Print

Author Topic: The revenge of Luigi!  (Read 14025 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: June 30, 2004, 12:22:35 PM »
Here's a little story I decided to try.  It's the story of a brutal murder taking place during a rescue mission.  Luigi must take down the one responsible for its happening.  This is the story of Luigi's revenge.

Chapter 1: How it happened.

It was late in the night when Luigi and his brother Mario went out to search for the Princess for what seemed like the 1,000,000th time.  They had barely made it halfway, when in an instant, Mario yelled out "Stop!"
"Why?"  Luigi asked.
"This might be a trap!"  Mario exclaimed.  So they continued on their way, unaware of what was about to happen.

A couple of hours later, they had made it to the steps of King Bowser Koopa's castle.
"Come on Luigi, let's go in there, bust some Koopa butt, and get Peach back!"
"Let's do this!"  Luigi said back.  They entered the castle.

On the other end of the castle, Bowser had flattened Yoshi in Yoshi's attempt to save the Princess.
"You foolish dino!  You can't stop me, and as soon as Ludwig returns with that power pendant chain, nobody will be able to withstand my power!  Bwahahahahahaha!"  Bowser roared.  (The pendant referred to is the same one from the SMB3 cartoon episode "Super Koopa")

Just then, the door opened.  Mario and Luigi stormed in.
"Bowser!  Just give us back the Princess, and we won't beat you for the 1,000,000th time!"  Mario said.
"Dad!"  Ludwig called.  "I have your power pendant!"
"That's great son!  You are the most worthy of my worthless kids! Bwahahahahaha!"  Bowser said.  "And now the Mario brothers will pay double for all the times they have beaten me!"

So the fight was on.  Mario charged at Bowser, but Bowser smacked him to the side like he was nothing.  Luigi suffered the same fate.  Bowser rubbed the pendant, and he began to glow.
"What you just received was nothing compared to the pain you are about to feel!"  Bowser said as he powered up.  He continued to glow, which must have been the sign that he was powered up.  Mario fired a fireball at Bowser, but Bowser sent it back at Mario like a Roger Clemens fastball.  Mario was fried instantly.
"I always wanted my Mario deep-fried!"  Bowser said.  Luigi narrowly ducked to avoid Bowser's fire breath.  Luigi then did his super leap into the air, and crashed down on Bowser.  Bowser fell to the floor.
"Well, that was easy."  Luigi said.  Bowser then jumped to his feet, repaired of all damage.
"I always open my mouth at the wrong time!"  Luigi said.  Bowser powered up and fired several nuke blasts.  Luigi ducked and closed his eyes.  Then he realized he wasn't the one targeted, it was Mario.  Luigi tried to save Mario, but it was too late.  Mario was nothing short of destroyed.

"No..."  Luigi whispered.
"Yes!!!  I might even give Ludwig a hug for reconstructing this thing!"  Bowser said.  "Waitaminute, where's Peach?"  Luigi asked Bowser.  "Oh, she's at the castle.  I sent her home after receiving word that you and the late Mario were coming.  It was just a plot to lure you here!"  Bowser laughed.  Luigi looked and what he saw sickened him.  It was so graphic and bloody, I can't bring myself to describe it.  All I can say is that Bowser had finally defeated Mario.
"Why don't you try to kill me too?"  Luigi said.  
"Because you aren't worth it.  Yeah, you're just not worth my time.  With this pendant, I can rule the Mushroom world!"  Bowser laughed as he teleported away (a feature of that pendant that I made up) and left Luigi alone with his thoughts, and a dead Mario.

Well, what did you think of that first chapter?  R&R please.  I'd love to hear what you think.

They can take my video games, they can take my possessions, they can beat me, torture me, or flat out try to kill me, but they can never take away my love for America.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:32:46 AM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:00:14 PM »
That was Awsome, Jman! It sounds like a very interesting story. I can't wait to hear the rest!
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 02:05:35 PM »
Well, I figured the forum needed another dark story besides "The Prophecy."

I could be the lost Mario brother.  Think about it.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 03:09:37 PM »
Wow! This is wicked! Another great story by Jman! I love that you decided to write about Luigi! He is truly my hero!

*daydreams about Luigi*

Oh yea, I think the plot rocks! Luigi getting revenge for his brother, murdered by his rival, sounds very interesting indeed. I'm impressed!

*Cheer's for Jman!*

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 08:42:02 PM »
Luigi getting revenge for his dead and awesomer brother can also be found in RotMK.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon

Edited by - nintendofreak on 6/30/2004 7:42:26 PM
Deezer was here.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 08:58:30 PM »
Yeah.  For once, a story centered around Luigi.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 12:58:10 AM »
For once? I'm almost certain that there is more Luigi fan fiction than Mario.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 06:14:53 PM »
After much deliberation, I have decided to continue this story.  I just need some time to write it.  I've been extra busy these last few days.  I'll probably manage another chapter by midweek.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 06:12:25 PM »
Chapter 2: Luigi gets down to business

It was the 4th of July.  Fireworks were being lit off everywhere.  Everybody was having a good time.  Everyone except poor ol' Luigi.  It had been nearly 10 days since the brutal murder of Mario by Bowser.  Luigi watched fireworks from his bedroom window.

Princess Daisy arrived red carpet style at the party, and she immediately went looking for Luigi.  She and Luigi had that same kind of thing that Mario and Peach had.  But now Mario was dead, never to enjoy another fourth of July.

Daisy found Luigi staring out his window.
"Hi!" She said.
"Oh, hi."  Luigi said very gloomily.
"Luigi, why aren't you out here having fun with us?"  She asked him.
"Mario's dead..."  Luigi said.
"What??  I thought he was out getting a pizza or something!"  Daisy said.
"No... he's dead...Bowser killed him..."

