Print

Author Topic: Forums upgrade  (Read 27108 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:14 AM »
We just upgraded to the long-awaited SMF version 2.0. Unfortunately, this broke the old FF theme. If you switch to the old theme you won't be able to switch back, so please be patient while we fix stuff.

Edit: The old FF theme has been disabled because in its current state it will log several errors for each pageview.

Edit2: I've cleaned up the default theme a bit. Avatars and smileys are available in the SMF Curve and Core themes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:25:54 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:21 AM »
This also affects people who selected the Default theme as opposed to the ff theme, as since the default theme changes to Curve, it will change it for you automatically.

At least I can see the smileys again.  ;D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:48:39 AM »
At least I can see avatars again.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »
I believe SMF2 supports mobile stylesheets, so if possible, can we get that integrated into a black-grey-blue theme? It'd be perfect if I could use the classic look but not have it be terrible on my phone.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »
Is there some sort of page where we can list glitches or something with the upgrade? Like a glitch FAQ, so to speak?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
I only use the default FF theme (black background and whatnot), so I was somewhat alarmed to see this come up. It's... scary!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
The old FF theme has been disabled because in its current state it will log several errors for each pageview.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
Yeah I was a bit confused with the HAX000RED last night.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »
Well, it's certainly giving me a new perspective on things.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
Can't see avatars anymore...?

:(

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »
I've cleaned up the default theme a bit. Avatars and smileys are available in the SMF Curve and Core themes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »
So wait was the l33t (b0tch3d) h4xx1ng for real or was it a joke while you upgraded the forums
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
Just a joke. "HAX0RED" is our maintenance mode message, and there were supposed to be a bunch of these images http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/1/0/e103217e94a83b8bf699f335e4a33be4.gif but the coding was messed up.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
The old FF theme has been disabled because in its current state it will log several errors for each pageview.
Could you at least make one that looks like the old theme. I really liked the Mario theme over the "some random fourm" theme.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
Yeah, I was kinda cool with it when the avatars were up and running (nostalgia for the Nintendo fan site I used to go to, I guess), but now it's just... cold. And barren!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
Could you at least make one that looks like the old theme. I really liked the Mario theme over the "some random fourm" theme.
That's the plan.

Yeah, I was kinda cool with it when the avatars were up and running (nostalgia for the Nintendo fan site I used to go to, I guess), but now it's just... cold. And barren!
Don't forget, you can change your theme to "SMF Default Theme - Curve" to enable avatars.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
I would have used the customized FF theme if it had supported avatars and were more brightly coloured. If not for the Mario-themed icons, that theme made Fungi Forums more reminiscent of a drug-dealing board than a Nintendo fan forum.

...Of course, being hosted on a site called The Mushroom Kingdom, it could go either way.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »
Site contest to design the next forum theme? With fungus stickers as prizes?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 11:45:20 PM »
Fungus stickers that, if David's "make a radio promo" contest is any indication, you'll never receive.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 12:53:51 AM »
I only use the default FF theme (black background and whatnot), so I was somewhat alarmed to see this come up. It's... scary!
I felt my eyes burn because I am not used to bright colors on dark text here. XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »
Alright, you can now switch to the new old-school FF theme, currently called "FF beta." Since I still need to tighten up the graphics on level 3, it's not the default theme yet. Please try it out and let me know of any problems!

Known bugs:
The CAPTCHA doesn't jive with the personal messages page, so members with less than 5 qualifying posts will not be able to send personal messages. This bug affects all themes.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
Avatar state, yip yip! support!  Yesss

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:21 PM »
Avatar state, yip yip! support!  Yesss
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, now that you have the option of disabling avatars in your profile settings, I have it set to display them by default.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Well, not sure if it's intentional or not, but I can't click the 1-Up Mushroom next to the title of a thread with unread posts to go to the first unread post anymore.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
Well, not sure if it's intentional or not, but I can't click the 1-Up Mushroom next to the title of a thread with unread posts to go to the first unread post anymore.
Fixed.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »
Right on, thanks Deez!

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
I hope you don't flag this as spam, but how do you change the theme?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick

If that link doesn't work for you go to your profile then click the look and layout link on the left.  I think the first line is for the current theme and has something like (change) next to it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
I finally switched to FF beta and it feels gooood. After I turned off the horrific avatars that is.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 02:04:12 AM »
Your avatar helps your posts carry a certain matter-of-factness to the point I can take them seriously
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 02:21:10 AM »
Yours does the exact opposite, BP.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:10 AM »

Avatars also let you easily see who posted.  It's not a big deal here since the forum is so small, but on big forums it may be hard to remember all the names. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:50:14 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »
Ah, yes, the beta's much better. And yeah, as someone with a short attention span, I definitely appreciate the extra level of identification an avatar provides.

