Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1705146 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7665 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
Hey Warp, any room in your boat? My desktop just died too. :\

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7666 on: January 02, 2012, 11:43:08 PM »
Take the boat - a day after that post, my PC was back up and better than before.

« Reply #7667 on: January 02, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »
The Neil Sedaka CD I bought today features re-recordings of his early hits rather than the original versions.

Ah, such is life for an oldies fan.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #7668 on: January 13, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »
I hate people who think they are all hot [dukar] because they are better than someone else at ONE thing.  Then they see that everyone around them has more "jewels" than everyone around them and tries to push them farther.  Seriously, if I have to deal with one more --hole like that at school, I'm burying them in the ground.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7669 on: January 15, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
It's what happens when one of the basest human reactions festers into a personality trait. Just keep doin' what you do, and don't let people compensating for something get you down.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7670 on: January 15, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
The Neil Sedaka CD I bought today features re-recordings of his early hits rather than the original versions.

Ah, such is life for an oldies fan.

My dad has run into this problem a few times.  He once bought a "Greatest Hits Live" Journey CD when he meant to buy their regular "Greatest Hits" CD.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7671 on: January 15, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »
Here's a little something that might help all the angst:  http://thequietplaceproject.com/thequietplace/en
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7672 on: January 15, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »
thanks to that link i have lost my ability to use capital letters
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7673 on: January 15, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
i'll be favoriting that on my browser and leaving it open until i decide to shut down...
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7674 on: January 15, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »
I don't hate Facebook for absorbing everyone's attention, I hate it for being forced on me by every other website, with no place not reminding me that I should like whatever it is I'm looking at. And lo and behold, what you see at the end of this little lecture. "Acknowledge us on social networking sites, *****!" Quiet place? The hell it is, it's no quiet place to be alone if you let everyone know that you're there.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7675 on: January 15, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
I viewed those links at the end as more of an attack, not hypocrisy. Like, "tell your friends at Satan Club to visit a church service sometime".

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #7676 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »
A good friend of mine just decided that he never wants to talk to me again even though I have no idea what I did to him.  All my attempts to try to talk to him have been in vain, as he promptly ignores me.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #7677 on: February 01, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
I hate when people ask me what its like to be colorblind.  Because then I ask them what its like to see colors and they say "Well... I don't know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7678 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
ANGST at pretty much all of 2011. That's all, really.
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7679 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »
Because then I ask them what its like to see colors ...

It's FANTASTIC! The array and beauty of all the hues inherent to the spectrum of visible light is vibrant and energizing! Seeing a lively display of color in tasteful or extravagant extremes can make my day! Film and artwork employ a new dimension of communication and artistry when in conversation with color and enriches the entire experience many times over! I love seeing colors!

Print