Luigi's voice started to crack and he sunk into Daisy's arms.  Daisy started to say something, but then she decided it was best to just comfort Luigi, the man that she was very close to.  She hated to see him hurt like this.
"Luigi, I'm sorry Mario's gone, but you need to come out here and cheer up!" She told him.
"Yeah, I suppose you're right.  Let's go!"  Luigi managed a smile.  Daisy hurried out of the room.  Luigi said a few explicitives about Bowser and then left saying "You'll pay for this Bowser, I swear it!"

"I can't believe he actually did it!"  Lemmy Koopa said to his sister Wendy.
"Me neither.  I heard him say it many times, but I never thought he would actually kill Mario!"  Even Bowser's kids were shocked that their dad would actually kill his arch-nemesis.
"Well I'm not!"  Ludwig said.  "I heard him swear to the sky that he would kill Mario.  I helped him by reconstructing that pendant that made him "Super Koopa" all those years ago!"
"Well, I've got a match tonight!  I've got to go!"  Lemmy said.  Iggy followed him.  They were going to SSB Live to fight.

Back at the house of Luigi, the party was over, and everyone else had gone home.  Everyone except Daisy.  She wanted to stay with Luigi and keep him company, since Mario had been destroyed by Bowser.  Luigi slept on the floor, letting Daisy have his bed.  They said goodnight and fell asleep.  Luigi couldn't help but think "Bowser will die for what he did!  I will avenge Mario!"

Well, there's chapter 2.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 06:08:40 PM »
Preview of chapter 3:

A few days have passed since Mario's gruesome end. Mario's funeral takes place, but Bowser and his kids crash it. Bowser has overtaken the castle of Peach and has also taken over the kingdom!  Will Luigi be able to stop him?  or will he end up suffering the same fate as Mario?  Find out next chapter!

I''ve found that if you have a goal, you might not make it.  But if you don''t have one, you''re never disappointed.  Let me tell you, it feels phenomenal!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 07:32:17 PM »
Chapter 3: funeral crashers, koopa bashers, and Luigi's lost it!

"Luigi.."

Luigi had been hearing these voices for days now.  Ever since Mario's gruesome end, Luigi had been hearing his voice in his dreams.  He had also seen gruesome images in his mind; images that foretold the future of the MK.  Luigi had tried telling these things to other people, but they disregarded him as a crazy dreamer.

However, there was one person who stuck by his side every time someone rebuked him.  Daisy, as a matter of fact, had put an end to the heckling of her man with what the locals simply call the "slap heard round the world."  The sorry sap on the receiving end of the blow had to move to Iceland just to stick his head in the ice water and stop the pain.  Ouch.  Anyway, Daisy was over at Luigi's house that night, and Luigi was extremely grateful to have someone stay with him on the eve of Mario's funeral.

Luigi had to let Daisy know how he felt about her.  But he had to wait until the right moment.  Although he had to admit that deepening his friendship with Daisy into a relationship was the last thing on his mind.  Of course, first was getting his revenge on Bowser.  For now, however, he decided to forget about Bowser, and enjoy a quiet evening at home with his good friend.

"Luigi, you haven't said anything since I got here except, 'Hi Daisy, please come in and sit down.' What's on your mind?"  Daisy said to break the silence.
"Nothing" He said. "Well, actually, there is something."
   "What's that?"  Daisy asked him.
"Well, it's just that...Mario was my only living relative before last week.  My parents both died when I was young, and me and Mario were raised in the street by our uncle, a tough old Italian American man who first taught us how to fight."  Luigi sat there silently.
"Go on"  Daisy told him.
"One day, when me and Mario were in the sewers fending off several weird creatures, we found the pipe they were coming out of.  We climbed into the pipe, and were suddenly in this kingdom."
"Mario pointed out to me that the people were all turned to stone.  Both of us wondered why or how this happened.  It turned out that Princess Peach had been kidnapped by Bowser, and was being held at his castle.  For some strange reason, we went off on this adventure and defeated Bowser, rescued the princess, and the rest is history."
"Wow.  That's awesome, Luigi."
"And now he's...gone..."  Luigi faded into silence.
Daisy just sat next to him and wrapped her arms around him.  She just held him through the night.

The next morning, it was dark, rainy and nasty.  "Just the type of day for a funeral.."  Said Luigi as he got up and out the door.  At the church, the casket was closed up.  Apparently, they had not been able to find Mario's body.  It made perfect sense, considering Bowser basically vaporized him with his power.

So the funeral service began.  It started off with a reading from the Bible, and then, various people were allowed to the podium to voice their thoughts and memories of Mario.  Luigi was up on the podium, and he was just getting ready to speak, when Bowser and his kids crashed the party by crashing through the church window!
"Mwa ha ha ha ha!"  Bowser laughed!  "I myself have some thoughts and memories of Mario!"  The evil koopa laughed.

I''ve said my piece, now I''m off to some hardcore SSBM action!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 08:41:25 AM »
Preview of ch.4:

When Bowser crashes Mario's funeral, he gets up on the podium simply to mock Mario's greatness.  It's more than Luigi can bear, as he leaps up from his chair and completly loses it.  Luigi vs Bowser ensues!  And when it ends, you won't believe what happens next!  All in chapter 4 of The Revenge of Luigi!

I''ve said my piece, now I''m off to some hardcore SSBM action!

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »
very good. about time there was a dark story.

________

w00t.
________

w00t.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »
This story is one I am planning to update next weekend. 

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 11:29:41 PM »
The story rawks!!! I feel so sorry for Luigi. And I wonder how Peach feels now that her lover is gone :(. This is a sad story, but I'm looking forward to some action!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:38:49 PM »
Oh, no... too many good stories here at TMK... *head explodes*

I vaguely remember reading this quite a while ago... still as good as ever. Good job!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 06:54:45 AM »
Tashio: Daaaaaaaaaaaaad! *cries* Wait.  Why am I still here?
Me: Your dad dies of old age in my version of the timeline.