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
Huh, I just noticed that the active users listings now identify search engine spiders by name.

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »
I like how Baidu (China's leading search engine) sometimes scans Fungi Forums, presumably patrolling for anti-Chinese sentiments.

FREE CHINA
CAPITALISM IS FUTURE

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
I forget if that one time I complained about Bumpers in Smash Bros. Brawl making an annoying CHINK noise made it into Classic Quotes
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »
Whoa...I haven't been here in awhile.  What happened?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »
Are the buttons in the attachment below still broke for everyone?

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
Dang, I guess I have to change my horrible avatar that no one could see for three years now.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »
Not the ones everyone who isn't a Moderator has.  Unless I'm missing something...?

Dang, I guess I have to change my horrible avatar that no one could see for three years now.
?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:58 PM »
I'm not even sure how you're seeing those button graphics in the FF beta theme. Were you using a different theme recently? Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:38 AM »
Changing themes a couple of times fixed it.  (It was messed up on all browsers and deleting cache and cookies had no effect.)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
I changed my avatar to reflect my new favorite (seemingly) 4chan-exclusive meme.

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »
Whoa, I had some of those. And they came with accessories like policeman hats and stuff.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
I was caught off guard when I found out our avatars are finally viewable on threads, but I love it!
Oh dear.  I've had this avatar since high school.  Should I change it, or are some things worth keeping?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
I'm seeing those same buttons, Luigison, and changing themes back and forth didn't seem to fix it. In fact, I think clearing my browser cache might be what brought on the different buttons.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
I switched your theme from FF beta to board default. Did that fix it?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
I've had the same avatar for five years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 10:50:37 PM »
Nope, doesn't look like it's fixed.

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 12:56:13 AM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 04:31:30 AM »
Can you explain it for me
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Signature images.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »
Mine will be the best, by the way.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
If the Fungi Forums ever have signature images, they will have them without me. 

I hate forums that have huge signature images for every post.  It's especially annoying for posts of a single word.  I don't won't to scroll through all that useless garbage to read a thread.  Avatars I agree with, but image signatures are dukar. 

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
Signature images are a waste of time and bandwidth (moreso than avatars), and I find the "two lines max, text only, Final Destination" format to be more aesthetically pleasing.

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
If the Fungi Forums ever have signature images, they will have them without me. 

I hate forums that have huge signature images for every post.  It's especially annoying for posts of a single word.  I don't won't to scroll through all that useless garbage to read a thread.  Avatars I agree with, but image signatures are dukar.
Signature images are a waste of time and bandwidth (moreso than avatars), and I find the "two lines max, text only, Final Destination" format to be more aesthetically pleasing.
*facepalm*
You do realize that there will probably be a limit on size.

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
The vid was made about sigs, but I linked it as commentary on the people who turn avatars on here. Same diff: a useless image on every post is a useless image on every post.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
That... was a really well-made video, actually. I still love the YTMND one with Pokemon cards, though.

Meanwhile... I don't like sig images, but I do like avatars.

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »
I don't mind avatars, but I wouldn't care if they were removed.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
At some point in the last month or two, all the buttons except the ones all the way at the top stopped showing up for me (I've tried in all of my browsers, including my phone and my 3DS). Now I keep worrying that I'm gonna hit the wrong one and delete someone's topic.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
Don't touch any of the very bottom ones and you'll be fine. Which browsers did you test it on?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
In Chrome and Maxthon, on the 3DS, and on Maxthon Mobile and the default Android browser on my phone, they're broken images; in Firefox they're replaced with text; and in Opera and IE, they're broken images with text.

And it's only in the default FF theme. The ugly boring white themes work fine.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:11:15 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »
Since when did CrossEyed get mod powers? Should we be worried?

THERE IS NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. CROSSEYED WILL BE AN EXCELLENT MODERATOR.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:33:08 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
I think I fixed the broken buttons issue. If anyone is still having problems, please let me know.

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
I typically only see three buttons at the upper right of any given post: anchor, advice block, and Goomba

Edit: and when I edit, the pen/scroll icon appears, but I don't get the bomb. I've seen it on older posts, so.. I don't know..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
Bomb shouldn't show up anymore for anyone who isn't a mod. It's used to delete posts.

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »
Are topic names changeable now?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:10:21 PM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
Oh. I was sure that I've seen it under some previous form of the FF though..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
Spoiler tag update: You can now click (and hold) on spoiler text to un-spoiler it. Also, links inside spoiler tags will now be hidden as well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:41:01 PM by Deezer »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 04:12:11 AM »
Awesome update.  One less site to use Stylish on. 

Print