Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1266899 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1650 on: May 06, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »
I'm happy because school(for me) ends on the 25th. Wew hew!

For me, school officially ends on the 23rd, but I have to go in for 8th grade promotion (the band plays) the night of the 24th, and on the 25th, we have to go in for about half an hour to get report cards (and I have to go back in later that night for graduation).

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1651 on: May 06, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of Spider-man 3. It was a great movie, don't get me wrong. Lots of cool, jumpy parts. However, the part in the middle where he goes all emo and dances randomly in the street is just retarded and sank the overall excellence of the movie by a ton. Also they should have gone deeper into the weird alien thing from outer space that turned him into Venom.
Haha, The emo part was pretty funny actually. Also, Venom in this movie sucked. He had a crappy voice, and he said "I," instead of "we." Plus, he wasn't featured enough.

« Reply #1652 on: May 06, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »
Aside from small mistakes, nothing was enough to lower my opinion of this movie.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1653 on: May 06, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »
I disagree with both bobman and Solid.
I liked everything about it. Even the parts bobman mentioned served a purpose.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1654 on: May 06, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
Trust me Solid. They could have done a LOT worse with Venom. I thought he was pretty cool. The parts that weren't weren't totally tied in with the comics aren't something to fuss over, quite frankly.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1655 on: May 07, 2007, 10:14:25 AM »
Wait...Venom doesn't OMG!!! Spoilarz! refer to himself as "we"? I'm seriously reconsidering seeing Spider-Man 3. And I mean this with only a hint of sarcasm.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1656 on: May 07, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
Well, yeah, maybe I'm fussing over a a small matter, however Gwen Stacy doesn't get killed, That totally puts a hole in the connection with the comics, as well as totally ignores a part of Spider Man that changed the whole comic book industry. Imagine if Ben hadn't been killed!

« Reply #1657 on: May 07, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »
Spider Man 3 in my opinion was about the best one in the series I personally love the whole 70s thing that Peter was given through the "what-ever-you-call-it" from outer-space. It became a bit odd to see Harry die though.

I'll try to buy it as soon as it comes out, maybe even see it again in theaters.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1658 on: May 07, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
I am not particularly fond of Spiderman and therefore will not go see it.

In other news, I beat Fracktail today. :D
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1659 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »
Solid, you're hilarious. It's not like that happened right away in the comics, and they're totally going to make more movies, and by this point the movie is not so much an adaptation as a very successful retelling of the comics, so yeah basically I consider your qualms unjustified. There are tons of different things, but that doesn't stop them from being crazy good Spider-Man movies.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1660 on: May 07, 2007, 03:53:31 PM »
Imagine if Gwen Stacy HAD SPOILER!!! died SPOILEEERRR!!! immediately in the comics. That would've been...pointless.
every

« Reply #1661 on: May 07, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »
Well, yeah, maybe I'm fussing over a a small matter, however Gwen Stacy doesn't get killed, That totally puts a hole in the connection with the comics, as well as totally ignores a part of Spider Man that changed the whole comic book industry. Imagine if Ben hadn't been killed!

Dude, I'm totally sure they'll get to that. This was her first movie, the movies themselves don't HAVE to be indentical to the comics, and they've signed on to make a few more. I'm sure she'll bite the big one sooner or later.

« Reply #1662 on: May 07, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
They should have introduced Venom way earlier in the movie. I mean, yeah, the meteor crashed early on, and the black stuff attached to his motorcycle right away, but come on! Venom is the coolest villain! Good movie though.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1663 on: May 07, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »
Solid, you're hilarious. It's not like that happened right away in the comics, and they're totally going to make more movies, and by this point the movie is not so much an adaptation as a very successful retelling of the comics, so yeah basically I consider your qualms unjustified. There are tons of different things, but that doesn't stop them from being crazy good Spider-Man movies.
Yeah, I guess you're right. However, Gwen died as a result of a battle between Spider Man and the Green Goblin in the comics , and he "bit the big one" so what now?

« Reply #1664 on: May 07, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
First time I saw Gwen Stacy, I thought she was Felicia/Black Cat.

Oh yeah, I saw Freedom Writers today. The movie sucked, so I gave it some snide commentary to make it much more enjoyable. It somehow worked, plus I ticked off a couple of girls who thought it was a great movie so it was a win-win situation for me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print