Print

Author Topic: Allow All Discussions  (Read 48878 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
The sad truth is that you actually can't buy a sarcasm detector.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
So you were being sarcastic huh? -.-

Theres so much sarcasm around here that its more lying than it is sarcasm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
Listen, I'm all for the cause and the activism and all, but "leaving until I get what I want" kind of defeats the purpose...
I don't think it's "leaving until I get what I want" so much as it is "leaving because this community has changed for the worse." I prefer to stay and fight, but whatever.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »
This has gone too far with neither Deezer nor MEGAߥTE responding to the complaints of the entire community. Following Glorb and EM, I'm also leaving until this place gets rid of the fascist political rule and pointless post deleting. If you care about the Fungi Forums, I encourage you to leave them too.

-Lizard Dude

If everyone left, who will fight? This whole dilemma is more extreme than I thought...And for such a righteous cause, it's pretty messed up that neither MB or Deezer reply yet.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »
Glorb and LD were my mortal enemies. What am I to say about this?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »
1. If everybody who wanted to talk politics that badly did that, there' be no one left who wanted to, so the rule wouldn't be bothering anyone.
2. The rule is to not talk politics, with a consequence likely being a ban. If you're never coming back, that's not that different from being banned. So you're not helping the cause that much.
QFT. As they say, "I have chosen to stay and fight".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2008, 03:15:53 AM »
Hello, everyone.

The next logical step seems to be nominating a member who supports freedom of speech on the Fungi Forums to submit a PM to key staff members (i.e. Deezer and Mß), seeing as this topic has yet to generate any recognition.  For all we know, neither Deezer nor Mß have read this topic, possible reasons for which being too numerous to bother speculating.

Two points:

• The PM should be sent once, by one member only.  We do not want to bother staff members; we only wish for the problem to be recognized (along with the reasonable expectation that possible solutions then be given attention).
  • The PM should not be a mere link to this topic but a short and concise summary of the problem.  It might be worth mentioning Glorb, Eclipsed Moon, and Lizard Dude having left in protest--not as leverage against the staff, saying, "Look, we already lost three members, and we don't want to lose more," but as a simple sign of the problem's significance.  For a related Confucian anecdote, click here.

We should agree here upon a member to send this PM.  Logically, having started this topic, this member would be Lizard Dude.  In his absence, however, someone else needs to step up to the task.  The PM should be reviewed and critiqued here before formal submission.

I expect the process to take a few days, during which this topic might be closed, or the staff might even revoke this heinous ban.  Anything can happen, but should the unthinkable come about, and this topic be locked with bans imposed upon those who would create more freedom of speech topics, I implore all concerned parties to send a PM to me.  I will regroup and organize our efforts from there.

Lastly, I should mention that--in direct contrast to the three members who have already left--I will be staying on the Fungi Forums until this problem is solved (and encourage all others to do so, too).  Also, could anyone who frequents the chatroom mention whether Glorb, Eclipsed Moon, or Lizard Dude have been online?  Even better, could you mention this post and ask them to consider returning?

Thank you.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »
I'm staying too.  I personally don't care anything about not being able to post my political belifs on TMK but I am troubled by few of our forum members leaving because of it (esspecially PL).  I will write that PM and have you and some others review it to make sure it's good if no one else who is better fit for such a job decide to take it.

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »
Thanks, MJ.  I knew your custom rank was right when it said you were serious.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2008, 09:03:04 AM »
I won't be leaving either.  This is the first message board I've found in five years where people pay attention to spelling and grammar rules!  But more than that, I want to see this problem resolved, not go away and pretend it doesn't exist.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008, 09:32:40 AM »
Staying. DeadAwake, knowing from doing this before, when it comes to banhammering, talking about it to MB or Deezer will almost always have you ignored. Although, if MaxVance is fighting against this (Hes a freaking staff infection.), then I think its time for change.

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
I am and always have been a freedom of speech advocate enough to the point where I would get annoyed when people in real life get arrested for saying something offensive. But there is the understanding of other people's feelings that lead to the problems in the first place that everyone forgets. I'm leaving too unless the forum policy changes to allow free speech.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:20:49 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »
I want to see this problem resolved, not go away and pretend it doesn't exist.
We're not pretending it doesn't exist. The idea is that if a lot of people leave, Deezer and co would then be forced to change the rules or else be left with a completely dead forum. Think of it like a strike.

And yes, I'm leaving too.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
These are bad times for the Fungi Forums.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:47:16 PM by MushroomJunkie »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
EDIT: Created this post by accident lol.

Print