Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260006 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1635 on: May 03, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
Just do that from home; cards = taxes = money wasted on the government instead of your points.
I bought Wii Points from home once and still got charged sales tax. Go, Tennessee.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1636 on: May 03, 2007, 09:11:16 PM »
Just do that from home; cards = taxes = money wasted on the government instead of your points.
Haha
Sales Tax.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1637 on: May 04, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »
I think Wii Points, Microsoft Points and whatever points system the PS3 uses are all crap. It's like spending money on tickets to buy stuff at the carnival; you always walk home with ten-some unused tickets because you spent $20 on 40 tickets and everything costs 30 tickets anyway. It's a scam.

There I go again, being ansgty in the hopeful thread. Well, I'm happy to report that I aced a fairly big history test at my school.
every

« Reply #1638 on: May 04, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »
You are quite correct that is scammy. Microsoft is the worst with points that don't even directly match up with real world currency.

The only benefit to this system that I can see is parents being able to put points in their kid's account which he can then spend on whatever he likes at any random time, and not having to drag his parent out of bed or steal the credit card or need to buy something while the parents are at work.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1639 on: May 04, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
The difference, Glorb, being that you can use the points later... and the games and channels on which you use the points are unlikely to break five minutes after use as opposed to carnival toys.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:53:19 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1640 on: May 04, 2007, 06:02:23 PM »
The difference, Glorb, being that you can use the points later... and the games and channels on which you use the points are unlikely to break five minutes after use as opposed to carnival toys.

One of my Wii Points Cards was ripped in half not even five minutes after arriving home one night. It's a good thing the code was still readable..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1641 on: May 04, 2007, 06:27:50 PM »
...That's why you buy them in the shop channel!!
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1642 on: May 04, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
It's not like Wii points expire or something. If you buy stuff eventually you will run out of points. Probably after buying a couple different batches of points though.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1643 on: May 06, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »
Funny how in the time I was gone, nobody posted here. Hahahaaaaaaaah.
So the state bowling event was yesterday. I didn't make it to the finals as could be expected, but I did fairly well. I font even believe my scores so I'll just show you the paper I got...
We intended to come straight home but went to the Macaroni Grill (lobster-stuffed ravioli whee) and stayed at my aunts' place for the night. I don't think I've ever mentioned that if I end up going to Berkely, I'll live there for the duration. I was pleased to learn that there is a Wi-fi access point there, but I'd need to know the WEP key to use it (I COULD have used IRCDS to get into #tmk, but since it was locked...). It's just a good thing to know in advance; I won't have to buy a USB adapter.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1644 on: May 06, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »
For some reason, I feel psyched about the state test! A feeling of angst, as the test got close, turned to a feeling of excitement!

w00t for our BirdPerson! Wow! Berkley is very far from me!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1645 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:18 PM »
I'm happy because school(for me) ends on the 25th. Wew hew!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #1646 on: May 06, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
I saw Spiderman 3 today in theaters. If you need an indication as to how much I enjoyed this movie, look no further than the title of the thread itself.

Saying that Spiderman 3 was the best I've seen in a long time would be an understatement. This movie is just sweet. The action was 10X the action of the other two and the actors stepped it up a few notches to make this a truely enjoyable experiance.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1647 on: May 06, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
I want to see that movie! I saw the first two. I enjoyed them. The preview for this seemed interesting enough. But I want to go see Shrek the Third. And Pirates of the Caribbean 3. That should be awesome. Man, movies go in threes for me. I loved all 3 X-Men movies. Now I hope I'll love the third additions to these!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1648 on: May 06, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of Spider-man 3. It was a great movie, don't get me wrong. Lots of cool, jumpy parts. However, the part in the middle where he goes all emo and dances randomly in the street is just retarded and sank the overall excellence of the movie by a ton. Also they should have gone deeper into the weird alien thing from outer space that turned him into Venom.

« Reply #1649 on: May 06, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »
show you the paper

12-Up Boy. You just earned yourself 12 lives. Good job!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print