Print

Author Topic: SCIENTOLOGY! WHAT YOU NEVER KNEW!!!!  (Read 16102 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 12:37:12 PM »
Let me clear this up: That episode of South Park was taken down because Isaac Hayes is a Scientologist, and didn't like their portrayal of it. The whole "closet" thing was actually more of a jab at R. Kelly, although they definately implied Tom Cruise was gay, mostly as a lighthearted joke. And it's legal to do so, under Parody Law, stating that it's okay to make fun of people because it's all in good fun.
every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 01:21:08 PM »
Isaac Hayes quit the show.  They wrote out the character Chef by turning him into "Darth Chef" in a Star Wars Episode III parody.  So they didn't stop showing the episode to please Isaac Hayes; he quit anyway.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 03:27:35 AM »
The reason that episode stopped showing has to do with Mission Impossible 3 commercials. But I can't remember the details. Something about some company owning some other company. I'm sure you can read about it online. Look it up, people. It's a fact.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »
This religion needs to stop.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »
"We shouldn't be mad at Chef, we should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »
It will die out after awhile, I just don't like the celebrity promotion of religions, it gets too out of hand.  Like Cabalism used to be a respected religion of the sort untill it was seen as a celeb fad.  Religions shouldn't be fads, they should be something you deeply beleive in, and something most sacred.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 08:28:58 PM »
I feel deeply about my religon, and I think some people take up Scientology or Cabalism to look cool. That's just sick.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »
Scientology, psh, that's so 2 weeks ago. The trendy religion with people now is Agnostic. It's atheism with a little hat and bowtie!

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 07:08:13 AM »
Do you think it's true that Scientologists come to people houses and harrases you?
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:31 AM »
I thought that was Jehova's Witnesses.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
Scientology, psh, that's so 2 weeks ago. The trendy religion with people now is Agnostic. It's atheism with a little hat and bowtie!
When Bertrand Russell was imprisoned in 1918 for his opposition to the war, the jailer, following prison routine, asked Russell for his religion. Russell said he was an agnostic. The jailer, after some initial bewilderment, brightened and said "I guess it's all right. We all worship the same God, don't we?"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »
I thought that was Jehova's Witnesses.

Did you know Prince was a Jehova's (sp) Witness? How awesome would that be, to have him show up at your door?

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »
Being agnostic is trendy? What are you referring to?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »
That video had creepy music, I didn't watch the whole thing.

Personally, I guess I don't believe in Scientology.  Dictionary.com didn't exactly enlighten me too much about what it was.

I'm not sure if Agnosticism is really a religion.  I'm mean I could see a person having the status of being unsure of God's existence for a long time, but for it to be a religion you'd probably have to think about your unsureness all the time.  I don't see how you can firmly say, "I am an agnostic, and I firmly believe that God may or may not exist."  It just seems too incomplete to be called a religion.  No offense to Agnostics, God's existence is a really tough subject.

As for Atheism, I wish the word itself didn't sound so assertive.  When a person says, "I'm an atheist", I always thought it sounded like that person must be looking down on those who believe in the existence of God.  But I'm sure that's not the case at all.  If you say, "I don't believe in God, personally", it sounds more normal.  Something about the way "atheist" sounds is odd.  No offense to Atheists either, it's your own choice to make, not mine.  There's gotta be a cooler word for it, though.  Like Seventh-Day Absentist or something.  But I guess that would apply to all that don't go to Sunday church.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print