Print

Author Topic: Ultimate Birthday Compilation  (Read 312943 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2006, 11:38:25 PM »
Happy birthday, The Blue Toad. Crappy birthday, Game Over.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
Thanks.  ^_^
And a good birthday it was.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2006, 02:04:14 AM »
Happy Birthday, Yoshisaurus Rex!

Although I still don't know how old you are. I'll guesstimate between 19 and 24. :P

Happy late birthday to TBT and anyone else I've missed! XD >_<

Now this is freaky and cool. Not only did Watoad (un)return to wish MB a happy birthday, but his post was immediately following my happy birthday wish to MB, which happened exactly one year earlier. MB was also the first person in this thread to be wished a happy birthday, making it even cooler.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
Thanks, Sapphira!  Sorry I don't come to this thread very often but today I thought "If someone wishes me a happy birthday and I don't say anything, what will they think of me?  Just WHAT will they think of me?! @_@" So... happy birthday to everyone, past, present, future, forever and amen! (and especially The Blue Toad and Megabyte!)  Sorry I can't tell you guys my age.  I will let you know I'm between 1 and 100.

Now this is freaky and cool. Not only did Watoad (un)return to wish MB a happy birthday, but his post was immediately following my happy birthday wish to MB, which happened exactly one year earlier. MB was also the first person in this thread to be wished a happy birthday, making it even cooler.

Yeah it is.  Oh man!  And that's also the first time that I mentioned my birthday!!  Eets just too freakay!

Watoad left?!  Rats.  Good luck to him wherever he is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:50:13 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
Happy (belated) birthday, Yoshisaurus Rex! If it's not belated, then blame time zones for my error. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2006, 05:37:47 PM »
Thanks Sapphira, and thanks Yoshisaurus Rex!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »
(E I): o{D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:45:14 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »
I'm jealous :(

Was the cake nice? What type was it? Sorry 'bout my cake obsession, I really feel like cake right now. :(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »
Nice. Although I don't get why you'd block out your age but not your name. Both first names and ages aren't anything to worry about letting people know, but I'd think name would be more personal to give out than age.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2006, 08:31:08 PM »
Ultima Shadow: Yeah, it was pretty good.  It was an ice cream cake (which I haven't had for eons).  The best part is that my mom got the idea for the cake because she knows how much I like Mario.  She asked the cake designer at DQ to copy the picture of Mario on a Nintendo Power magazine which I also got for my birthday (NP May 2006).  I also have a picture of me holding the magazine in one hand and raising my other fist like Mario!

Sapphira: Yeah, I know.  I wish I could tell you guys some things but I will obey my parents, even if I am old enough to make those decisions. (Homework assignment for tonight is to learn about internet predators by watching Dateline!)  I can give out my first name but Dad says not my last.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 08:32:45 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »
Happy Belated birthday YSR.

Well, its my brothers birthday, but he's not a Fungi Forum member. Oh well.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2006, 02:49:45 AM »
YSR: If your parents strictly forbade you at this age, no offense, but that's pretty sad. If they said they'd really prefer you didn't because x, y, and z, well that's a different story.

Once someone reaches age 18 and is done with high school, I don't think parents have the right to tell him or her what to do and not do anymore. I think it's good for them to give advice and insight and opinions to things, to state what they prefer and why, but ultimately they need to "let their kid go". If he/she makes a choice--bad or good or neutral--, let him or her reap their own results/consequences for it--whether good or bad. That's how it is in the "real world" or something.

It's different, though, if there's something one's parents are still providing for him or her---whether it be college tuition, room and board, transportation, an unexpected crisis, or whatever. In that case, one is still liable to them--but only in those areas related to or affecting those things. I think the rest of your life, what choices you make, etc. (that don't affect said things)--whether big or small--is up to you.

Regardless of anything, however, there needs to be mutual respect.
Ending the "general speaking" and directing it back to you, YSR, it's good that you're respecting your parents and their wishes. However (and I'm not saying they're not), they do need to respect you and yours, too. (Enter tangent again:) One-way respect (or none at all) is a problem in any relationship of any kind.

ANYWAY, on another note...

Happy birthday, Khold!

Even though you haven't been around much, I've still seen that you've been at least lurking from time to time here, so maybe you'll see this. ;P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:52:50 AM by Sapphira »

« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »
Happy Birthday Khold! If you want I'll let you beat me in MKDS as a present :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 02:01:38 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
Happy early birthdays to Serafina Pekkela (man, that's hard to type!) and the ever so GiftedGirl! (Let's see all the great Homestar Runner gifts you get XD)

Sapphira: I really agree with you, and I appreciate your consideration of my freedom.  I do wish I could say whatever I want about myself to anyone, but I just don't think that's smart.  This site definitely feels very safe but I doubt that any place on the internet is completely safe.  No offense to anyone, but there's no way to know how everyone really acts and if they actually do bad things.  I don't want to give hints that could lead dangerous people to me or my family, and I would really regret.  If it was just me getting hurt or embarrassed I could live with that, but if someone else got hurt or I died, then that's another story.  Yes, I probably sound Super Paranoid Bros. but I'm going to follow their wishes anyway just in case.  Mostly because I care about them too much and I want to obey what the Bible says about obeying your parents.

As I typed this post I couldn't help but think of that scene in "The Jerk" where that one guy kept chasing Steve Martin around and trying to shoot him XD.

« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »
But I'm quite sure something as miniscule as your age won't help lead anyone to where you live, or your last name.

I joked about this a bit to myself (no offense), playing around with what it would be like if age WERE to be the equivalent of someone's last name and address.

"Michael 17 is 17 years old, and lives on 17 17 Drive, 17, in the state of 17." You see how silly that sounds? :P

But, if you seriously believe that something as your age should be kept secret from the internet...By all means, keep it secret.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print