggest bloopers ever.

Print