Print

Author Topic: What new Retro games will you be getting?  (Read 6485 times)

« on: June 07, 2004, 01:23:03 PM »
What new Retro games will you be getting?
For me, I'll be getting SMB of course, and Zelda!
The other games like Donkey Kong and Excite Bike are a bit pointless because they're already on the e-Reader.

____
What in the Wario is going on here?
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 05:41:16 PM »
None, because I am old enough to already own all those games 17 times already. I think I'm going to get the NES SP, though.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 6/7/2004 4:41:54 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 06:49:27 PM »
NES SP and Bomberman since I never played the original.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 06:57:50 PM »
Zelda. I've never played the first one. Maybe Ice Climbers (is that one of them?).

"There''s never enough time to do all the nothing you want."- Calvin
This is a secret coded message.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 07:36:31 PM »
I was going to get SMB, but I already have SMB Deluxe.  If I end up getting rid of my GBAsp when I get a DS and the DS will not play GBC games, I might buy it.  Zelda is also a possiblility, but I am getting 4 swords GCN now, and I aready have the NES Zelda in Animal Crossing and in the collectors edition.  If Dr. Mario and Wrecking crew come out I will most likely get them.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 11:33:14 AM »
Actually, I'd buy Dr. Mario and Wrecking Crew. And I would have wanted SMB if I didn't have the superior Delux model.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 02:36:19 PM »
WHOA WHOA WHOA, hold the phone! DS won't play old Game Boy games? Hmm... looks like I really need to get a Game Boy Player then.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 04:10:49 PM »
At $19.99, I'm not gonna get any of them. The only one I would actually want would be Zelda, but I have it on my Zelda Collector's Edition. It's a fun game.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 05:19:28 PM »
That's not what he said.  He said IF DS doesn't support GBC.  We don't know yet.  There's a good chance that it's emulated if they aren't going to include the processor for it.

Shouldn't this be part of the oxymoron thread? ;-)

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »
I watched a movie on GameSpot about this. The Nintendo guy said that he didn't want the DS to make the SP obsolete, and that they would still make games for it. He just thought that if the DS could play GBA games, it would sell better. He didn't want it to play GB and GBC games because that would, as stated earlier, make the GBA obsolete.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »
I spot an oxymoron in your topic name.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 10:46:20 AM »
New and Retro?

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 12:23:28 PM »
They're new cartridges with the nice new smell, but with old code and programming. The price is great; at $20, it's great for those with astronomically small budgets.

____

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 06:26:05 PM »
If you buy two games at Target you get a free pair of SP headphones.

The games are slightly under $18 at BestBuy.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 10:54:45 AM »
Kewl!

____

Print