Print

Author Topic: The Ultimate Quest!  (Read 11614 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: April 04, 2004, 08:49:05 PM »
Yes, it is finally here!  After months of consideration and hard work, my newest fanfiction work is ready for the forum!

But first, the intro:

In a time of prosperity, the Mushroom Kingdom is on cloud 9.  Life has been good.  But then, something happens!  Something terrible, yet something that had happened many times before, well, it happened again.  The strange thing is, it happened to four different worlds.  In one day, 4 worlds unite.  8 heroes with help from others set out to save their loved ones, and to save the universe from complete destruction.  4 villains with help from their friends join forces against our heroes in a heck of a crazy battle.  But before this thing is over, our heroes make a shocking discovery.  Will our heroes stop this insanity, or will the bad guys win out and win it all?

Well, there you have it.  I might post chapter 1 tonight, based on your thoughts.  So post your reply, and I'll make my decision.

Only when I''m tired do I come up with random rambling signatures like this one. "Are you a Mario fan?  What?  You don''t like Mario? Die!"
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 01:03:21 PM »
um, no offense, but that sounds pretty dumb.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:46:22 PM »
Well, WarioLandMan, I think it sounds pretty interesting. And remember, that was just the intro, I'm sure it'll be better once you read the actual story.

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 04:56:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. I always like it when a bunch of characters get together.

"With every sunrise, there is a new chance, but with every sunset, you blew it."- Jack Handey
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 06:35:20 PM »
Me too. I can never get it to work, but Jman's looks cool.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 08:49:53 PM »
Yeah, I don't care what you think, but I would like to say that this story has been the one I have put the most effort into.

Only when I''m tired do I come up with random rambling signatures like this one. "Are you a Mario fan?  What?  You don''t like Mario? Die!"

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:00:24 AM »
Here it is.  I did my best to correct and revise it, but I will most likely find more errors and edit this part of the story.  Without further ado, The Ultimate Quest!

Chapter 1: It begins.

On a starship in deep space, a mysterious figure looms around.  Shadowed by darkness, he slowly walks toward a giant television split up into many different images.  A website pop-up appears on the screen.  It blasts that pop-up with a shock from its body.
"It is my time to shine!  Nobody will be able to stop me now!  Ha ha ha!"  The mysterious figure laughed.

Down on the Nintendo planet, our favorite plumber Mario was playing a game of Uno with Princess Peach, Toad, and Luigi.  Luigi won the first two games of the morning.  Mario laid down a draw 4 wild card.  Toad muttered something under his breath at Mario as he drew four cards.  
"Blue."  Mario said, changing the color pattern.  Luigi then reversed the order of turns by laying down a blue reverse card.  Right before Mario was about to say Uno and lay his card down, Toad spoke up.
"Hey Mario," He said.  "Can you go to the kitchen and get some more mushroom-flavored potato chips?"  
"Sure."  Mario said.  So, he went and did just that.  When he got back, he fanned out his deck.  He had 5 cards.
"What??!  Why do I have 5 cards?"  Mario said. Mario looked at Toad, but Toad smirked.  Then, Yoshi came into the room.
"Hey, Uno!  Can I play?"  He said.  
"Sure." Said Mario.  "In fact, how about we start over?"  So, they did start over, and Mario just smirked back at Toad.  Toad again said something under his breath at Mario.
Awhile later, after being beaten by Yoshi twice, Mario went to the rest room to ahem, secrete his chips.  When he got back, the Uno cards were scattered.  To make matters worse, Yoshi, Toad, and Peach were gone. Luigi lay on the ground.
"Luigi!"  Mario exclaimed.  "What happened?"
"Bowser's Koopa Troopas, they captured Peach and the others and...and...Uuugh!"”  Luigi failed to finish.
"Bowser, You'll pay for this!  I was going to win, too!  But seriously, you are going down!"

On the planet Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog had just finished humiliating Doctor Robotnik (Yeah, that's right. Robotnik, not Eggman.) for the mega- millionth time, He got back to his house.  He received word that he was wanted at Castle Acorn.  So, the blue blur sped toward the castle.  The castle at the time was being ambushed by Shadowbots.  Sonic got to the castle, saw this, and started sawing shadowbots in half.  Princess Sally was being taken while Sonic was distracted by the Shadowbots.  By the time Sonic was done, he received word that Sally had been kidnapped.
"Oh, that just does it!  Robotnik!  I'm coming to kick your astronomically huge butt into next week!"  Sonic said.

