Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario party Minigame.  (Read 6823 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:07:59 PM »
This may have been done back in the day, but I'm starting it up nonetheless.  The title is pretty self-explanatory.  Out of all Mario Party games, which mini-game is your undisputed favorite? 

I have quite a hard time deciding most of the time, so I choose Bumper Balls.  Bumper Balls is a great mini-game that I think was only in the first two MP games. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:23:55 AM »
I've only played the first, and I have to say... Bumper Balls, actually.  I think there was another one that I liked more, but I can't recall it at the moment.

It's an awful feeling, getting knocked out early in Bumper Balls, don'tcha think?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
Hmm, I don't remember any mini games from any MP game but MP4, but let's see... I really enjoy the explosion effect from Bowser's Bigger Blast, it cracks me and my friends up. You see them fly off, and then down in the foreground...
But in regular mini games, like the ones you play once a round, Dungeon Duos is the best. Especially if you have a turbo button.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 06:04:57 PM »
Mushroom Mix Up / Hexagon Heat. It's hectic, and fun, and unlike Bumper Balls, it can't end in a draw: While I do enjoy Bumper Balls, I don't like how it ends in a draw about half the time.

I have only played the first three Mario Parties.
~I.S.~

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »
Fruits/Balloon/Darts of Doom from MP4.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 03:35:48 PM »
I have 2 favorites for each.

1 Bumper Balls/Bombs Away
2 Handcar Havoc/Honeycomb Havoc
3 Snowball Summit/Stardust Battle
4 Panel Panic/Three Throw
5 Mario Mechs/Leaf Leap
6 Snow Brawl/Lift Leapers
7 Shock Absorbers/Fun Run
GBA Hammergeddon/ Cloud Climb
E-Read Flee from Boo/Waluigi's Reign

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 03:49:41 PM »
Honeycomb Havoc is best played with 4 people who understand the mathematics behind it. Ah hahaha.
Ya, I liked the concept to it quite a bit, but hated the way it was presented, aesthetically.
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
I know what you mean.  I always count the number of different fruits and coins to see how many I have to take to eliminate someone else with the honeycomb.  If you're not paying attention (or even if you are most of the time), you'll get the honeycomb and enjoy (or not) being chased by the bees after it falls in your basket.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 04:12:37 PM »
I like, wow, I haven't play the game in about a month but I like the Cannon from Mario Party 5 where you shoot characters off their cannons! It's hilarious!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »
Skateboard Scamper for MP2 was awesome!  I liked it because it was really the only button-tapping game I was ever good at.  (I normally suck.)  Long Claw of the Law in MP4 was pretty cool too.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 04:38:33 PM »
Mario's Puzzle Party(MP3)
Whack-a-Plant(MP1)
I'll think of more later.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »
Now Mario Party 3 had some of my all-time classics!

Mario's Puzzle Party

Aces High

Snowball Summit

Pump, Pump and Away (my brother and his friend set the record on this one.  Something like 440 yards.)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »
Thing I didn't like about Mario's Puzzle Party was that it was... too easy to make clears?

I did an experiment once. My friend played normally, I had two CPUs playing, and I set my controller down, left for the bathroom, and essentially let my blocks fall as they did when no one was playing. I won. It was kind of funny, really.
~I.S.~

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 03:26:42 PM »
Well you lose only if the whole board is filled.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
GRAB BAG! GRAB BAG! you get to steal all of the CPU's coins!

Print