Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG Added to North American Virtual Console  (Read 26706 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
Finally.  I'm going to buy it within the hour.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
I heard the reason why North America still doesn't have SMRPG is due to how successful the Wii is here. The classics are meant to support the Wii, support which it apparently needs in Japan and Europe. Due to ludicrous demand here for the Wii, however, NOA isn't quite as motivated to release the highly anticipated games here as quickly as they are being released elsewhere.
Well, looks like I was wrong.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 06:18:18 PM »
GREAT! 250 GAMES MORE AND WE WILL GET ERFBAUN
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »
Isn't it URFBWND?
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »
GREAT! 250 GAMES MORE AND WE WILL GET ERFBAUN

XD That was funny.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
I own the original game, so the only reason I really cared if it showed up is just because I think Nintendo really needs to respect that game more (or whatever you call it when you, you know, acknowledge the existance of something).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 09:33:56 PM »
Good news: For me, nothing, but for everyone who has not played it, it's a good game, have fun with it.

Bad news: A new batch of "G-no is teh best need moar of him in samsh brothers!!" Pay no attention to his soulless lack of character development or background information--he's seriously really cool, not in the least bit predictable or cliche and really does deserve it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »
Well, I got it yesterday and played until about midnight.  I haven't done that since I beat Kingdom Hearts.  Do I like it better than KH?  I will never like a game better than KH.  Is it fun and a great way to spend $8?  Heck yeah.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
I've never played Kingdom Hearts.  I always assumed it was dumb because it had disney characters in it.  Maybe I should try it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »
All I really noticed about Kingdom Hearts was how horrendously repetitious the music was. And that's really odd.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
Good news: For me, nothing, but for everyone who has not played it, it's a good game, have fun with it.

Bad news: A new batch of "G-no is teh best need moar of him in samsh brothers!!" Pay no attention to his soulless lack of character development or background information--he's seriously really cool, not in the least bit predictable or cliche and really does deserve it.

Couldn't have summed up my feelings better. SMRPG is good, just not that good - and Geno isn't good at all. :)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »
I'm confused.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »
I will never like a game better than KH.
I used to think that... about SMRPG! XD XD XD

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »
I've never played Kingdom Hearts.  I always assumed it was dumb because it had disney characters in it.  Maybe I should try it.

That's the only reason to play it. But they'll never make up for not having a Cobra Jafar boss battle.

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
It's about time!

.. ironically, though, I have been playing the game on my wife's sister's Snes whenever we go to her mom's. They like to watch people play games, and I like to play games.

They know other game systems exist, but they have never been one to buy newer systems. In fact, they would probably still just have the Snes if the girls didn't all grow up and get boy friends.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print