Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260240 times)

« Reply #1410 on: April 08, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »
Funny how PaperLuigi keeps preaching about not accepting gifts on Easter. I wonder if he declines Christmas presents as well? Doesn't Christmas have equal religious importance?

« Reply #1411 on: April 08, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
What the heck's your problem?

Anyway, I'm hopeful because Monday is a day I don't have to go to school, which gives me some time to work on a story I thought about posting here.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 01:01:27 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1412 on: April 08, 2007, 02:01:25 PM »
Seriously, today's easter?

They really need to stop having it jump around to random days of the month. Otherwise, I completely forget when it's coming up.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #1413 on: April 08, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
Seriously, today is Easter.

I am hopeful that people will stop thinking is a gift giving holiday.. I was at work earlier today,  and all the customers that came through and talked about Easter were talking about what they were going to give their families/what they have recieved from families. Easter should not work that way.

Easter should be about the time spent together with loved ones. Small presents are ok,  but when you're talking about getting somebody a TV or car, that's just entirely too much. Of course, the candies/chocolates/cards are ok, because you're acknowledging somebody in a way that isn't too incredibly offensive.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1414 on: April 08, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »
Yeah, I was happy just to spend time with everyone today.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1415 on: April 08, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I find it annoying when people who I will not name act as if it's wrong to get, give or accept gifts any time of the year. That said, I agree; the most you should give or get on Easter is either a bunch of jelly beans or a cheap plastic calculator (20 jelly beans = one cheap plastic calcuator).
every

« Reply #1416 on: April 08, 2007, 05:05:54 PM »
What the heck's your problem?

Whoa whoa whoa. Just an honest question. I probably worded it differently than I was thinking. What I meant was: Why do people not think getting gifts for Easter is good, yet Christmas practically revolves around it? I was just using you as an example. That being said, I do think Easter gifts are a bit extravagant and unnecessary.

« Reply #1417 on: April 08, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »
I barely get anything for Christmas anymore; I got the Wii because my brother wanted it, and that was it.  :P

I just find the holiday itself more enjoyable then the gifts. My mother always nags me for feeling sad when the season is over, and she's always bugging me for a wish list, which I usually forget.

« Reply #1418 on: April 08, 2007, 05:43:57 PM »
Funny how PaperLuigi keeps preaching about not accepting gifts on Easter. I wonder if he declines Christmas presents as well? Doesn't Christmas have equal religious importance?

Actually, people find Easter 10 to 100 times more religious than Christmas. It's easy to believe someone was born, it's harder to believe they rose from the dead after being killed a couple of days earlier.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1419 on: April 08, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »
I really wish we celebrated Easter more then Christmas, but since not everyone is a Christian, it's easier to turn both holidays into a Hallmark holiday and celebrate the one which doesn't include Jesus rising from the grave.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1420 on: April 08, 2007, 08:03:58 PM »
I hope that the ICTOAN crap that just happened over the last hour is split from the ANGST thread.

« Reply #1421 on: April 08, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »
I hope that the ICTOAN crap that just happened over the last hour doesn't happen again (though it probably will).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1422 on: April 08, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »
Well, I'm hopeful that my little topic here has nearly reached 100 pages now. I hope we can make it before it's birthday on April 20th.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1423 on: April 08, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
Its anniversary is 4/20? Ouch.

« Reply #1424 on: April 08, 2007, 08:13:01 PM »
Why, what happens on that day?

EDIT: Oh...............the Columbine shooting.............
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:15:00 PM by PaperLuigi »

Print