Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1259993 times)

« Reply #1365 on: April 05, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »
I'm hopeful because it's Easter weekend.

I just don't get how the whole Easter Bunny thing started. Could someone inform me on this?

And you call yourself religious. :P

Anyway, eggs have this odd connection with souls. *trails off, as he's honestly forgotten most of the story he was told*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1366 on: April 05, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
I was told that the rabbits and bird were a symbol of fertility, which technically isn't confined to one religion.

By the way, the Easter Bunny isn't that oversized cartoon thingy that everyone seems to think of. He actually looks like a real rabbit, except he can talk and spread spring weather. At least that's the way I see it. :P

« Reply #1367 on: April 05, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »
And you call yourself religious. :P

I am religious. I don't see the connection between the sacrifice of a Savior and a stupid bunny that hops around and hides eggs.

They might have...........some odd connection with the soul, but it's not nearly as important as Jesus in my opinion. Really, it's fine for people who don't follow/believe him, but I think the Christians (and I know from experiance that I'm not talking about everyone here) should cut the crap and dump the bunny.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:03:33 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1368 on: April 05, 2007, 07:12:50 PM »
According to last night's episode of South Park, St. Peter was a bunny.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:14:35 PM by SolidShroom »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1369 on: April 05, 2007, 08:18:08 PM »
Rabbits are a sign of fertility because they procreate like heck.
Spring is a sign of fertility because stuff is growing everywhere ever.
Easter was the Pagan fertility festival.
Spring is also when dead-ish stuff comes back to life again.
Easter is when Jesus returned from the dead.
Make sense?
That was a joke.

« Reply #1370 on: April 05, 2007, 09:50:09 PM »
I suppose, but I still think the whole concept of the Easter Bunny is really quite silly. It's just another excuse to make the entire holiday itself about gifts.

Darn it, I should just stop ranting when this is the Hopeful thread. *hits himself over the head*

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1371 on: April 05, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »
Well, I am chockful of HOPEFUL news.

I received my Wii.........well, an entirely new Wii back from Nintendo on Monday! It works like a charm and I easily redownloaded everything from my VC games to my channels. Now I can get back to playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Wii Sports and surfing the web on my TV.

I also have more very HOPEFUL news. I am going to a Chevelle concert on April 9th! I can't wait for the concert, which no doubt should be a fantastic performance by one of my favorite modern bands. I will also soon be getting their new album, Vena Sera, which I've heard is their best yet.

And, last but not least, IT IS SPRING BREAK AT LAST!! I can't wait to start goofing off...wait, I'm already doing that now!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1372 on: April 05, 2007, 10:43:30 PM »
I am religious. I don't see the connection between the sacrifice of a Savior and a stupid bunny that hops around and hides eggs.

They might have...........some odd connection with the soul, but it's not nearly as important as Jesus in my opinion. Really, it's fine for people who don't follow/believe him, but I think the Christians (and I know from experiance that I'm not talking about everyone here) should cut the crap and dump the bunny.

Agreed.  Besides, if I were to pick, I'd still take Snoopy as the Easter Beagle any day of the week over a rabbit.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1373 on: April 05, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »
Yeah, the bunny needs to be trashed for the real holiday meaning, which is celebrating (again, this is not meant to offened anyone, and I know this only has meaning for Christians) the rising of Jesus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1374 on: April 05, 2007, 11:19:17 PM »
Well, that's what Easter is. So saying that's what it should be about shouldn't offend anybody, since anybody who isn't Christian and has no relations with Christians likely doesn't celebrate Easter. So if anyone would be offended by that statement in any way, they would... lose.
Rabbits are otherwise cool, except those lab accident Rayman ones that creep me out.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1375 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »
So it's Good Friday.

It's also my birthday.

*sings*Good things come in twos...

Oh yeah guys it's Lizard Dude's birthday as well. Be happy for him too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1376 on: April 06, 2007, 12:56:18 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VID AND LD!

You guys are two cool dudes. Like seriously. I'm so happy that I got to this topic before it hit 12 AM, which is like in 6 minutes. :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1377 on: April 06, 2007, 07:11:15 AM »
Happy Birthday to LD and Vid. Hope you guys have a funtastic filled day!  :)

« Reply #1378 on: April 06, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »
Well, I am chockful of HOPEFUL news.

I received my Wii.........well, an entirely new Wii back from Nintendo on Monday! It works like a charm and I easily redownloaded everything from my VC games to my channels. Now I can get back to playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Wii Sports and surfing the web on my TV.

I also have more very HOPEFUL news. I am going to a Chevelle concert on April 9th! I can't wait for the concert, which no doubt should be a fantastic performance by one of my favorite modern bands. I will also soon be getting their new album, Vena Sera, which I've heard is their best yet.

And, last but not least, IT IS SPRING BREAK AT LAST!! I can't wait to start goofing off...wait, I'm already doing that now!

Aren't you upset that your game data is gone? I remember being worried my Wii would be replaced completely when I sent it in.
Lucky, I have a full week of school next week, and then I'll have Spring Break.

EDIT: Finally warioman is banned. I'm sorry, but this guy joined just today and was already getting on my nerves.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:45:48 PM by PaperMario »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1379 on: April 06, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »
I wonder if this is the first instance of someone joining and getting banned in the same day. If so, it is a grim day for mankind. But this isn't "The GRIM thread: Be somber here!", so I'll just continue being happy that we're getting a new kitten, which we are.
every

Print