Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 327858 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1035 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Thing is, I only edited two posts. One (LD's) had the F-bomb twice, and another the S-bomb. I probably should have left the S-one alone, but the double F-bomb was extreme, even if the censors picked it up. Regardless of whether or not I should've censored them, (and considering how subtly and unobtrusively I did so), people seem to be blowing it completely out of proportion and are overreacting in a very inappropriate manner.

So, I don't want to deal with it anymore. The drama, hostile environment, and abundance of profanity are some of the main reasons I left two years ago. When doing something about it is futile, and letting things be is also unpleasant, so why would I want to stay?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:00:43 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #1036 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
Because

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1037 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
It's been fun, Sapph.  Good luck in your future TMK (and real life) endeavors.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1038 on: February 17, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »
but the double F-bomb was extreme

No, you censoring it was extreme. There's nothing "extreme" about a word.

people seem to be blowing it completely out of proportion and are overreacting in a very inappropriate manner.

We had every right to be angry because you censored someone.

The drama, hostile environment, and abundance of profanity

Please. There's nothing hostile about a Mario internet forum. Period.

I don't want to deal with all the drama and antagonism directed toward me again

You're the wrongdoer in this case, so stop playing the victim. We weren't antagonizing you. We were angry because you censored Lizard Dude. In other words, we were criticizing you. Antagonzing you would've involved us baselessly attacking you personally or calling you names.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:54:34 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1039 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
We had every right to be angry because you censored someone.
What did it hurt?  I mean, no, she obviously had no need to do it, but I don't see why it's a big deal.

Please. There's nothing hostile about a Mario internet forum. Period.
The premise under which we gather isn't what decides whether we're hostile or not.  That can only be determined by the content of our posts, and likely by the number of new/returning members we've scared off in the past year alone.  So all in all, I'd say pretty hostile.

You're the wrongdoer in this case, so stop playing the victim. We weren't antagonizing you. We were angry because you censored Lizard Dude. In other words, we were criticizing you. Antagonzing you would've involved us baselessly attacking you personally or calling you names.
I didn't see any real criticism going on so much as "**** censorship" and "your god doesn't exist anyway."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #1040 on: February 18, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »
I didn't see any real criticism going on so much as "**** censorship" and "your god doesn't exist anyway."

In fairness to the other members I'm the only one who brought that up. And I was just being a jerk for the sake of it there.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:55:48 AM by Sapphira »
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1041 on: February 18, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
Wait, what's so offensive/non-critical about that? I mean by that logic, we atheists should feel offended anytime a Christian says "God exists."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1042 on: February 18, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
And saying "God exists" would be equally devoid of any critical value.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1043 on: February 19, 2011, 04:38:42 PM »
What did it hurt?  I mean, no, she obviously had no need to do it, but I don't see why it's a big deal.

Because it was annoying back in the day and its annoying now. By letting something like that fly, you're giving someone the ability to intimidate others from speaking their mind. I understand what her intentions are, but I and many others see it as more of a nuisance than anything.

Also, if you ever get a chance, look back at the old edits she used to do. They were filled with condescending chastisement that were totally unnecessary.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #1044 on: February 19, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
They were filled with condescending chastisement that were totally unnecessary.

Wow, I remember that now.

« Reply #1045 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »
Hey, guys!! I barely stepped foot in here, but I want to let you know I may not be around much (and I haven't been) for awhile. I'm sorry I haven't contributed much, but I'll come around now and again when I can, and I'll share some of my works whenever I do them! I just wanted to let you know instead of just disappearing without a trace and appearing later like some odd ghost. :D

« Reply #1046 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
Looking forward to your return! Good luck in all you do!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1047 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
Thank you so much, Pt_Peach!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1048 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:30 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm about done here. For the four years I've been here, I've seen this place change from a great Mario forum to a meme joke/anime girl website. We don't discuss Mario nearly as much as we used to, and the past five videos I put up have received only a few responses each here. On top of that, more and more spambots and eccentric members have been popping up. It was great here, and I'm not exactly sure right now if I'll come back, but I think it's about time I leave.

Thanks to everyone who made this forum very enjoyable to me, and best of luck
- Kimimaru
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1049 on: March 05, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
Oh. Goodbye then.

Print