Print

Author Topic: DSi Ware Titles Announced in Japan  (Read 13884 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »
The first DSi Ware titles, downloadable software for Nintendo's currently Japan-only handheld, have been announced.  Included is Chotto Dr. Mario, yet another rendition of the Nintendo action puzzler.  The game features classic single player and Vs. COM modes.  Also upcoming is Utsusu Made in Wario, a new Wario Ware game, which in true Wario Ware fashion, features gameplay that revolves around the latest Nintendo technology.  In this case, at least one of the DSi's built in cameras is used to control the microgames.  Both games launch with the service on December 24th and will cost 500 points.

Link: Game Watch
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:05:31 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 03:32:49 PM »
Link to a translated version of the source, plz.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 05:16:30 PM »
I heard about this a little bit back... A digi-distributed WarioWare? If it's going to be a traditional WarioWare game I'm not sure why that's necessary, but I figure it's because the game is probably is about making your own games and little else--and, if it was store-bought, people could play it on a normal DS and weird things up. So I guess that means games that take advantage of the DSi's new features'll be sold as DSiWare? ...Well, works for me!

I figure there'd be more than two, though, especially considering Dr. Mario is about neck-and-neck now with Mario Bros. as the Most-Unnecessarily-Remade (but by no means bad) Mario game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
Finally, we know what you can get with the DSi. I am still debating on whether or not to get the DSi.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »
DSi currently doesn't have a solid release date in the US yet.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
The only thing I do not like is that you can't play game Boy Games on it nevermind GBA games. There was that weird camera thing that could warp people's faces which is highly morbid which makes me less motivated to buy it.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
I can't remember the last time I played a GBA game in my DS.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »
I don't care that they got rid of it, actually. It decreases the DS's size even further and the GBA is history anyway. Besides, the people who care about backwards compatability usually own the original system to begin with (as for the folks who sold their SPs to finance a DS Phat back in the day... what can I say, I'm glad I keep all my hardware).

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
There were so many great games for the gameboy it's a wounder Nintendo stopped supporting their best handheld.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »
Given that the DSi has 256 MB flash memory, maybe a VC will be available for the DSi-- Game Boy games are usually no larger than a megabyte.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
Umm... wasn't that already confirmed? It was at least talked of...

There were so many great games for the gameboy it's a wounder Nintendo stopped supporting their best handheld.
Indeed, it wounds me deeply.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »
Bwahahaha.

Seriously though, most Game Boy games make me wonder how it stayed afloat. There are excellent titles here and there, but until Advance (and even then) most of the games are not actually fun.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »
Tetris and Pokemon, my friend, Tetris and Pokemon.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »
Wario Land, Chupperson. You will never understand. Ever.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »
Game Boy was on top before either Pokemon or Wario Land appeared. And neither of them are particularly great either. Maybe I'm just coming from a future perspective since I didn't own a GB in the early 90s and thus am accustomed to games with good controls. And before you say anything else, I have played the Wario Lands.
That was a joke.

Print