Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 3 Coming in 2009  (Read 72345 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 12:54:26 PM »
Definitely buying it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
It would also appear we are getting an updated Mario Paint:

Wait, isn't that the new WarioWare? The one where you can apparently make your own games?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:09 PM »
Yes it is.

This game already looks better than Partners in Time. Hopefully this is the true sequel we've been waiting for since the GBA classic.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »
Nintendo just got epic again.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »
Yay, new game announcement!

I liked SS better than PiT, but the latter still introduced a lot of good elements I hope they implement in this game (improved sound, new gameplay gimmicks, darker story, etc.) Though, I'd like to see the return of the pseudo-free-roaming map, Bros. Attacks, Mario not looking like he's having a hangover when he's walking, and probably some other stuff I forgot. I really want them to ditch the map on the screen you're not playing on; it makes areas too linear and level-based. Then again, they could always pull it off correctly by allowing the map to scroll freely or some such...

From those screenshots alone, it looks like a sort of combination of the styles of the previous two games. Which leads me to the interesting thought...M&L1 was bright and funny, and M&L2 was more dark and serious, so...could Nintendo be planning to combine both styles in a super-wham-bam-diggity-awesome finisher to the trilogy? Or at least the game that'll make the series a trilogy if they're not going to stop here.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 03:12:29 PM »
I'll have to keep an eye on this. That'll be all.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Nice! I'm DEFINITELY going to get this no matter what! Thanks for telling us about this!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Question: Why is it always good if Mario games have "darker" stories? Those are always the games that I like less. What Mario games need are off-the-wall settings, not "dark" ones.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »
Agreed. :D I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one. It looks awesome.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
Well, I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't be finishing the series. It's still a fat cow to milk.

And...HOLY BEJEEZUS!

Are there any Japanese members who can tell us some of the words from the Toad bubble?

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
I think "dark" Mario stories are cool as long as they don't get Sonic at it.

I am excited at all this news. I will get his game, and I still have to get wario land...
(lol@ the people who though that Nintendo was dying)
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
Check out this Youtube Official Video!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6oZsgvxO30

Looks like Fawful at 0:25!!!

Fawful beams seem to destroy Bowser's Castle...

Bowser seems to be a permanant character. Has special attacks.

Nerr-GACK!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:22:37 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 04:43:03 PM »
The only things that worry me on sight at this point are the Bros. Attacks (I really didn't like how they were pretty much the only thing to use if you didn't want a boss battle to take three hours in PiT. Still, with no babies, it could be better) and the being-inside-Bowser thing (already done in PiT, people).

Everything else looks promising. "Cautious pessimism" here, as I said once before.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »
Let's hope the body navigating doesn't end like in PiT... :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 04:49:49 PM »
What! I was glad when it ended. An entire game involving exploding Bowser's innards sounds lame. Nah, I'm kidding, I understand what you meant. I'm glad they aren't doing "Mario Bros. plus babies plus Wario Bros!!!!!!!!!" That's what you might call... overdoing it.

I don't want to have to buy a DSi, so this being a normal DS game is cool with me. Except Mario & Luigi need L and R which would force me to play it on my old DS. But if the Lite gets a price drop, I might get a new one.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print