(Pistachio Luigi Mario; prince of the Mushroom Kingdom, son of Mario and Peach)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:14:03 AM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 08:52:37 AM »
This is not going to be a heavy romance story, believe me.  I'm horrible at writing good romance.  I might even update this story today, seeing as how I have school off because of a bad snowstorm.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 08:57:07 AM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 07:27:51 PM »
Chapter 4: Funeral fight!

This is the part where you would expect Bowser and Luigi to be going at it.  But instead, we shall journey back to the night before, from a very "peachy" perspective; the perspective of the one and only Princess Peach Toadstool.

Flashback: The night before.

Peach sat in her royal bedroom on a quiet night, wondering how she would ever go on without Mario by her side.  For Mario, the man that she loved, was dead.  Bowser had finally managed to destroy him with a nasty nuke blast from his powered up pendant.  Sure, life would go on for the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. But without
Mario by her side, it was sure going to be a lot harder. 
          "I just can't believe he's actually...gone..."  She said as she tried to hold back the tears but failed miserably.  "We had so much in store for us!  Now, because of that sick slimy Bowser Koopa, it'll never happen!"  She said between sobs.  Then, after a few seconds, she absolutely broke down and cried herself to sleep.     
               *** (Back to the present day)

Bowser Koopa, the one person Luigi was the least happy to see, had just crashed his brother's funeral.  Now, the evil Koopa King ascended the podium to, as he said, share his favorite memory of Mario.  Luigi was absolutely incensed. 
             "Friends, victims, and citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom.  I, Bowser Koopa have come to share my favorite memory of the great Mario Mario.  You see, when you have faced off against the same person for 21 years, you get to know them, particularly their weakness.  Which is why just a few nights ago, at my hallowed castle, I thwarted a late night Mario brothers rescue mission by nuking Mario Mario to absolute oblivion!  And that is my favorite memory of Mario, looking on the ground and seeing a pool of red orange and blue colors all mixed together where he once stood.  Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen of the Mushroom Kingdom! Bwa ha ha ha!"  Bowser finally finished his speech on his favorite memory of Mario.  Luigi, who had grown more and more enraged with each sentence of Bowser's speech, could take it no more.  He stood up on his chair, ready to fight. 

"Bowser!  I'll teach you to spit on my brother's legacy!"  Luigi yelled as he jumped from his seat and tackled Bowser on the platform.  Bowser easily pushed Luigi off of him and threw him into a stack of boxes in the back of another room. 
              "Maybe next time you'll think twice before you try and attack me, second rate brother!"  Bowser said.  This reply brought Luigi screaming out of the pile of boxes.  He tackled Bowser through a stained glass window of the church and the fight spilled into the street along with the blood of both he and the Koopa king. 
              "Second rate this!"  Luigi said as he landed a good hit on Bowser's face.  The fight was really intense now.  Bowser finally caught hold of Luigi and threw him to the side, laughing like he had just seen Dumb and Dumber for the first time.  He stood over Luigi as the second half of the Mario brothers struggled to get to his feet. 
              "You really are pathetic, Luigi.  Your brother couldn't even beat me with this pendant I own.  And I'm not even using it right now!  Mario died trying to beat me, so don't think that you ever will!"  Bowser's mocking voice stung Luigi hard.  Luigi got to thinking as the evil Koopa King stood over him.  He thought about how Mario always seemed to be the hero, but was also a supportive older brother.  He even remembered something he thought he had long forgotten.  Mario had introduced Daisy to Luigi, and the two had been friends ever since. 

"Bowser, I swear to the many mushrooms of this world, you will pay for the murder of my brother!"  Luigi said as he stood up and stared straight into the face of the evil one.  Bowser simply turned and walked away. 

Yeah, you'd better run.  Luigi thought to himself as he watched Bowser get into his clown copter and fly away.  Suddenly, he heard a voice call his name.  It was Daisy.  She threw herself into his arms and began crying. 
               "Oh Luigi!  I thought I was never going to see you again!"  She sobbed on his shoulder.  After a few seconds, Luigi pulled her up so she was looking straight into his eyes, which held an intense look.
               "Oh, don't worry Daisy.  I'm not going anywhere."  He said.  Then, he collapsed to the ground, clutching his side.  Daisy was panicking.

"Luigi!  Luigi!  What's wrong?!"  She said to him.  He rolled over to show her his blood stained overalls on his other side. 

"Oh no!"  Daisy cried.  She quickly called 9-1-1, and the ambulance came to take Luigi away to the Mushroom Clinic, Daisy staying by his side the entire time.  It was a horrible end to a tragic day of mourning for the legend and legacy of the late, great Mario Mario.   

Jman

• Score
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 07:34:39 PM »
Preview for Chapter 5:

While Luigi is laid up at the hospital, Bowser gets together a massive system of armies and takes over the Mushroom Kingdom.  Luigi gets out of the hospital only to discover the horrible situation and state of the Kingdom.  Bowser kidnaps Peach and a forced marriage is pending, with refusal by the Princess punishable by the deaths of Yoshi, Toad and all of her other friends who are still in hiding.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 10:41:47 AM »
Nooooo! *cries* I would die if I married Bowser. The horrible creature!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
I think there are a few fanfictions out there with the Peach/Bowser pairing.  I'm sorry, but the thought of such pairing makes my stomach queasy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jman

• Score
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »
Note that I said it was a forced marriage.  They're not together because they want to be, believe me.  And pt_peach, with my stories, you'll have to get used to over-the-top villains. 

