Print

Author Topic: Wario Land: The Shake Dimension Rated for Australia  (Read 22822 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
Nintendo's puns are like the Energizer Bunny:  They go on and on and on...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »
http://i25.tinypic.com/2dch8b8.jpg

Yep, Captain Syrup is back. And do I see...anime cutscenes?
Yes! Some prolific studio...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
Epic... A Wario OVA and a Wario Land game in one?! This game will own. (well atleast it will if they keep the transformations)
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
I liked Wario Land.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »
Wario Land 4 was my favorite.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 11:49:04 PM »
By that scan, it would appear that Captain Syrup's first name is Maple.  hahaha
You don't think it's the same Maple from Mario Golf, do you?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
No, because Captain Syrup and Maple are two different characters.

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »
OR ARE THEY?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
And this is the first Wario game to actually have a story.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
WRONG.

-Wario Land 1 was about Wario finding the Peach statue so he could blackmail Mario in return for castle funds. The statue was stolen by the pirates and hidden on Kitchen Island. At the end, Mario shows up and takes the statue, but Wario manages to pay off a genie with all the treasure he found to build him a castle anyway.

-Wario Land 2 was about Wario having his new castle invaded by the pirates from the last game and all of his treasure getting stolen. There's even cutscenes between each stage showing Wario chasing the pirates.

-Wario Land 3 had Wario getting sucked into a world inside a music box and having to find a bunch of treasures to release a god figure from imprisonment so he get sent back to his own world. The god figure turns out to be the game's real villain who was just using Wario as a means of returning.

-Wario Land 4 was about Wario reading an article in the paper about an ancient pyramid full of treasure, so he goes there and winds up saving a princess and stopping and evil she-demon in the process.

Did you even play these games?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:46 AM »
Have you ever seen Maple and Captain Syrup in the same room at the same time? I guess it's a little more likely than Stanley the Bugman, Stanley the Boo, and Stanley the Talking Fish all being the same person.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 07:22:16 AM »
WRONG.

-Wario Land 1 was about Wario finding the Peach statue so he could blackmail Mario in return for castle funds. The statue was stolen by the pirates and hidden on Kitchen Island. At the end, Mario shows up and takes the statue, but Wario manages to pay off a genie with all the treasure he found to build him a castle anyway.

-Wario Land 2 was about Wario having his new castle invaded by the pirates from the last game and all of his treasure getting stolen. There's even cutscenes between each stage showing Wario chasing the pirates.

-Wario Land 3 had Wario getting sucked into a world inside a music box and having to find a bunch of treasures to release a god figure from imprisonment so he get sent back to his own world. The god figure turns out to be the game's real villain who was just using Wario as a means of returning.

-Wario Land 4 was about Wario reading an article in the paper about an ancient pyramid full of treasure, so he goes there and winds up saving a princess and stopping and evil she-demon in the process.

Did you even play these games?

I haven't, but the story descriptions make me want to.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »
I guess I missed them.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »
How could you miss the first four Wario games?

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
I'm not sure but I have all three on carts.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:34:27 PM by nensondubois »

Print