Print

Author Topic: Annoying Topic Trends  (Read 6404 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: August 25, 2005, 06:41:10 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I like forums and I like posting on them, but there are some things that really tick me off about most gaming forums:

1. Lack of originality in names. The first name that anyone ever gets in a firum is always "Dark-Something". It's either DarkMaster, DarkSonic, DarkMario, DarkYoshi, DarkMegaman, or something like that. After the wave of "Dark-Something" names comes videogame/anime character crossover names like "SonicMario", "MarioMegaman", "SailorMoonKnuckles" or "DarkInuyashaSonicMarioBowserMegaman". There are always some original names, but those account for about 3% of the names population. And don't even get me started on thread-naming. Much of the time it's pushy, oppinionated crap like "why do you hate the PSP" or "why do you hate Pokemon" that essentially demands that you be opinionated and stupid like the author of the thread.

2. l33t-talk. I abhor speaking in l33t. Only stupid nerds and those with special training know what "h3110 3\/3ry1 h0w 4r j00 d0ng?!?1 im 4 h4x0r but g0t pwn3d 1n c0unt3rstr1k3 4nd ju s00d ph33r m3 lol!!!!!!!11" means.

3. Excessive fanboyishness. I hate how almost every topic on favorite videogame systems results in a 4-way flame war between the Nintendo nerds, the Sega nerds, the Microsoft nerds and the Sony nerds. I just hate it.

There are many others, but they are too numerous.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »
Yep, you're right.

(What I'm REALLY trying to say is get used to it, forums are forums. Be glad that we still don't have to beat out words on our giant drums to far-off friends.)

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:43:08 AM »
Personally, I think that--

People with names that do not contain character names (or are simply unoriginal) are generally admirable and wise.

--our forum is overall balanced.

"The Suffix: Last but not Least."

Edited by - Suffix on 8/25/2005 8:44:06 AM

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 11:18:56 AM »
Funny how Glorb complains about originality when his signature makes him look like a hypocrite.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 11:57:27 AM »
Hey, game quote sigs are okay, but is my name "DarkSonic"? No. Did I spell that like "h3y g4m3 kw0t3 s1gz r 0k bvt 1z my n4m3 'd4rkz0n1k'????" No. At least I didn't copy someone else's sig.

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:41:59 PM »
Wait... so you're saying you like what you are, but not what's not you...  What's this topic about again?  Are we supposed to share what we hate about Forums, or read this topic as if it was a post in some other place like Mario Bar?

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 04:17:20 PM »
I think it is quite obvious. You post your opinion here. Nowhere else. And I am criticizing all forums in general, any forum at all, including this one, but not only this one and not specifically this one. So while the TMK forums has its air share of generic-named, opinionated l33t-speakers, I am not maliciously seeking out the TMK forums. If you do not understand this, I would be amazed.

every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 04:36:57 PM »
Don't understand your last post, or the whole topic before your last post?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 06:42:11 PM »
I'm with Markio on this one.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but does not no more,
what he though was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 08:20:26 PM »
1. You know DarkInuyashaSonicMarioBowserMegaman, too?

3. There are Sega nerds still?

AGREE on Aarom11's hate topics.

"Soon this land will be as devoid of beauty as your face." ~Koal, Advance Wars Dual Strike

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 09:53:13 AM »
I've at least got an origional name. And I'm on the front page!

It''s like I''ve died and gone to heaven but they found out it wasn''t my time so they sent me back to a brewery~Peter Griffin
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 11:26:47 AM »
I'm such a sucker for threads about complaining!  I agree with ya, Glorb, about the names and stuff.  When I thought of what name I wanted for this forum I put a little thought into it first and tried to make it more original, even though it's probably not that much and maybe a little corny XD.  Thankfully people can always change names later if the get a better name.

I also get sick of forums with thousands of moving pictures that jam up my computer (maybe I won't mind someday if I get a faster connection).  I'm glad this forum doesn't allow that, plus swearing and other annoying junk that's everywhere else.

So does anyone go to a lot of other forums beside this one?  I think I saw Deezer at the forum in Nintendorks once.  And btw, how does Glorb's sig make him look hippocritical?

Hmmm, I think that I'm going to change my name to DarkBoshidragonofthemushroomlagoon.  Yes, it's a prefect name!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/27/2005 10:30:32 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 12:10:53 PM »
I'm a Sega nerd.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »
I will never forget how at the begining of Sonic the hedgehog, there wouldbe that "SeeeGaaa!" sound me and my brothers would always imitate.  That was a long time ago though.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 01:33:47 PM »
He's complaining about the lack of originality on message boards and his signature is the complete opposite of originality. It's not original, it's not funny and it makes him look like he's contradicting himself.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print