Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG added to PAL Virtual Console  (Read 26926 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
Wii owners in Europe and Australia/New Zealand will finally be able to do something that once required importation: play Super Mario RPG.  The long-awaited game comes to Virtual Console on Friday (8/22) with a premium price of 900 Wii Points.  The Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 was also re-added to the available Virtual Console game list at 600 Wii Points.  There is no word on an American release date, the only region still waiting for Super Mario RPG.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
YES.

Finally, I can see what all the fuss is about. Assuming of course I finally get some Wii Points...

Still... America doesn't have it yet? That's strange; I assumed they would've got it before the PAL regions.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
Well, you guys never got it, period, so you probably do take precedence. Besides, they like to pretend it doesn't exist.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
Theres still Monday
hoohoo yes there is
Noy Duh

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
I want SMRPG out in the US just so I can play it and see what the fuss is about (same with Earthbound/Mother).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
Figures.  It comes out everywhere but where it's wanted the most.  The US.  WHY NINTENDO??
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »
Figures.  It comes out everywhere but where it's wanted the most.  The US.  WHY NINTENDO??

Well, pretty much all games come to the US before Europe, so thats why I never make a fuss when they get something before us.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

How do you know how much we want it compared to how much Europeans wanted it!? They never even had it before now!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
Normally, I'd agree with MushroomJunkie, but considering Europe never gets anything first...

...now, if it were Japan, on the other hand...

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
If you want it that bad, just buy the Snes version.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »
One thing I'll say for Europe--when I went to Harrods, on brief vacation in London, I spent a little extra time in the videogames department just so I could see what the backs of the boxes of all my Wii games would look like if they weren't effed up with all that trilingual junk. Now if they could just make the PAL logo(s) a little less obtrusive, I'd import the cases for all my games from England.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »
Good for them I guess. I personally am not that interested in SMRPG, I really wouldn't mind if it doesn't come here, but we know it will.

Well, you guys never got it, period, so you probably do take precedence. Besides, they like to pretend it doesn't exist.
Huh this is not Earthbound.

What makes you think that only Americans want Mario games?
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 07:36:51 AM »
Huh this is not Earthbound.
I don't get it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
Another game Nintendo likes to pretend doesn't exist.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
What I know about Europe is that English people are extremely nice and friendly and I like them very much.  There is these English people that visit the US every year and when they or you tell a joke they just crack up laughing which makes you start laughing by how funny they thought the joke was!  Yes a very outgoing people, which is good cause it breaks the ice.  I like to talk to English people very much, probably more than Americans.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Print