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 01:56:44 PM »
Okay *gets used to it* I got used to it!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »
The next chapter comes this weekend!

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »
finally, someone brings up super koopa!

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 08:40:05 PM »
Aw, I wanted Luigi to finish off Yoshi. :(

Anyway, keep writing!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »
My apologies, guys.  I'm not going to be able to post the next chapter this weekend, I haven't even written it yet.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 09:59:20 PM »
And more of the same for this weekend.  I have been absolutely swamped with homework and the track season has started.  if I do post it this weekend, it would most likely have to be on Sunday afternoon.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2006, 10:37:19 AM »
I know how it is.  This week has had thunderstorms (which kept me from going on the computer much), my little cousins (whom I rarely see) came to visit, I had to go to a Naitonal Honor Society induction ceremony on Thursday, and I have prom tonight.  Busy, busy, busy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jman

• Score
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2006, 10:44:39 AM »
As promised, I now present, chapter 5 of The revenge of Luigi.

Chapter 5: Two months of terror.

Luigi sat in his bed one evening, reflecting on his actions of a certain previous day.  Bowser had stirred up his agitation by mocking Mario at the legendary plumber's funeral, and Luigi had reacted, getting into a big brawl with the evil Koopa king.  Then, Bowser had told him that he would never measure up to Mario, because not even Mario could beat him as long as he had that pendant. 
         "That pendant makes him all powerful.  If anyone is to beat him, they would have to destroy it!"  He said to himself.  "But, I thought we already did in that big fight years ago." (Once again, referring to "Super Koopa")
          Luigi continued to stir in thought until he finally drifted off to sleep; his last words of the evening being, "I'll find a way to destroy that pendant, and Bowser, if it's the last thing I do!" 

The next morning, things were running smoothly and it had started out like any normal day in the Mushroom Kingdom.  The air was fresh and clear, the kids ran and played on the playgrounds during early morning recess at Mushroom Elementary, and the older kids sat in their first hour classes at Fungi High.  Luigi, however, was not in high spirits.  The memory of Mario's demise still fresh in his mind, he went along in his day just going through the motions, not really caring what was going on.  He had just gotten out of the hospital, much earlier than expected, and was supposed to meet Daisy for lunch at 12:00 at the newly named "Mario Diner."  (And also, for memorial purposes, the gym at Fungi High was renamed the "Mario Mario Memorial Gymnasium.")  He finally got there and met her for lunch, and they began talking.
         "Hi, Luigi!  How are you doing?"  Daisy said in the most optimistic way that she could. 
         "Fine, I guess."  Luigi said in kind of a dull tone.
         "You miss him don't you?"  Daisy said in a sympathetic voice. 
         "Yes, I miss him a lot."  Luigi said.  They all did.  Mario was a friend to all who encountered him, with the exception of Bowser and other villains and their cronies.  Daisy put her arm around Luigi, as she had moved her chair right next to him. 
         After reflecting silently for a moment, Luigi spoke again.
         "Daisy, I figured it out last night."
         "What did you figure out, Luigi?"  She replied.
         "I figured out how I can beat Bowser."
         "But he's too powerful!  He'd kill you in a heartbeat with those pendant powers!"  Daisy replied.
         "Just listen, Daisy.  All I have to do is find a way to destroy that pendant!  I remember a long time ago, one of Bowser's kids created a power pendant for him to wear.  It allowed him to copy any of our Super Mario Brothers Superpowers.  This one he has now is a lot more powerful.  But I think if we can strike a direct hit on it, we can destroy it!" 
         "But Luigi!"
         "Don't worry Daisy.  Nothing can possibly go wrong!"
         "The last time you said that, you almost destroyed your house!"
         "I was 16 and really into science!  Just trust me, Daisy, I know what I'm doing."
         "I hope you're right, Luigi.  I hope you're right!"  Daisy clutched his hand tightly.  Luigi felt a tingly feeling in his heart.  Finally, he was feeling an emotion other than sadness, reflection or anger.  He and Daisy walked out of the Mario Diner hand in hand, a smile upon both of their faces.  It was the first time Luigi had smiled in quite awhile. 

On the other side of the Mushroom World, the Castle of Bowser was shrouded in darkness, as usual.  A moat of hot lava circled around the bottom of a deep chasm, with only a steel bridge being means of transportation over it.  It was from this place that the evil Koopa King had come up with his numerous schemes over the years.  It was also the place where Mario Mario had met his horrific demise just days ago.  Inside the castle walls, Bowser paced up and down the halls, admiring the new army he had arranged. 
          "Now, with that second-rate brother in the hospital, I will unleash my army on the kingdom and finally accomplish what I have never been able to accomplish before!  The Mushroom Kingdom, as well as Princess Peach, shall be mine!  Bwa ha ha ha!"  He laughed, admiring his army once more.  "Get ready Mushroom Kingdom, for your time has come!  Bwa ha ha ha!" 

