Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 791479 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #975 on: March 06, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
When exactly did this happen? (Meaning which years did it take place in?)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #976 on: March 06, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »
Wow, running a forum board sure stinks!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #977 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »
Let me guess... those Topics got deleted?

« Reply #978 on: March 06, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »
I haven't been skiing in a long time, where did you go?

Monarch Mt.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #979 on: March 06, 2007, 04:57:59 PM »
Thankfully for me, my first exposure to the forum was AFTER those times (also fortunately, it was also when moderation was taking a larger role) . I used to joke about the name of the Code Wars, however, asking things like "You fought in the Code Wars?" as a reference to Episode IV.

« Reply #980 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »
Ah, Monarch. One of my favorites, after Ski Cooper and Wolf Creek. Just thought I'd ask, Colorado never gets any love

« Reply #981 on: March 07, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
Thankfully for me...
Nah, it was fun times. People like Watoad and Insane Steve and Black Mage were very active. And the secret areas were super-fun.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #982 on: March 07, 2007, 03:38:30 AM »
I think it's interesting/cool that nearly all the SotFSK members are now mods. And vice versa. The "Anti-SotFSK" people, as well. Ironic?
Too bad I only caught the leftovers of the Code Wars. I even miss those leftovers, but I suppose that was around the time of the middle Golden Age.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #983 on: March 07, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »
I remember digging through the Mario Bar and finding what I beleive to be some posts from that era. It seemed pretty zany. Too bad I didn't find out about TMK until early 2005, and didn't join until mid-2006.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #984 on: March 07, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »
Nah, it was fun times. People like Watoad and Insane Steve and Black Mage were very active. And the secret areas were super-fun.

Blast! I should have used my powerful skills of investigating to look beyond the surface, then. That probably could have been an enjoyable experience. Way back then, I was just as clever and witty as I am now (perhaps more so), but I was easily put off by things I find objectionable. As in, channeling an intense distaste that can only be explained by an immature ability to tolerate differences in what people find morally correct.

So, maybe coming back when I had been fully shocked into the realization that other people cannot be judged as evil by a handful of actions was a good idea. That occurred in 7th grade, when people were really throwing stones at me for trying to be the "perfect student." (which, incidentally, is the eventual reason a socially defunct Suffix emerged in 2004)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:35:58 PM by Suffix »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #985 on: March 07, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »
I remember having been around during the time when people had made many of their own "secret" boards. I wish I had registered...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #986 on: March 08, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »
Man... All this talk about Wars and Golden Ages makes this site look really, really old.

I think I joined this forum about two years ago. I made a few posts the first year, then quit, then joined back the next year. Now I feel like I missed a whole bunch of stuff... =/

Jman

• Score
« Reply #987 on: March 11, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »
Society of the forum secret keepers...I remember that.  Next Sunday ( I believe) will make it four years since I joined the forum, and I remember the tail end of the Code wars, like Sapphira.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #988 on: March 23, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
Hello everybody, I'm PaperWario, and I am the younger brother of PaperLuigi. It is very nice to be on this site.

« Reply #989 on: March 23, 2007, 12:44:29 AM »
Wow...welcome PaperWario! Hope you have a wondrous time here with us!!! :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print