Poll

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For
27 (67.5%)
Against
13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: For or Against?  (Read 57269 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »
'sup ;-P
~I.S.~

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »
^ Post of the Year nominee.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 10:40:46 PM »
...Well, then, back to the subject at hand:
I will say "for".  I see it as a matter of love, true and pure, that can exist between two people, regardless of such differences - or similarities - between them.

'Course, I realize that this is a rather idealistic standpoint, but 'tis my view on the matter.
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »
I must say, from a biological standpoint, it doesn't make any sense. But I can't say I really care what other people do with themselves, either. It doesn't affect me. However, the people going out of their way to bend over backwards in acceptance of homosexuals is a bit unnerving.
That was a joke.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 07:10:41 AM »
I am 100% against gay marriage. I am a Baptist and I know that it is written that men and women are supposed to be coupled together.

A quote from Genesis 2:

18- "And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him." 19- Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20- So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him."

21- "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22- Then the rib which the LORd God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man."

23- "And Adam said:
             "This is now bone of my bones
              And flesh of my flesh;
              She shall be called Woman,
              Because she was taken out of Man.""
24- "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

If you read this, I hope you get the point. I now these weren't the best verses to quote, and I will try to find better ones, but this is what I have. Please read.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
I am for Gay Marriage. Maybe the bible says it's wrong, but not everyone believes in the bible, and I think that making two people that love each other not be able to marry because a religion that they don't even believe in says they can't. In America, which claims to be a free place, not letting someone do something because of a religion is hipocracy.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »
Edited post because it's too hardcore.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:50:48 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »
If gay marriges were allowed, the human race would (almost) end.
How so?  Do you think people would "become" gay just because gay marriage were legal?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 10:56:26 AM »
No, he was saying "crap" because he has horrible luck and you just 100% doomed his life.
Yes, LD is correct.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »
The Bible is not the only holy book that discourages homosexualism, just incase nobody knew.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
If everyone became a homosexual, the world would eventually end, and I'm sure you know why. Sure, it would take an extremely long time (what with us having 6 billion on Earth and all) but yeah..................

I don't think that if they were allowed the world would end. There are WAY more heterosexuals in the world then gays.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
I like how some people are thinking armageddon would occur should gays be allowed to marry everywhere. Come on people, BE REAL here. Then again, if that's what you want to believe, and because you guys haven't been arguing my personal views, I should leave you alone.

Quote from: Chupperson Weird
the people going out of their way to bend over backwards in acceptance of homosexuals is a bit unnerving.
Well, seeing as I have a handful of friends who are gay, I feel some sort of need to support them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »
Gay marrige is:

1. Wrong
2. Sick
3. Is the opposite of everything in the Bible

If gay marriges were allowed, the human race would (almost) end.

Phoenix Wright disagrees.

Come on. It's one thing to be against something. It's another altogether to take a book whose accuracy is incredibly disputed, combine it with flat insult, and use it to berate people who disagree with you.

@Mr. Melee: Your argument at least has some substance to it, so I'll address it with a bit more seriousness. Let's hypothetically say that Genesis actually does accurately describe the start of the human race for a second. The passages you cite say that God promotes heterosexual relationships. That's all. Those passages actually don't seem to present any stance for or against gays. All they say is that God condones heterosexuality.

About it being unnatural... why exactly do animals that aren't humans exhibit gay behavior if it is a "learned" trait. I claim one sexual preference is determined entirely at birth. Although, if you feel strongly against gay relationships, you can try to change it. I know of one person on another forum who is openly bisexual but only dates women because of his religious beliefs. You can't "turn" someone gay. I'm not even sure if you can "turn" someone straight who is genetically inclined to be gay without much difficulty.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 03:08:32 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 04:00:16 PM »
I feel way weird around gay people. That is why I have no gay friends, and probably why I have no mercy for Gay Marrage.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
Although I didn't vote, all of my views on this subject were already stated for me by Insane Steve. He and I tend to share views on a lot of subjects.

Print