It was a dark and stormy night in the Mushroom Kingdom.  Luigi had been invited over to Yoshi's pad, along with Toad to watch the Final Four games.  But with the storm, Yoshi's satellite dish kept malfunctioning, so they were hardly able to tell what happened.  The parts that they did see, showed George Mason losing to Florida and UCLA pounding LSU.  Neither of the games were that close.  After the games, with the storm as bad as it was, Luigi decided to crash at Yoshi's. 
          Morning came in the Mushroom Kingdom yet again.  Luigi was the first one up, so he turned on the local news.  A story came up about Princess Peach having been captured last night.
          "This is your Mushroom Kingdom news leader with a breaking report.  Princess Peach Toadstool has been captured yet again by the evil Koopa King, Bowser!  Reports say that Bowser burst in through the balcony window and knocked out all of the mushroom retainers guarding her bedroom.  He then went over to her bedside, slung her over his shoulder, and proceeded to fly away in his Clown Copter.  Now we have breaking news from the center of Mushroom Square."   
          Luigi kept watching the tv, hardly believing what he was seeing.  Peach had been captured for the millionth time, he knew, but there was something different.  Now that he no longer had Mario to deal with, Bowser was finally accomplishing something.  He turned his attention back to the TV.  Bowser was on the screen, clutching the hand of a terrified Princess Peach. 
          "Citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom and the lot of you listening on the Mushroom Kingdom radio Network, I have come to finally accomplish something I could have done 20 years ago if not for that meddling Mario!  I have come to wed your beautiful Princess Peach in holy matrimony!"  He laughed.  Peach yelled something at him. 
          "Princess Peach just asked me, what if she said no?  Well, I'll tell you, baby!  If you say no, all of your friends in hiding, Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, and what's his name?  Oh yeah, Luigi, will all pay for your foolishness with their lives!  So you've got no choice, my dear!  Bwa ha ha ha ha!"  The evil villain chuckled.  Princess Peach was emotionally shaken inside.  Luigi could take it no longer. 
          "That snake has gone too far this time!"  Luigi yelled.  His voice woke up the others. 
          "What's wrong, Luigi?"  Yoshi asked. 
          "See for yourself!"  he replied, pointing at the televison screen. 
          "No!  he can't do this!"  Toad said.
          "Yes he can."  Luigi said.  "And I have the feeling it's only going to get worse from here!" 

Thus began the two months of terror.  Bowser's army soon reached the kingdom and made themselves at home, while Luigi and the others hid out at the newly established Mario Hotel, plotting their first move in this diabolical game of chess that meant life or death for the entire Kingdom.  With Mario out of the way, the entire Mushroom World had gotten a taste of what Bowser Koopa could really do uninterrupted.       

Whew, that was intense!  I couldn't resist putting the "Fungi High" and Mario Hotel refernces in there.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:34:31 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 10:52:29 AM »
Oh yeah, before I forget.

Preview of Chapter 6:

Bowser has it out with his new wife and smacks her across the face.  He even goes so far as to threaten to kill her.  Luigi, meanwhile, is still trying to figure out how to even get at Bowser to destroy that pendant.  He knows that to do that he has to risk life and limb to get through the heavily guarded forces at Peach's castle, which Bowser took over in our last chapter.  Will Luigi survive, or will Bowser succeed in elimnating the Mushroom Kingdom's last shroud of hope?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:31:21 PM by Jman »

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 12:18:25 AM »
Wow. This chapters deep and chapter 6 seems like it's going to be even deeper.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
Watch this month for chapter 6, whenever I can get it written.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:43:35 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 08:35:48 AM »
All right, we're going to do things in sections for this chapter, because I don't have nearly as much time as I used to.  Section 1 of chapter 6 begins now.

Chapter 6: Two months of terror part 2/The Army Ambushes.

Night had dawned on the Mushroom Kingdom after a day of darkness.  With Mario out of the way, Bowser had finally taken over the land by forcing Princess Peach Toadstool into a royal marriage, thus making himself the new King.  With his automatic rise to the throne, he decided to lay down some new doctrines and ground rules.  This began the tyrannical reign of King Bowser Koopa Toadstool.  Yes, along with the marriage, the evil Koopa King had gained the Toadstool name as well.

The only positive that you could draw from the situation was that by royal marriage, Peach Toadstool had become the new Queen of the kingdom.  However, her eyes held a look of sadness and dispair, as she longed for the late Mario Mario.  She also could not stand to see her people suffer.  A day came where peach's long suffering emotions got the better of her, and she approached her husband, King Bowser.
   "Listen you!"  She said.  "I don't want to see anymore of my people suffer!  No more deaths!  No more destruction!  It's my kingdom too, you know!" 
    Bowser sat up, surprised at the sudden outburst from the usually calm Peach.  But in just a few seconds, that all too familiar devious smile returned to his face. 
    "My dear wife, in case you have forgotten, I am King Bowser Koopa!  I stand for power and tyranny!  And if all of those little people out there can't clear the way, it's their loss!  I'll do whatever it takes to conquer this kingdom, and eventually, this planet!  Just like I nearly did years ago!"  He laughed.  Peach stood there, enraged at the Koopa who had forced her into marriage. 
   "That's it!  I can't take it anymore!  I cannot stand you, Bowser Koopa!  I'm going to do something I should have done a long time ago!  I'm going to destroy your power pendant!"  She said. 
    "You'll do no such thing!"  Bowser yelled as he grabbed her arm.
    "Let go of me!"  She said as she kicked him.  Bowser, feeling his short temper flare up, stuck Peach on the face, and she fell to the floor.  She looked up at Bowser, tears shimmering in her eyes. 
    "You've got two choices, Peach.  You can get out now and let me rule the way I want to rule, or I can have my guards throw you out!  The alternative is execution for attempted destruction of the Power Pendant, so I would suggest you take one of the first two."  Bowser said in a serious tone, obviously not wanting to hurt the poor girl, but not showing much sympathy toward her either. 
    "Fine, go ahead.  Have your guards throw me out!  Dignity is not the case, for I lost my sense of dignity the day you forced me into marriage."  She said, getting one last verbal shot at the King of the Koopas before his guards came into the room.
     "Gladly.  Guards, get Queen Peach out of here before I do something I really don't want to do."  Bowser said as they led the queen out of the room.  After they had gone, Bowser felt this feeling of guilt over striking Peach in the face. 
     "Is that what I've been reduced to?  A woman beating slimebag?  No, not me.  Not Bowser Koopa!  I may kidnap young girls, but I don't hurt them!  And that's the way it will be from now on!" 
     Meanwhile, Bowser's guards led Peach to the door.  They each took hold of her and threw her out into the cold rainy night. 
     "Don't let the door hit you on the way out, sweetheart!"  One of them said in an obviously sarcastic tone.  Peach was left sprawled out on the street, having been knocked out by the force of the rate of her body hitting the sidewalk, coupled with her natural exhaustion from having it out with Bowser.  In the darkness, a shadow neared the girl.