On the Planet Popstar, Kirby and his friends, Tiff and Tuff, were fishing in the creek.
"Yep, life is good in Dreamland." Tuff said as he lay back and relaxed against a tree.  But suddenly, their pleasant day was interrupted by dark skies.  The ideal thunderstorm began.  The wind blew so hard, it was raining horizontally.
"Do you think this is Kracko's second strike?"  Tuff yelled to Tiff over the winds.  Before Tiff could answer, A tornado siren sounded.  "Oh man!  We've gotta get home?"  Tuff said.  Kirby uttered some gibberish, as directed by the 4kids crew, but what he meant to say was "I don't think I want to stick around to find out!"
As they ran, a twister touched down on them.  
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" They screamed as the twister carried them along.  Finally, Tuff and Kirby fell on top of Castle Dedede.  
"That was the best ride I ever had!"  Tuff said.
"Hey, where's Tiff?"  He wondered.  "That creep, Dedede must have taken her!
We gotta stop him!"

In a high tech headquarters set up in an ancient looking castle, King Bowser Koopa, King Dedede, and Doctor Robotnik watched the different screens of the different planets.  
"This was a heck of a plan!"  Dedede said.
"Of course.  Why, with our defenses already set up around the entire planet, Sonic, Tails, Mario, Luigi, Kirby, and Tuff will never see their loved ones again!"  Robotnik said.  
"Mua ha ha ha ha ha!"  All 3 villains laughed.

Well there you go.  Review and tell me how you like or dislike the story.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:53:33 PM by Jman »

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 12:13:31 PM »
I like the fact that you used the Sonic characters from the comic books. That's my favorite Sonic series. Where's this 4th world you mentioned?

"With every sunrise, there is a new chance, but with every sunset, you blew it."- Jack Handey
This is a secret coded message.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 10:22:13 PM »
You'll find out in the 4th chapter.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 08:50:13 AM »
Well, now you know the beginning of the story.  Peach, Sally and Tiff missing.  But how did this happen? find out in chapter 2 of "The Ultimate Quest."

Chapter 2: The separate journeys come together.

Mario and Luigi walked along on their way to stop Bowser, the dirty koopa king who had kidnapped Princess Peach during a game of Uno.  Mario walked along, thinking about Peach, and at the same time, fuming over her capture.

“Bowser has done this too many times!”  Mario yelled.
“Yeah, what is this, the 1,000,001st time?” Luigi asked sarcastically.
“Shut up Luigi!  I didn’t ask for you to talk!”  Mario shot back.
“Jeez, don’t you know sarcasm when you hear it?”  Luigi thought to himself.  They continued on their way.

Sonic and Tails were on the other side of the desert that the Mario brothers trekked through.  On and on and on, this desert seemed to go forever.
“Ah, why exactly are we walking?  Let’s juice!  Come on Tails!”  Sonic said.  So they did.  Sonic cut through the sand with his Triple S spin.  Tails followed close behind.

Kirby and Tuff were getting beat by the sun.  The hot beams of sunlight seemed specifically aimed at them.  On and on they went.  They went a little further.  Soon, Tuff’s canteen ran out.  They continued to walk across the excruciatingly hot desert.  Soon, they seemed ready to drop.
“So…tired…. and….thirsty.”  Tuff’s voice rasped because his throat was so dry.
Tuff reached into the pocket of his overalls and found a toy truck.  â€œI’m so thirsty I could suck on this.”  He said.  â€œHey, wait!  I bet Kirby’s hungry too!  That gives me an idea!”  Tuff said.  â€œHey Kirby!”  Tuff yelled.  â€œSuck it up!”  Kirby looked at the airborne truck.  And since Kirby had the knack to do whatever Tiff or Tuff told him to do, he inhaled the truck.  A transformation occurred.  Kirby was now a full size pickup truck.  Even though he was an ugly pink, it had to do.  Tuff climbed in the cab, and away they went.  Tuff now had air conditioning, so he enjoyed the ride.  And it was a Chevy, so he knew it would be dependable.

Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails finally made it to Green Hill Zone.
“Ah, good old Green Hill!  I haven’t been here since Sonic 2!”  Sonic said.  They both eyed a waterfall.
“Water!”  They yelled.    They ran to the water, only to discover two men swimming in the water and drinking it.  Tails plunged in.  Sonic was hesitant at first, but then he too dove in.  They swam over to the men.
“Who are you guys?”  Sonic asked.
“I’m-a Mario, and-a this is-a Luigi!”  The elder plumber said.  They shook hands, and then Tuff came crashing through the greens of Green Hill, and flew off of a cliff into the water, nearly drowning Sonic in the process.

“Who are you?”  Sonic asked the green haired lad.
“Tuff’s my name, action’s my game!”  Tuff stated.
“And I’m Kirby.”  Kirby said
   â€œKirby, you spoke!”  Tuff said.
“Oh Tuff, I’ve always been able to talk!  Those morons at 4kids don’t let me talk because they want to pass me off as an unintelligent baby!”  Kirby said.
“So, what brings everyone to our neck of the woods?”  Sonic asked the crowd.
“My Princess Peach was captured, and I have a pretty good idea that Bowser’s the one to blame!”  Mario said.
   â€œWell, Princess Sally was captured by Robotnik (that’s right, not eggman.)  And I will not rest until she is safe!”  Sonic said.
“My sister Tiff was swept up in a tornado, and I bet Dedede did it!”  Tuff said.
   â€œWell, it looks like we’re in the same boat now!”  Mario said.
“Enough chit chat, let’s juice!”  Sonic said a line he has not used in a long time.

