Print

Author Topic: Major League baseball's upcoming season.  (Read 4869 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: March 28, 2004, 11:55:27 AM »
Well, who is looking forward to the baseball season?  I am.  This is where you tell about your favorite team, or anything relating to baseball.  My favorite team is the Minnesota Twins, who will try for a third consecutive AL Central Division Title.

Only when I''m tired do I come up with random rambling signatures like this one. "Are you a Mario fan?  What?  You don''t like Mario? Die!"
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 05:38:48 PM »
I'm a Yankee fan. I saw the game they plaid in Tokyo against the Yomiyoshi(?) Giants. They haven't been playing too well lately, although when they won against the Red Socks for the penant last year, that was a truly awesome game.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »
The Twins are 17-8, that's the best exhibition record in baseball right now.

Only when I''m tired do I come up with random rambling signatures like this one. "Are you a Mario fan?  What?  You don''t like Mario? Die!"

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 08:40:08 PM »
.... I'm a Red Sox fan.... *sighs*....

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 08:43:31 PM »
Yeah, I know all about "The curse"  that strangely plagues both the Red Sox and the Cubs.  But, you never know.  It could be the Sox vs the Cubs in the World Series.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 08:43:45 PM »
Good news for luigi~lover: Sporting News magazine predicts that the Boston Red Sox will make the World Series.
Bad news for luigi~lover: Sporting News predicts the BoSox will lose to... (get this) the Chicago Cubs in the World series. And I am a Chicago Cubs fan. *bigger sigh*

A big sigh that everyone thinks it is a goat's fault that the Cubs can't make the World Series.
A bigger sigh that someone thinks that blowing up that infamous baseball from game 6 of the NLCS overrides the goat.

*sigh*

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 10:25:06 PM »
Yeah, the Yankees got whooped by Tampa Bay last night.  The Twins don't play their first game until this coming Monday.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »
Yeah but the Yankees killed Tampa Bay this morning in Tokyo, 12-1. People said it'd be the Boston Red Sox VS the Cubs last year and look what happened? Wrong. I can't believe the Yankees lost to Florida... that's pathetic. It's like losing to a group of Goombas in Super Mario RPG.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 08:58:08 PM »
Yep.  Well, the Twins begin play tomorrow night against the Cleveland Indians.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »
 Mets for life.

Just wait, I have a feeling it's going to be another year '69.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 01:46:58 PM »
I'm a mets fan as well. Go mets!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 08:47:48 PM »
Well, the Twins won last night in extra innings.  But it looks like they might lose tonight.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 09:37:01 AM »
I was wrong.  Jacque Jones tied the game with a two run homer in the bottom of the ninth with two outs, and the game went to extra innings.  After squandering several chances, the Twins won the game when Jose Offerman hit a ground ball up the middle to score the winning run from 3rd.  This was in the 15th inning.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 10:57:32 AM »
If the Cubs and Red Sox ever both made the World Series, it would go to game seven. And game seven would go 32 innings with no winner every time they attempt to play it.

I'm a Yankees fan, been going to games since '99. I'm going to Opening Day tomorrow.
I can't believe the Yank's lost last night. Mussina has not been pitching good of late. But we'll win today, Brown is pitching.

-------------------------------------------------------------
A Powerful Quote from Family Guy:

Peter: Brian, come quick! There s a message in my alphabets! It says "Oooooooooooooooo"
Brian: ...Peter... Those are Cherrios.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 11:40:35 AM »
Well, how's your favorite team doing so far?

Jman''s various quote of the week #1: If you say that again, I''ll beat six different kinds of animal snot out of you!  

Print