Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70243 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2001, 05:00:26 AM »
I'm an out and out atheist. Not "none", but atheist, a system of nonreligious beliefs.

And if you don't like it, tough buns ^_^

Yeah, I know someone who considers himself a Nazi, but he knows bugger all about it. What a moron.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2001, 11:50:58 PM »
Atheist? Welcome to the club!
'If you are an atheist and you know it, snap your fingers'. (????? Don't ask me why).
And, I also know a guy who believes himself a nazi. He likes to spend the night shooting jews and black people with big ammo. Nice guy.
;) I don't have nothing aginst the jews or the black people. Just kidding. (I mean, I was kidding when I said I had a Nazi friend, not when I said that I have nothing against jews and black people... Ness-Shady please don't kill me... ;D ).

So, what's the difference between democrats and republicans?
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

Andrevan

• Plumber's Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2001, 01:47:27 PM »
I am Jewish by lineage, dictionary definition athiest (One who denies the existance of a deity or deities) by belief. I go to synagogue and stuff, but I don't believe anything about gods - they're just security blankets, in my opinion.

--Andrevan
~The Nintendo King~
Andrevan@aol.com

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2001, 05:47:33 AM »
Amen to that!O I just had to say that because of religion and all...

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2001, 08:34:31 PM »
no need to fret when im around toad Youll find out im no Nazi if you just read my replys

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2001, 01:51:25 PM »
Okay, I'm not the one to start a flame war, but you're luck I AM a christan, otherwise I would get even more ****ed about God being a "security blancket" But...that is your opinion, and I SHOULD respect that.

>:/
I like cheese!

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2001, 06:22:29 PM »
This might get long.

I am a Christian.  I believe in a God.  I believe that that God created everything in 6 days, and I believe that he created man in His image. I believe that that God loves us. I believe that man was created to live with God forever in a perfect world.  I believe that mankind turned away from that God, and that, as a just God, he requires remission of that rebellion.  I believe he came to earth in the form of a man to die on a cross as a sacrifice to forgive that rebellion. I believe that He died so that we might be forgiven and once again live with Him eternally in a perfect world.  I believe that the one and only way to live with God is to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, to call on Him to save us, to submit to His will for our lives, and to live each day as he commands us to.

I believe that the Bible is the spoken word of that God.  I believe that it is completely, literally, and consistently true, and I believe that it is the best model to which I can lead my life.  I believe that it has the power to rebuke, to teach, to counsel, and to inspire.

That is what I believe.
------------------------------------------

Ok, I know that most of you people think I am crazy or foolish or weak-minded.  That is alright with me, you can think what you want.  I believe these things and I believe in this God because of many spiritual experiences with Him and because of several years of study.

On the other hand, I can understand why some people chose atheism or agnosticism.  Believing that there is a God who controls the universe and to whom every person is accountable requires a large step of faith.  If you disagree with me, I cannot change your mind.  However, you cannot change mine either.  I do not and will not compromise my faith.

If you have read this far, thanks.  I appreciate your ear.  
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2001, 06:47:59 PM »
You belive and I belive and that's that.

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Does your face hurt?
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2001, 05:48:50 PM »
I like what Hinopio said and I'm agree with you all. It's really a good thing that we can understand each other, even if we are in disagree on something.
I don't want a star.
My face doesn't hurt.
What's the difference between Rapublicans and Democrats?
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2001, 06:54:37 PM »
Are you sure your face dosen't hurt?

And even if you did want to buy a star, dont go to him, I can get you really cheap ones.

Does your face hurt?
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2001, 08:57:25 PM »
If your face doesn't hurt now, try doing a pushup while standing on your head.  After you all a few times, _then_ your face will hurt.  I guarantee it.  Not that I've actually tried it or anything... *(

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2001, 08:09:00 PM »
Bravo, Hinopio! :) I agree with you. Since this topic is about religion...I wanted to tell you folks something. I had this really nifty dream. My friend, who HATES church, temple, and anything that has to do with religion, was saying some sort of prayer. It was weird because she's only said a prayer twice in her life! It's also weird because I woke up from my dream saying the prayer with her! All I remember is that the dream had to do with "blesses be", "tresspasses", and "one hundred." I know it's not the Lord's prayer...but it's driving me nuts! Anyone have an idea?
I like cheese!

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2001, 08:23:39 PM »
Hinopio-If you believe in the literal truth of the whole Bible, does that mean you reject evolution, Copernican astronomy, and all the other stuff that contradicts Genesis?

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2001, 11:35:41 PM »
Mega 2- That's right.  Becuase I believe the Bible is literal truth, evolution is out, along with big bang and old earth theories.

Print