So the newly acquainted heroes were on their way to Dark Castle, where all of the bad guys involved in this crazy scheme were residing.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »
Juice? That's funny! *slurps box of Juicy Juice*

--------------------
I''m Sonya! Sonya the hedgehog! I''m Sonic''s lesser known sister and I''m the keeper of the Plasma Emerald!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

n/a

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »
I like.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 10:18:17 PM »
Ah heck!  I'll post chapter 3 tonight!  Couldn't hurt.

Chapter 3: Adding more to an already dismal situation.
FYI: The heroes now include the Mario Bros., Sonic and Tails, and Tuff and Kirby.

In a deep dark dungeon in the basement of Dark Castle, Princess Peach Toadstool was just regaining consciousness.  Peach noticed her surroundings.  How did she get here?   Then a familiar name crossed her mind: Bowser.
The dirtiest low-down lizard in the Mushroom Kingdom had done it again.  Bowser had a very crafty mind when it came to these things.  Perhaps that is what made him the villain he is today.
Peach sat up and felt the blood rush to all parts of her body.  She moaned, and noticed she wasn’t alone.  As her eyes accustomed to the darkness, she saw that her supposed inmates, Princess Sally and Tiff were still out cold.  Peach sat there quietly.

Meanwhile, our heroes were walking along the coast of Kong Island.
“Keep-a walking guys.  I-a have a friend who-a lives here!”  Mario said.  As they continued walking down the island, they ran into that surfer ape, Funky Kong.
“Well hello dudes!”  He said in a typical California surfer accent.
“Hi” Mario said.
“We’re looking for an ape by the name, Donkey Kong.  Do you know where he is?”
“He lives in the far out Kongo Jungle, dude!” Funky said.
“Okay, how do we get there from here?”  Mario said.
“You mean you’ve never heard of Funky’s Fights?”  Funky said.
“Sue me!  I never played Donkey Kong Country!”  Mario said.
“Well, just hop into this barrel and you’ll be on your way!”  Funky said.
“All I see is a barrel!”  Tails exclaimed in one of his first lines of the story.
“Yes, you only see a barrel now, dude!  But watch!”  Funky said again.  He pressed a button on a remote control, and wings popped out of slots on the barrel.  So everyone hopped in the barrel, and they were off to Kongo Jungle.

King Bowser Koopa, who may be the dirtiest player in the game of villainy, sat down for a cup of Koopa coffee with his allies, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and Doctor Ivo Robotnik.  While they drank, they discussed what to do with their prisoners.  Bowser asked the question.

“Let’s torture them till their arms fall off!”  Dedede said.
“Let’s roboticize them!”  Doctor Robotnik said.
“Those are excellent ideas men,” Bowser said.
“Well, how are we going to dispose of the heroes?”  Dedede said.
“Easy.  All of our best troops are stationed in every world those guys have to travel through.     Just then, a small beep was heard.  It was Bowser’s cellular phone.
“Sorry guys, I’ll be right back.”  Bowser walked to the corner.
“Yeah, what do you want?”  He said in his usual angry tone of voice.
“Oh, good.  Excellent.”  Bowser said as he hung up his phone.  He went back into the room.
“We have more hostages.” Bowser said.
“Sweet!  Who?”  King K.Rool asked.
“A couple of freaks named Lady Like and Sir Ebrum.  Sounds like they got their names from Japanese people!”  Bowser said.
“Good.”  Said a voice from Dedede that wasn’t Dedede.
“What trickery is this, D?”  Bowser said.  â€œI don’t know, I just feel like there’s something inside me telling me these things!”  Dedede said.  In Dedede’s head, Dark Matter let out a laugh.
“We also have captured Mario’s friends Yoshi and Toad.”  Bowser said.
“Well, it looks like we have those heroes right where we want them!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!”  Said DM from Dedede’s mouth  â€œOh, I forgot to tell you.  I’m possessed.” Dedede said.   The other villains looked at Dedede.  â€œNo, you’re just insane!”  Bowser said. Then everyone but Dedede laughed maniacally.

Okay, chapter 3 is the chapter where the fourth villain appears, and next chapter is where we find out who else was affected by this plot.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 07:46:29 AM »
It looks like there are 5 villians:
Bowser
Dedede
Robotnik
K.Rool
DM

Where did K.Rool come from?  He just suddenly appeared.

btw, Excellent story.  I can't wait to hear more.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 04:44:07 PM »
Nah, that DM/Dedede "I'm possessed" bit was just for comic relief.  DM is not a villain in the story, he just controls Dedede, like in the games.

Print