Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704884 times)

« Reply #7050 on: December 15, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »
Reggie will kick our 4 custom catchphrases and take our sixteen digit numbers.

He has to prepare his body for the next step. I imagine his body will be ready when the 3DS is released.

Reggie = Krang?

« Reply #7051 on: December 23, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
I mentioned earlier that my DS's touch screen was on the fritz. The problem ceased for a while, but has now returned with a vengeance. Strangely, the touch screen began acting up again as I was playing Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light... Which was the game on which I first noticed the problem. Do you suppose the game itself has some bug that's affecting the touch screen's hardware?

*inb4 HURR DURR THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR BUYING A [dukar]TY GAME
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7052 on: December 24, 2010, 12:19:37 AM »
If you already know the games are bad, why do you buy them?

« Reply #7053 on: December 24, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »
I think it's great, but no one here seems to agree.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7054 on: December 26, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
I've found there's basically no reason for me to care about owning a Wii in this house. We've only had the system set up for a day, and I'm already sick of being treated like something less than human because I actually have common sense and taste in games.

Being told it doesn't matter that we own half the games in Hasbro Family Game Night in physical form or that it doesn't matter that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a bad game because the eleven-year-old might like them is like, to compare to what's in theaters at the moment, being told you could've been going to see TRON Legacy but are instead seeing Yogi Bear because the kids wanted to.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7055 on: December 26, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
So, in other words...?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7056 on: December 26, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
In other words, I'll stick with the systems I already had. Don't have to share any of those with people who are content with mediocrity.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7057 on: December 26, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
It's not really like the movie analogy, though, because you're not being forced to play or even watch the games like you would be forced to watch the movie.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7058 on: December 26, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
I'm actively being prevented from using my system when people are playing these games, just as I would be actively prevented from seeing one movie if I had to go see the other.

And considering how loud my siblings love to be when they're playing games, I still have to hear it. Headphones don't help.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7059 on: December 26, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »
Did Barnes & Noble get on the bad side of Anonymous, or something? I've got $75 in gift cards to spend, and the website won't work for [dukar].

« Reply #7060 on: December 27, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »
I'm actively being prevented from using my system when people are playing these games, just as I would be actively prevented from seeing one movie if I had to go see the other.

And considering how loud my siblings love to be when they're playing games, I still have to hear it. Headphones don't help.

Dude, that sucks. You know what must be done, you must wean your family into liking good games.

My brother for example, received Black Ops for Christmas but is too busy playing my VC version of Ocarina of Time as well as Fossil Fighters DS to get tainted by the game's community. My other brother is also busy playing Pac-Man Championship Edition DX and X-Men Arcade so he's gotten his mind off those [dukar]ty Post-Insomniac Spyro games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7061 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Well, after our post-Christmas shopping, I own fully half of our Wii game library, with two shmups (Blast Works and Castle of Shikigami III), a fighter (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom), and a rhythm game (Samba de Amigo). So I've pretty much dealt with that problem before it really began. And my sister bought Rune Factory Frontier, so at least one of my siblings is doing things right.

(She also wants to play Mushihime-sama now that she has a working PS2 again. That alone makes up for everything else.)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7062 on: December 30, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
Well, after our post-Christmas shopping, I own fully half of our Wii game library, with two shmups (Blast Works and Castle of Shikigami III), a fighter (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom), and a rhythm game (Samba de Amigo). So I've pretty much dealt with that problem before it really began. And my sister bought Rune Factory Frontier, so at least one of my siblings is doing things right.

(She also wants to play Mushihime-sama now that she has a working PS2 again. That alone makes up for everything else.)

Ooh, Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a really fun game.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #7063 on: January 01, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »
New Years is overrated.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7064 on: January 02, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
In a way, I suppose.

Well, if it wasn't for Olivia Wilde, I'm prepared to say Tron Legacy would've been a complete loss.

Print