Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260117 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #840 on: January 03, 2007, 02:28:58 PM »
Did you even see Cars, SushieBoy?

Of course I did, what's your point?

Original characters are also great.

Yeah, but only when they come with a whole new story, not just a crappy character to destroy what the fic is based on!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 02:30:30 PM by SushieBoy »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #841 on: January 03, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »
My point was, a fanfic based on cars isn't such a bad idea, so long as it keeps things within the movie's limits.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #842 on: January 03, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
The next thing will see is Lightning McQueen and the Porsche girl have children...

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #843 on: January 03, 2007, 02:37:55 PM »
Thank you, EM, I'm making a happy post for original characters.

Let's not get too out of hand about fan fiction. I'm sure there are people out there that enjoy the various Star Wars books available. The problem is not the existence of fan fiction, but poorly written fan fiction.

I guess I'm getting pretty good with the wiiboard. I posted this while eating beef ramen in the living room.

« Reply #844 on: January 03, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »
I made 3 new dolls on New Years day!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #845 on: January 03, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »
I'm happy because I'm eating Crunchberries right out of the box. :D
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #846 on: January 03, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »
OK, I know there's something I should be happy about right now.  I know.  I go to a Catholic school where we do volunteer hours("volunteer" as in you're expelled if you fail to fulfill the requirements), and I did my first two hours today!  I was a bit nervous, but I get to work there again on Friday for six hours straight playing Bingo.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #847 on: January 04, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
Fan fiction is usually okay when licensed and written by an established author.
That said, a lot of the Star Wars books are terrible. And a lot of them are good (mainly Timothy Zahn's).
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #848 on: January 05, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
The problem is not the existence of fan fiction, but poorly written fan fiction.

Amen to that!  I've read some fanfics that I couldn't even enjoy because the grammar was horrible, or the plot was bogus.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #849 on: January 05, 2007, 02:55:37 AM »
The interior of the cantina looked as black as night to Scrooge McDuck, his eyes still burning from the bright twin suns of the Tatooine day, Tatoo I & Tatoo II. McDuck knew the patrons liked it that way. It gave them a chance to eye newcomers before the newcomers could recognize a face. And there were a lot of faces in there that didn't want to be recognized. And, as McDuck kept fighting to make himself forget, a lot of brains two inches behind (or two feet below, depending on the species) those faces that wouldn't give a second thought to blasting off his face, if he made the wrong move.

"Why do I drag myself along on these fool adventures?" Scrooge pondered. And this was a prescient point to ponder, indeed, for Mr. McDuck had just about everything there is to have. He had friends and family. He had property rights to half the buildings in Duckburg. He had one multiplujillion, nine obsquatumatillion, six hundred twenty-three dollars and sixty-two cents. But there was one thing that Scrooge McDuck did not have:

The ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #850 on: January 05, 2007, 12:27:27 PM »
I would read that fanfic. If you can even call it that.
That was a joke.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #851 on: January 05, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »
Kirby! Happy!

« Reply #852 on: January 05, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »
The interior of the cantina looked as black as night to Scrooge McDuck, his eyes still burning from the bright twin suns of the Tatooine day, Tatoo I & Tatoo II. McDuck knew the patrons liked it that way. It gave them a chance to eye newcomers before the newcomers could recognize a face. And there were a lot of faces in there that didn't want to be recognized. And, as McDuck kept fighting to make himself forget, a lot of brains two inches behind (or two feet below, depending on the species) those faces that wouldn't give a second thought to blasting off his face, if he made the wrong move.

"Why do I drag myself along on these fool adventures?" Scrooge pondered. And this was a prescient point to ponder, indeed, for Mr. McDuck had just about everything there is to have. He had friends and family. He had property rights to half the buildings in Duckburg. He had one multiplujillion, nine obsquatumatillion, six hundred twenty-three dollars and sixty-two cents. But there was one thing that Scrooge McDuck did not have:

The ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

I wouldn't mind reading more of that. Where can I find more?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Jman

• Score
« Reply #853 on: January 05, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »
I don't know, I think LD made it up to prove a point.  But if not, then I too would enjoy reading more.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #854 on: January 05, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »
I also think LD made it up.

By the way, you know what was a good fanfic? The Prophecy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:14:14 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print