Print

Author Topic: Technical questions about the message board...  (Read 3708 times)

« on: April 22, 2004, 04:34:15 PM »
Question 1: Why does the profile editor always add an extra aposterphe when putting just one in the signature?
Questoin 2: Why do certain topics end up closed, and who has permission to close topics?

-Making your way in the world today really takes everything you''ve got!-

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 05:19:17 PM »
Question 2: Topics are closed when they turn into big flame wars, are made as insults, are simply to advertize, or for other special circumstances. Mods and admins have the power to close or delete threads. It says the name of the mods next to each of the boards.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 05:56:50 PM »
Question 1: It has to do with the apostrophe being used in ASP coding. To prevent the problem from happening, type your sig into a word editor like Microsoft Word that automatically replaces quotation marks with smart quotes. The smart quotes are a different mark, so they won't trigger the problem and it's quotationary solution, and your sig will look like it is supposed to.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 07:27:15 PM »
Your Sig: Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."- Jack Handey

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 4/22/2004 6:27:54 PM
This is a secret coded message.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 09:49:21 AM »
You can also use Alt+0146 to make the apostrophe LD was talking about.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 11:51:19 AM »
Or you can use Option-Shift-] if you happen to be a Mac user . . . *Gives a forced smile of false hope*

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 07:30:37 PM »
Hey! I just so happen to be a Mac user, but I don't have a good signature, so....

*smiles at Watoad*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 08:42:46 PM »
Why don't we get avatars?  We can supply our own pictures.  I just happen to have a good one. :)

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
Because...this board is obsolete(which is sorta good), and doesn't support avatars. And there's nothing you can do to make us use a new board!

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Print