next section: Luigi receieves an unpleasant surprise...       
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:21:00 AM by Jman »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 09:29:48 AM »
Wow!  more!  Please write more as soon as you can.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »
This is an excellent story! Hope you update soon! :)

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
Cool! (but Bowser has always been a slimebag). I can't wait for more!!!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »
I think I'll be able to post section two of chapter 6 this saturday.  (Which is also my prom.)  Besides, as evil as Bowser's been in this story, I had to give him some moral fiber.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006, 08:59:53 AM »
Here's section 2!

As Peach had been tossed from her castle by Bowser's troops, Luigi also was in for a big surprise on this same night.  He sat in his main room watching TV, trying to think up a plan for invading the castle and destroying that Power Pendant that Bowser wore around his neck.  He received a knock on his door, so he went over to answer it. 
  "Who would be going around at this time of night?"  He said.  He opened the door, and just like that, Bowser's troops were on him. Luigi tried to fight, but they overpowered him in their numbers.  After a big beating, he was tossed out the front door of his own house.  Beaten and bloodied, he just stared at his house which was now overrun by Koopa troops.  These weren't your ordinary Koopa Troopas either, as they had all received shots of power from Bowser's pendant. 
  Luigi continued to stare at his house. 
  "I just had to ask..."  He said as he walked away.  He had no means of taking down that group that had just beaten him like a bad stepchild.  So he continued to walk until he saw an unconscious form in the street.  He advanced toward it, seeing that he was just outside Peach's castle.  He glanced down only to see Queen Peach Toadstool laying on the ground.  He tried to get her to wake up, but she was out.  So, he gently picked her up and began carrying her to Daisy's house, figuring that she could stay with her for the night.  He was almost to Daisy's house when he heard a scream. 
   "Oh no!  Daisy's in trouble!"  He said.  he set Peach down underneath a tree and ran toward Daisy's house.  He got there just in time to see more of Bowser's troops start to advance toward her. 
   "Hey you Bowser wanna-bes!  Stay away from her or I'll come up there and turn all of you into Koopa Loompas!"   Luigi said.  He cringed at the bad pun he had just made.  Daisy came outside the house and saw Luigi. 
    "Luigi!  What do we do now?"  She said. 
    "We kick some Koopa tail!"  He said.  They prepared for the first major battle between team Luigi and the Army of the Dark Kingdom.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:22:35 AM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2006, 10:08:54 AM »
Actually, I've just decided to call that a chapter.  I think I'll have the first major battle lead off chapter 7.

Edit: Which also gives me the right timing to post this.

Preview of CH.7:
Luigi and Daisy battle against the Koopa Army (I just realized that Koopa Empire was a copy of "The prophecy.") and are badly wounded.  Meanwhile, the Army carries Peach to their lair within the castle walls.  Toad and Yoshi formulate a plot to save her, while Luigi, badly busted as he is, makes a plan to invade the castle and tries to execute it.  But will he wind up being executed himself?  What will happen next?  Find out in Chapter 7 of Revenge of Luigi!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:15:23 AM by Jman »

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »
Short chapter, Jman. That was a bad pun.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
The first thing you'll learn about me is that I am the master of bad puns.

Chapter 7 should be ready in about a week's time.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2006, 08:37:33 PM »
Whoa, make that about a month's time.  I still haven't completed chapter 7.
I'll try to write it sometime this week.  You know how life takes over sometimes.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2006, 11:36:46 AM »

Here it is!  Long overdue, I know.

Chapter 7: Fight for your life, Luigi!

