Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260273 times)

« Reply #390 on: August 24, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »
Last night I saw a PBS special about the Blue Man Group (inside the tube).  This was my first time to see anything they did and I didn't know what to expect.  It completely blue me away!  After getting used to the weirdness, I started to like it.  I think my favorite parts were when they played the tubes and also the witty "Guide Book to Rock and Roll."  Bob your head... pump your fist... jump up and down!! :)  I probably shouldn't have watched this right before bed though (my Dad taped it while I went to church) because it gave me a strange dream.

I think I need to find more things in common with you people because... most of the time I don't know what people are even talking about. >_>

TBT: I found your Lost book!  It was underneath my bed somehow.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 02:20:01 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #391 on: August 24, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »
Haha, well, that wasn't it.  O_O
I found it last night and finished it up.
I wasn't disappointed because I just wanted it to end... and... well, it did.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »
The 512 MB one will be good enough, I think. It comes with software I can use to encode files (which means I don't have to live offa 2-week trials for that anymore). It said "Anything your computer can play (a/v-wise), this can too. So I could probably sacrifice a few bigger things to make room for an actual movie from a DVD, for long trips and stuff. 512 MB would... probably... not be big enough unless said software could make the files smaller. Well, whatever. 512 MB is good enough for me now. If only it also played SNES ROMs... not possible, theoretically, but come on, it'd shoot to the top of everyone's to-buy lists. Ooh, and if it could store  physical objects... and refrigerate them too...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:25 PM »
I went to PAX today.  I saw the movie The Wizard for the first time.

When you watch a bad eighties movie about video games alone, it's just a bad eighties movie about video games.  When you watch a bad eighties movie about video games in a theater filled with gamers who remember the eighties, it becomes The Best Movie Ever.

« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2006, 08:56:51 AM »
I can run Windows Vista on my computer. All I need is another gig of RAM, and a bigger moniter (about 21" to replace my old 15"). The best part is, I can run Windows Vista Ultimate without doing a clean install! Yay. I won't lose any of my old files.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2006, 12:54:53 PM »
Just a couple of days ago, I let my mom play MKDS. Ever since, she has loved it! She has a bit of expirience because she used to play 2P on MK:DD. My mom's gradually getting better at it. Maybe when Super Mario Galaxy comes out, I'll introduce her to that. Horray! My mom likes video games :D!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
*high five to Robert and Hirocon* :)
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »
Just a couple of days ago, I let my mom play MKDS. Ever since, she has loved it! She has a bit of expirience because she used to play 2P on MK:DD. My mom's gradually getting better at it. Maybe when Super Mario Galaxy comes out, I'll introduce her to that. Horray! My mom likes video games :D!

You've got a cool mom, man.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2006, 09:44:36 PM »
Ditto.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2006, 12:17:33 AM »
I'm going to brag now.

Today was day two of PAX.  The day was indescribably awesome for many, many reasons.  However, what I'm here to brag about is that I entered a Tetris DS tournament, and I won.  First place.  Out of over 140 contestants.  I got a Radeon X1900XT, worth over $300, as a prize.  I'm going to sell it.  I just wish they had given me a cash prize directly, because then I could call myself a professional gamer.  I'd love that title.

I'm also entered in the Mario Kart DS tournament, which will be held tomorrow.  I've got to go practice.

« Reply #400 on: August 27, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
Well, though my sister went back to school, and I had to work so I couldn't drop her off with my parents,  it worked out alright, because when I got out at 9, I got home to find out that my mom got me a couple of souveneirs.  She got me some Mike and Ikes, a huge box of them, and a Venus Flytrap she picked up at the Wal-mart by my sisters school.  It's really cool, and it's in pretty good shape, considering it was likely sitting in the impulse area for weeks.  It was funny because I brought it outside when it was raining to give it a little water, and when I was going to bring it back in, my cat followed me.  It stuck its nose right into the "mouth", which snapped shut on it, and it jumped straight up and ran back inside. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #401 on: August 27, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »
*high five to Robert and Hirocon* :)

You've got a cool mom, man.

Ditto.

Thanks, guys! Also, I went mini-putting today. This one had two paths you could go on; both had 18 holes, with 36 holes altogether. I played all 36 holes with my uncle. We didn't keep score, but we still had fun.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »
I just found this funny Mario movie on MSN today.  It's live-action footage of a guy dressed in a Mario suit doing different things with Mario sound effects in the background, along with classic Mario music.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2006, 05:27:44 PM »
There were w00ts all over the place today. I got geography fixed (I'm now in honors, like I should be [not to mention 5th period is the most important class to have friends in--you know the lunch plans. That came with the switch]). I have an A in geometry so far (where I'm now the math nerd people ask what "collinear" means), and there's a class set of geometry books as of today. There's also a class set of biology books, and from what I can see I'll now only need my geography book once a week or less. So on fridays, when I won't need my Spanish book, I might be walking around with no books at all. Oh, and my CD player miraculously still works. It only needs to last 2-3 more weeks before I can throw its remains away/give it to G-Dawg. =D
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »
I can do a pretty good impression of a horse running by beating my hands on a hard surface. I'd give you guys an audio clip if I could.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print