Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707445 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6630 on: May 10, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
Times change.  I've been posting more often this year, but last year I was barely active on here.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #6631 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:07 AM »
Same here, I was inactive for the longest time because I didn't think I fit in here anymore.  Losing my affinity for Mario and all.  Then I just realized I didn't have to be an all out, balls to the wall Mario fanatic like I used to be just to participate here.  Mario will always hold a special place in my heart though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:33:53 AM by superstarMASIAH »
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #6632 on: May 10, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
I'm posting this here not because I am complaining about anything, but because I'm confused and in turmoil.  Today I received a message on facebook from an old friend from highschool (we weren't tight friends, but we were more than acquiantances, she was a fellow art student).  After we left and graduated highschool, I let her have this book called DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman Phd.  It is about a docter's goverment funded research on the affects of DMT in the early 1990's.  Probably one of the more in depth books/studies on the subject I've ever seen.  She's had the book ever since.

I never thought about the extent of my influence on people until now.  I always thought whenever I went on about a subject I always had little impression on people, but that was when I wasn't talking about something I was knowledgable in. 

She is a beautifle girl.  She wants to hang out during this summer again.  And I might even want to hook-up with her.  But I'm having conflicted interests.  On one hand, since I've been sober so long, I don't want to be responsible for turning a perfectly innocent girl into some festy skank.  Although DMT is the least of my worries (I have no idea what else she's done) because she seemed fine when I talked to her, DMT is non-adictive but the most powerful hallucinogenic known to man.  I would feel awful if at some festival she was to try some dirty research chemical like 2C-B, or 2C-I.  I've been there before, and its not pretty.

My next conflict is that one of my good friends tried to hook-up with her before, he got close but things didn't work out.  I have to find a way to make him understand that it didn't work out, and that her and I have more in common.  I don't know how to put it though, because the jist of it is that she didn't want him because he was too nice, and when he see's me with her, he's going to understand that she wanted me because I'm the "bad-boy'/risk-taker.

Andbody got any advice?

« Reply #6633 on: May 10, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »
I have the same problem for your second conflict. I'm so in love with this guy and I still haven't told my sister, because they had a bit of something going on for the shortest bit and I'm not sure how she'll take it. Same as your "I have to find a way to make him understand that it didn't work out, and that her and I have more in common.", changing the 'her' to a 'he'.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6634 on: May 10, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
You're not in love with him. You have a crush on him.

« Reply #6635 on: May 10, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as to to say I love this girl.  I just like her, and care about her way too much to have that kind of stuff hanging over my shoulders.

« Reply #6636 on: May 11, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »
You're not in love with him. You have a crush on him.

BM, you're entitled to an opinion but you don't know me or whats been up with us.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #6637 on: May 11, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »
I'm angry that I keep making simple spelling mistakes. Chupperson pointed one out to me earlier and all I could do was facepalm.

*reminds self to read everything he writes from here on out
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6638 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:34 AM »
I thought you wrote 'defiantly' on purpose.

I mean, it makes sense in context.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6639 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
Birth by Sleep is shaping up to be the best KH title since Chain of Memories.  So naturally, it's a PSP exclusive.

Anyone know a good PSP emulator?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6640 on: May 12, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
PSP emulation sucks. Kingdom Hearts sucks.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6641 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »
I have ANGST because no matter what work of fiction I seem to enjoy, I can always count on WarpRattler and/or Captain Jim to tell me it sucks, regardless of whether I actually ask for their opinion on said work.

I also have ANGST because I really like Brawl+ but I don't know anyone IRL who does.  So I'm stuck with either vBrawl or no one to play against at all.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6642 on: May 12, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »
I thought you wrote 'defiantly' on purpose.

Nah man, it was just me being an idiot.

I can always count on WarpRattler and/or Captain Jim to tell me it sucks

Ignore them. It doesn't pay to listen to two people over the internet insult what you like.

PSP emulation sucks. Kingdom Hearts sucks.

Don't be a jerk.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:16:52 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #6643 on: May 12, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »
I love how whenever I say I don't like something it's treated as a personal attack. Turtle, I don't like a lot of the stuff you like, sorry. I can't help it. But know that it doesn't mean I dislike you personally.

Right now I've reached the eternal dilemma. I have $220. Now...I want to buy things, but I don't want to spend money, because if I spend money, I won't have money anymore. But if I don't spend money, I can't buy things.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:26:43 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6644 on: May 12, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »
Maybe it'd help if he enjoyed more fiction that doesn't suck.

Kingdom Hearts is a mess of uninteresting characters and story arcs that require three sequels and a prequel to finally tie up, and, aside from 358/2 Days (which has the worst story of any of them while also having the best gameplay) and coded (which isn't even a regular entry in the series), Kingdom Hearts games are pretty much just grindy JRPGs in real-time form, so I'll say again that Kingdom Hearts sucks.

Telling the truth and being a jerk are often the same thing. Get over it.

Print