When we last left our heroes, they had all been affected by the Koopa Army in some way.  Queen Peach had a shouting match with Bowser, which ended with her getting tossed out the door, Luigi was ambushed after an anonymous doorbell ring at a long hour of the night, after which he found Peach, and was in the middle of transporting her from the castle street to Daisy's home, when he heard a cry for help.  He then made a bad pun, and that is where we stand.
                "Daisy!  get down here!"  Luigi said.  She hurried down the stairs outside of her house to Luigi's side. 
                "Luigi!"  She said as she threw her arms around him. 
                "Are you all right, Daisy?  They didn't try to hurt you, did they?"  He said.  She nodded her head, to Luigi's sudden disgust.  He rolled up his sleeves and prepared to storm the stairs.  Daisy looked on as the man that she secretly loved challenged the Koopas to a dogfight.  They obliged (spelling?  C'mon Sapph, help me out here!) and surrounded him on all sides. 
                "So you want to fight do you?"  The lead Koopa asked Luigi. 
                "You tried to hurt Daisy, so I'm going to bash all of your heads in!"  He said.
                "All right, try this on for size!"  One of the Koopas said.  He threw a viscious jab at Luigi, but he ducked out of the way.  He then jumped into the air, legs spinning as he turned sideways and began to literally kick the snot out of the Koopas.  Daisy cowered away in digust.
                "Eww, that is nasty."  She said.  Luigi continued the successful, yet disgusting attack.  Just then, however, one of the Koopas grabbed Luigi's legs, stopping his spin motion.  He then bashed Luigi around the porch area in a very Looney Tunes fashion.  After the assault, he threw Luigi off of the porch, where he landed right next to Daisy. 
                "Luigi!  Are you all right?"  She said to him.  Luigi looked up at her in a very convincing way that told her he was not. 
                "Where did you learn that move?"  She asked him.
                "My uncle taught me that one.  He also taught Mario and I some other great jabs and punches.  You see, he was a big fan of the Rocky films, and he wanted Mario and I to go to Philadelphia and become the next World Heavyweight Champions."  He said.  "That never happened, but at least now I owe my uncle for some great moves that could save both of our tails!" 
                "Those petty moves will not save you from the grand beating of your lives!  Koopa Army attack!"  The lead Koopa shouted.  The influence of Bowser's power pendant then became evident as Koopa Troops began shooting fireballs at our heroes.
                "Koopas shooting fireballs!  Now I've seen everything!"  Luigi said.  He managed to avoid the fire along with Daisy.  But he soon was shot right in the backside and crumpled to the ground.  Daisy continued to run, unaware that Luigi had been shot down.  She managed to avoid the fire for a little bit longer until she saw Luigi rise up from where he had fallen.  He looked angered and in great pain as well.
                "What happened?"  She asked him.  He scowled in reply. 
                "Dang Koopas!  Now I won't be able to sit for a month!"  He said. 
                The battle raged on as Luigi and Daisy avoided the attacks of the Koopas.  Luigi felt around in his pocket and managed to find the jackpot, a cape feather.  All of a sudden, Daisy was whacked from behind by one of the Koopas.  She fell to the ground, unconscious.  The Koopas turned to Luigi and began to surround him.  They began to taunt him, saying that they were going to kill him and then finish off Daisy.  Luigi responded with a wicked grin.
                "I wouldn't have it any other way, guys.  But...it's not going to happen!"  He absorbed the energy of the cape feather and became Cape Luigi.  Cape Luigi flew around the Koopas and began taking them out one by one.  Eventually, it was down to him and the lead Koopa.  They had a good tussle that included a lot of hits and some misses as well.  Luigi finally channeled his energy into one big, final attack to wipe out the last of this branch of the Koopa Army. 
                "Goodnight Irene."  Luigi said to the lead koopa. 
                "Hey, Irene is my father, I mean, my mother's name!"  he said.  It didn't matter.  Luigi executed the final attack on the Koopa, and he disappeared along with the others.  But even in defeat, he smiled.  He disappeared, saying "We got the last laugh!" 
                Luigi wondered what he could have possibly meant by that last line.
                He found out soon enough.  Daisy woke up not long after the battle was over. 
                "Daisy!"  Luigi said. 
                "Luigi!"  She said as they embraced again.  They had survived the first encounter with Bowser's Koopa Army, on a dark and stormy night. 
                "Let's get out of here!  I'll grab Peach and..."  Luigi looked over and saw that Peach was no longer under the tree where he had set her.  He knew immediately what had happened. 
                "Those Koopas must have taken her!  I must have only fought half of their group!  This is not good!  Daisy, let's go find a place to...oh!"  He exclaimed as he passed out in mid-sentence.  Daisy looked at his side, horrified to see that his old wound from his fight with Bowser on the day of Mario's funeral had reopened and was worse than ever.  Also injured was Luigi's right leg, a victim of the Koopa battle. 
                Daisy looked at the dark skies, as the rain began to let up.  She wondered how they were ever going to survive their next great battle.  The first item of business, however, was to get Luigi to a safe place.  She took Luigi's shoulder, and helped him to his feet.  She began to drag him, being extremely careful of his open wound.  At long last, she pulled him into the darkness of an old, abandoned cave.  There, she decided, they would rest until the morning.  She fell asleep right next to him, her valiant hero. 

Back at Peach's Castle, Bowser was not a happy Koopa.  He had just received word of the Koopa Army's thwarted attempt to kill Luigi and Daisy. 
                "It just goes to show you, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!"  He said.  As he left the throne room, he ran into one of his kids, Ludwig Von Koopa.
                "Dad, where are you going?"  The young Koopa Kid asked.
                "I'm taking my best minions for a few rounds with Luigi!  And if Daisy gets in my way, it's her loss!"  He laughed.  Ludwig laughed along with him. 
                "Wish me luck, son!"  Bowser said as he walked out the door.  Ludwig was left standing alone in the throne room as Bowser set out on the one mission that would complete his takeover of the Kingdom, as well as the Mushroom World, the destruction of Luigi Mario! 

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2006, 01:10:24 PM »
Poor Luigi :(. He's in so much pain and they just kidnapped Peach again!

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
I just spent 25 minutes reading the whole story...very nice. I wonder how many more hits Luigi can take though?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
I just realized this...I seem to be putting too much stuff in my "next chapter" previews that never happen in that actual chapter.  Like, I doubt that I'll get to Luigi's attempt to infiltrate the castle until chapter 9.  Anyway, I started chapter 8 last night, but I won't have it up for awhile.  I will be gone all next week, as I will make known in the I'm sailing...I mean, "I'm Going Away" topic.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2006, 09:48:55 AM »
Long overdue, I know.

Chapter 8: Luigi's dream

It was late at night as Luigi slept in a cave with Daisy leaned up against him.  For them, it was finally a peaceful night of which they had not had too many since King Bowser's reign of tyranny began.  For Luigi, it was finally a chance to rest his aching bones, as well as his other cuts and bruises.  Little did they know, however, that King Bowser and his minions were actively searching for them.  But for now, they were safe.  Luigi was deep into a dream, a dream that took him back to his earlier years in Brooklyn, New York. 

He looked around, tall buildings surrounding him at every corner. 

"Yes, I'm definitely back in Brooklyn.  But why?  Why now?"  He asked himself.  He journeyed around another street corner and found a familiar scene, he and Mario being trained by their uncle, Rocky Romano, in all the tricks of the trade of boxing.  He watched his younger self spar with Mario, who he was seeing alive for the first time in two months.  He suddenly remembered how much he missed his brother. 

