Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1267142 times)

« Reply #5205 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
Am I the only one who lives in unholy terror of seeing even so much as a trailer to a movie adaption of a book I love (let alone the full film)? I never watched The Time Traveler's WIfe movie, and that is like my favorite book Of All Time. I very much doubt I will ever watch Scott Pilgrim either. I cannot hurl myself into that much risk of mindrape.

I will hit the game both sides, though.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5206 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
The Scott Pilgrim movie was amazing.

I just got back from seeing it, so maybe I'm still on a movie high, but I seriously enjoyed it. Great adaption of the books.

I should quantify that with I was skeptical before seeing it, but I was won over very quickly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:35:48 PM by Black Mage »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5207 on: August 13, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »
I've seen Scott Pilgrim twice. I liked it the first time; I liked it way way more the second time. It is in every way an amazing adaptation of the books. I was mega skeptical of Michael Cera before but he actually did a really good job.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5208 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

For the record, MaryAnn Johanson is a terrible critic. She tends to give bad reviews to great movies.

She didn't even like Ben-Hur.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5209 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »
The local Weird Al concert was indeed awesome. However, I forgot there was such a thing as encores, and left only hearing "The Saga Begins" and "Yoda" (at least). My brother had to get some sleep before football practice the next day, so it's probably just as well.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5210 on: August 22, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »
If you experience a nerd boner lasting one hour and twelve minutes, you may have just seen Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5211 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
Yes, that is indeed a possibility. A likely one at that.

I just moved into my dorm at RPI today. This week is orientation-type stuff, classes begin next Monday. Yay, college!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5212 on: August 29, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »
For the record, MaryAnn Johanson is a terrible critic. She tends to give bad reviews to great movies.

She didn't even like Ben-Hur.

Yeah, she probably thinks Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 is the greatest movie ever made.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5213 on: August 29, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »
Just shattered my records for 101% DKC and 70-star SM64 times this weekend (1:26 and 1:33, respectively).  Usually about what goes on in my room when everyone else is studying.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:44:13 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5214 on: September 03, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
Going to PAX tomorrow, y'all.

« Reply #5215 on: September 03, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
You're a lucky ******* for living so close to stuff like that.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5216 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:40 PM »
PAX.

Got a bunch of little swag, took some pics, saw some fine cosplay-gals, played a demo or two, got MC Frontalot's sig on a poster, basically just nerdgasmed for six hours. There was only one guy I knew would be there (a friend of my brother), but we never found him. I would've stayed longer, but... actually, the only real reason I left was because I was starting to run out of money and it was just me and my brother (the rest of my friends I invited were broke; however, interestingly enough, one of them--the one who initally urged me to go to PAX but backed out--won some tickets answering D&D-related questions on a radio show, and got two tickets) Also, I tire easily when bored.

Anyone else go today? You're probably in the background of one of my pictures...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5217 on: September 06, 2010, 01:30:46 AM »
So, I was online on Warioware DIY a few minutes ago, and I happened to notice one of the games I downloaded was by someone named Markio...I wonder...
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5218 on: September 07, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
College classes don't start until the 20th for me!

In other news, guess what IIII'm going to be watching a lot from now on?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5219 on: September 07, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Sex on an airplane?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print