Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91848 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2006, 05:12:09 PM »
While I'm not a very religous person, I believe in the existence of Heavon and Hell. I mean, it's a lot better than believing all you have to look forward to after death is a bunch of worms crawling over you. That would suck. Limbo too, but i'm still not quite sure how that would look. It would be pretty hilarious if it was just an endless game of Limbo like in Billy and Mandy.

Also, I can't believe you left this guy off the list:

For those of you wondering, he's The Boogeyman....and he's coming to get you.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
Cool somebody else that watches WWE Smackdown.  I guess I'm not the only one.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2006, 05:40:03 PM »
Sapph, "A Buddha is a being (i.e. a human being) who has, through his or her own efforts and wisdom, awoken to the Truth (Dharma) behind appearance, having abandoned and overcome anger, desire and ignorance; attained liberation (moksa) from suffering."

More information here.
That was a joke.

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2006, 08:53:19 AM »
Makin' a list... and editing it twice!  Gon-na find out who's foolish or wise.  YSR is comin'... to town!

In other words, I'll add those things thanks.

Another good question to ask is how the pyramids were built.  I think that regular people such as Egyptian slaves could have done some of the work, but maybe there were a few giants or large creatures that helped them too (like all the weird pictures you see in Egyptian paintings, some could have been real).  People have found large human skeletons in the world I've heard.  Also notice how I didn't say anything about the Bible this time! Even though it does talk about giants and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:03:21 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2006, 11:30:30 AM »
The only thing that built the pyramids were slaves.  It sounds impossible, I know, but that's how they did it.  They had to do a lot of math calculations though to get everything perfect.  It was a really complicated matter.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »
Cool somebody else that watches WWE Smackdown.  I guess I'm not the only one.

I do too.  I even had a story that was a crossover of SSB and WWE.  Not between superstars, I just had Nintendo characters fighting in WWE elements.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
I believe that watching WWE is a waste of my brain powers.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2006, 07:19:21 PM »
  Also notice how I didn't say anything about the Bible this time! Even though it does talk about giants and stuff.

Ah, Goliath. My favorite story in the Bible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
That is a really good story. 
I have a question, If you remove your votes do you get to vote again? Because he added a bunch of things after I voted.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
The "Giants" in the bible simply refer to large people. Not 100 foot tall monsters.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2006, 07:44:55 PM »
I know but it was still a good story, even if Goliath was 9-10 feet tall.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »
If you remove your votes do you get to vote again?
Yes.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »
Pt_peach: Idolatry is definitely real.  When I used to spend much more time playing video games than I did with God, I was turning them into idols and that's not good at all.  I'm not trying to point fingers or say that playing video games is wrong, but it all just depends on your conscience and motives.

Sapphira: Okay!  I finally got some time to update the list.  I'm glad you mentioned the fountain of youth because I've heard of that before and used to think about it a lot. (and even thought of putting it in a story)

Koopaslaya: In Genesis before the Flood it talks about creatures and giants that were in the land.  I don't know how big they were or if they helped with the pyramids but we don't know, so I'll just wonder about what happened.  I could find the verses pretty quick and quote them here (but no one has to read it).

Genesis 6:1-4 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with men, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daugthers of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Those verses have always confused me, because it sounds like angels or demons are marrying humans and their children are turning into strong, legendary people.  This makes me wonder if the story of Hercules could actually be true (with Zeus and his wife as "gods" or giants) and maybe some other legendary creatures.  Doesn't that story talk about gods marrying humans?  Yikes, there could have been a lot of weird stuff going on then! (if it was true)

Sorry I keep talking about the Bible, but it seems like I can't stop thinking about these mysteries.  Maybe I need to become an archeologist or something so the world will get a break from me. XD

Edit: Someone better vote for Mokele-Mbembe or Kongamato!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:19:54 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2006, 01:36:19 PM »
I put the "Rapture", but I don't believe it's the actual name for it.  We Catholics just say it's "The End of the World".  No specific name.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2006, 04:13:53 PM »
But those are two entirely different things.
That was a joke.

Print