Print

Author Topic: LOZ: A Link to the past help  (Read 6491 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »
I'm currently trying to find the second pendant.  I've searched every freakin square inch of the palace, but I can't find it!  What now?

KISS?  What does that stand for, Koopas in short shorts?  *Shudders*
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 01:20:39 PM »
It's in the desert, which is in the lower left hand of the map.

You'll need to Book of Mudora, which can be obtained by heading to the Library in Kakiriko Village (A map or two south of it or around there), and using the Pegasues boots to run into the bookshelf with the book on top.

You'll need it to enter the second dungeon.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:05:28 PM »
Yeah, I've searched every inch of the second dungeon and I couldn't find it!  Where's that freakin' pendant?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 10:09:43 PM »
Oh, I completely misread that. My mistake.

I don't remember the floor plan of the Desert Palace, but I do know at some point you have to go outside from a different exit and lift a rock with the Power Bracelet to get to the second part.

Try http://www.gamefaqs.com

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 12:11:15 AM »
Once you have the bracelet, go all of the way to the left, and down. Then, left, and you should be at an exit. It leads to an area above the level (there is a heart piece nearby). Go right and you will find a door blocked by rocks. Lift them, continue on towards the boss. Beat them, and you should get the pendant.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 06:38:52 AM »
Also, use the ice rod against the boss; it takes two hits to kill one with that.  Just in case you're wondering where that is, it's in the swamp just south of the first palace.  To get there: Go through the swamp south of Link's house, and head southeast to find a sandy path at the bottom.  Take that path east, past octoroks, crabs, and zoras.  At the end of the path, you should end up at a cliff wall with one door and a crack in the wall next to it.  Bomb open the crack, walk along this passage, and open the chest containing the ice rod.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:36:54 PM »
Yeah... I remember discovering that when I was trying to go through the whole game without ever swinging my sword (which isn't possible, by the way).
I love the ice rod... it's just such a perfect example of giving the player toys as opposed to keys...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:52:18 PM »
well how do you defeat ganon?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 01:27:28 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the tips.  I found out how to do it from a friend of mine.  Now I'm stuck trying to get to the top of the mountain.  I'm almost to the top, but I can't get up that last little bit of mountain.  There's no ladder or anything.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 01:15:13 PM »
Did you use the magic mirror above the cat and bubble thing?

First Post

5 days at nintendo and I still have to pay $5 for the coffee!?
5 days at nintendo and I still have to pay $5 for the coffee!?

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 04:11:15 PM »
> Yeah... I remember discovering that when I was trying to go through the whole game without ever swinging my sword (which isn't possible, by the way).

Haha, that sounds like something I might do.  So why did you end up having to use the sword?

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
probably to fight the first boss or something. Probably Ganon is the utmost hinderence to his plot. You need to hit him with the golden sword. No other weapon works

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 06:56:39 PM »
It's the third boss that was the trouble.  Y'know, that weird worm thing in the tower.  Nothing but the sword can touch it.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 10:54:49 PM »
Using a control pad that lets you hit up and down at the same time will let you glitch the game, much like the Select glitch in Link's Awakening.  You can skip most of the game in this way, beating it without swinging your sword.  But that's kinda cheating.

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2005, 08:16:56 AM »
Interesting!  I never knew that.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print