Print

Author Topic: Top Ten Reason Why The DS Beats the Pants off PSP  (Read 9142 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 07:12:30 PM »
I saw an ad... about blockbuster's game shop.

PSP Features: Headphones! Light screen! (some other feature I forgot about, but the DS had it too.)

DS features: Touch screen! Fold design! Backward compatible! (the PSP has NONE of these.)
Of course, it's unfair that the DS is backward compatible and the PSP has no predecessors, but the PSP is probably big enough to stuff a PS1/PS2 game inside!

Oh, another thing: You not only have to worry about damaging the discs in the time before you buy a carrying case, but you also have to spend even MORE money on a memory stick! so for every few games you get, which are already too expensive (I mean, so are GBA, DS games), you have to get a stick to play it with!

Got Bird? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 07:50:29 PM »
"DS=Dominant system

PSP=Piece-a Stupid Poo"

Comedic gold. If I were you, I'd refrain from posting anymore; go out on top.

As far as memory sticks are concerned, you only really need to buy one of the larger ones and you're set.

As for backwards compatibility, I've read an argument from the PSP side the other day concerning this. As I'm sure most of you know already, there's been emulators released for the PSP. Now you're able to play all of your NES and SNES (Maybe even GBA?) games on the PSP. So, if you want to get technical with your argument, the PSP beats the DS in terms of backwards compatibility. Then again, you have the legal issue, as well, but so long as we're talking strictly in technicality, the DS loses out there.

Don't get me wrong, I own a DS and not a PSP, and if you're struggling to win an argument about that, you simply need to bring up sales figures, where the DS is currently, and for a few months has been, pummeling the PSP. I suppose we have Nintendogs and that Shonen Jump! game to thank.

Both machines are impressive and a good buy. I don't understand the incessant need for fans of either system to argue over which is better. Buy what fits your tastes, and spare the rest from your indignation.

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »
Heh, then I'll inform Nintendo about illegal stealing. I have 2 PPSs and destroyed them and laughed out loud.

DS=Mario=the best
PPS=no Mario=stupid

So my opinion. PPS is Piece-a [dukar] portable.
Also, on school, some idiots saying PSP is better is a fact. then I said Mario, then I yelled at them. and when we take their HR class, I take their books out of their desk and rip them up so they fail. That's how much I love Nintendo.

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 09:38:59 PM by Sapphira »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »
 Wow, you missed the entire point of my, and many other posts in this thread. Nice job.

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »
Coulden't have said it better atom!
As for the person who made this topic there where very good reasons also some you forgot
the games for the psp are stupid,boring,crappy the psp doesen't stand a chanch, as it doesen't have Mario! So the system kind of goes down the drain right there, plus it's getto i hate getto,and why did someone say the games for the ds sucked?

Marioaholic
Marioaholic

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »
"Chanch." That just made me laugh.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »
I didn't post my opinion in here yet, but I might as well.

I dislike the PSP mostly because it's Playstation. Sony has been taking popularity from Nintendo like crazy lately, and it kind of makes me resentful.

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »
My brother, a Decline of Video Gaming fanatic, pointed out that when the Capcom leader was playing with a DS that had a PSP taped to the back of it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 05:11:41 AM »
While the DS could be superior in terms of game-quality opinion, the PSP beats the DS hands-down in technical terms. Let's have a look, shall we?

AVAILABLE COLORS ON-SCREEN:
PSP: 16,800,000
DS: 260,000

MEMORY:
PSP: 32MB internal, 4MB DRAM, plus Mem. Stick.
DS: 4MB

GAME MEDIA
PSP: UMD, 1.8 GB capacity
DS: Cartridge, 1 gigabit capacity

WIRELESS
PSP: IEEE802.11b WiFi, up to 11MBPS, 16 players
DS: IEEE802.11 WiFi, 2MBPS, 16 players

OPTIONAL MEDIA
PSP: JPEG, MP3 and MPEG4 playback
DS: N/A

FEATURES:
PSP: USB 2.0 port, analog feature, special media playback, eventual connectivity with PS3, giant widescreen
DS: Touch screen, plays GBA, microphone

As you can see, the PSP is far superior to the DS from a purely technical standpoint.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)

Edited by - Glorb on 8/19/2005 4:22:48 AM
every

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2005, 08:03:53 AM »
Hey guys, I'm back.

You know what? I just realized something. It's so stupid to judge a console by how big it's screen is or how cool it is. The only thing that matters is the games it plays. If a company comes out with a super futuristic mega-console, and then has no good games to show and no developer support, they're going nowhere. Right now between the DS and the PSP, neither has come out with a really strong game. For the PSP, everyone can't wait to get their hands on GTA: Liberty City Stories. For the DS, everyone can't wait to get their hands on Mario Kart DS (or is it Metroid Prime Hunters, or Animal Crossing DS?). Anyway, the battle between the two really hasn't gone underway yet. We'll see this holiday season how things will be shaping up.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005, 10:36:39 AM »
Based on my current observations, the PSP is indeed pantsless.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005, 09:24:55 AM »
I don't care about which system is better, mostly because I own both a DS and a PSP. I got the DS the day it came out, and the PSP the day after U.S. launch. I own most of the current DS games (unfortunately, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Ping Pals, too) and a whole bunch of PSP games, plus a lot of the UMD movies. So who cares which is better? Actually, like I said, the PSP is way more advanced, but I digress. Plus, I own an Xbox, PS1, and PS2 in addition a Game Boy and GameCube.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2005, 11:34:41 AM »
I don't think the PSP is more advanced than it is "multi-talented."

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2005, 03:47:43 PM »
So, Super Smash Bros. for the DS really IS coming out?

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »
...I think that was a mistake. It's still uncertain whether there is going to be a SSB for DS or not.

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print