"Now I remember!"  He said.  "I had just met Daisy.  On the same night that Mario introduced me, she was attacked by a piece of scum whose name I never got.  She was okay, but I swore never to let that happen again." 

Luigi remembered when he went to the Mushroom Kingdom for the first time.  He had to learn a new way to kill enemies.  That was to either jump on them, or fry them with fireballs.  He left most of his boxing moves behind in Brooklyn, until last night.  Luigi flashed back to the events that took place just a few hours prior to this point.  He rediscovered his old moves that night, the moves that he thought he had left behind forever.  He knew that without Mario, the whole kingdom was relying on him to construct a plan to end Bowsers reign of terror.  He knew that he had to reacquire the fire of his youth to work himself up to fight Bowser. 

All of these things he knew he had to do, in order to keep Daisy safe.  Besides saving the kingdom, protecting Daisy was his top priority.  After all, she was the reason that he took up boxing in the first place.  He wanted to be able to protect her at all costs; usually meaning that any guy who tried to stalk her wound up taking a mouthful of Luigi's mean right hook.  Suddenly, he encountered a bright flash of light, and was transformed to an area that was all white.  A familiar figure appeared before him.  Luigi recognized the outline of a mustache immediately; it was Mario.

"Luigi..."  He said.  Luigi stood there in awe, staring at his late brother's ghostly form. 

"Mario..." He said back.

"Luigi, as you may already know, the only possible way to defeat Bowser now is to destroy his power pendant."  Mario said.  Luigi nodded.

"Yeah, I figured that was the only way."  He said.  Mario's face grew solemn.

"I have been watching over you and our friends.  I fear that they may be in grave danger.  Daisy especially.  Protect her at all costs, for she is the one that Bowser will be after mostly."  He said.  "The reason you had this dream was to rediscover your past as an aspiring boxer.  You must utilize your old talents and train to take on Bowser's empire.

"Somewhere down the line, some people developed the impression that you were a worthless coward.  Well Luigi, you're not a worthless coward!  You're a fighter!  You're a hero!  So get out there and fight!  Save the Kingdom from this tyranny!  I'll be watching!"  Mario finished.  Luigi had a look of determination on his face. 

"I will!  But..."  He said as his face grew solemn.  "I'm gonna miss you, bro."  He said as he embraced Mario. 

"Don't worry, Luigi.  We'll see each other again someday.  But don't count on it being too soon!  Remember, you're #1 now!"  Mario said, adding "Make me proud!"  as he disappeared.  Luigi stood there thinking "I will.  Not for myself, but for the kingdom!"

"Luigi!  Wake up!"  Daisy shook Luigi awake.  Luigi awoke to find himself staring at Bowser and his army of elite troops. 
"Ah, Good morning, sunshine.  Get ready Luigi.  Get ready to face your doom!  At long last I will finally..."

"Finally?  You've been going after me for two days!"  Luigi interrupted Bowser.

"Now I will kill off the last living member of the Mario family!"  Bowser said.

"Not if my right hook says anything about it!"  Luigi said.  Bowser went to punch Luigi, but he blocked the Koopa King's fist with his own.  Luigi grabbed a rock and lunged for Bowser's pendant, but the army converged on him in that instant. 

When the smoke cleared, Luigi was tied up at the hands of the army, despite laying out several of the troops.  Bowser laughed.

"Now, for your attempted destruction of the power pendant, I shall sentence you, Luigi Mario, to death by execution!"  He said.

"Death?  That's a little harsh, don't you think?  All I did was try and destroy your power pendant!"  Luigi said.  He was jerked back by one of the troops, choking him.

"Joke all you want, Luigi.  The bottom line is, by tomorrow afternoon, your head will be on my trophy wall, and the Mario Brothers legacy will finally be over!  Move out troops!"  Bowser said. 

"What about the girl?"  One of the troops asked him.  Bowser simply laughed. 
"Leave her.  She can't help herself, let alone Luigi!"  He said.  Luigi wanted to sock Bowser for saying that.  He looked back at Daisy as the army dragged him out of the cave, a scared look was on her tear stained face. 

"Don't worry Daisy, we'll see each other again."  He said. 

"I love you.."  She said, nearly in a whisper.  He continued to look back.

"I love you too, Daisy.  And I promise I'll be okay."  He said.  Daisy burst into tears as he got further and further away, a look of determination still on his face.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:09:07 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »
Preview for Chapter 9:  Having overheard the plans for Luigi's execution, Yoshi and Toad break into the dungeon to try and break him out.  Will they succeed, or will Luigi Mario's life be horribly ended?  And what of Daisy?  Find out in the next chapter of Revenge of Luigi!

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2006, 07:30:08 AM »
So sad. Well, I hope Luigi prevails against Bowser with his boxing skills! I think that Daisy will, somehow, help out!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »
I've had dreams in which my mom was still alive.

In my Mario tragedy, which I have planned out, but not written, I have it so that neither bother outlives the other.  They eliminate all nine members of the Bowser Koopa bloodline (Bowser and his eight children).  If you want more details, I'll have to get to writing the story.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jman

• Score
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:27 PM »
All right, now that I'm out of school, and I've remembered the basic plot of the story, I can begin work on chapter 9.  Hopefully, the next update won't take as long as this one did.

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »
This story makes me mourn (crying)!
It's super good, even make a comic of this ...
That Luigi expires at Bowser! That Luigi expires at Bowser! ...

Daisy and Luigi will a kiss at the end? ^o^ (Thumb up)!

By Chivi-chivik M @ ngaka!;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 01:54:29 PM by Deezer »
Toadstools Generations!!!!

By Chivi-chivik M@ngaka! ^0^

Jman

• Score
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »
Usually I frown upon topics being bumped after nearly a year, but since this is one of my own, and I've actually had plans for it, it's all right.

Print