Print

Author Topic: How Did You Discover TMK?  (Read 29782 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
About two years ago, I was searching around on Google for information on random video games, and it came up with a link to TMK. Just being curious, I followed the link, and ended up here. I mainly liked the Mariopedia, but on my birthday last year, I decided to try out the forums. Actually, what brought me to the forums was a thread about the Secret Page. I wanted to post in that thread, but never actually ended up posting in it. Odd, huh? Anyway, TMK is actually what got me really into Mario. I think that's pretty cool.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
Yeah, I really wonder what my life would have been like had I never come to TMK.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
My first post, so why not discuss my history with this site?

My family had moved into our new house in summer 2000, and we had finally gotten the internet. Being the Nintendo nut that I was, I decided to look for some Nintendo sites that were not fan made. I stumbled upon this site, and became an avid reader. =)
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2007, 05:07:18 PM »
I can use this thread to my advantage to try and find out an answer to a question whilst contributing to the thread.

I found out about this website when I googled Mr. Bungle Super Mario Theme. And my question related to that is:
Where were Mr. Bungle when the mp3 of the overworld theme hosted on the website was recorded? Was it San Francisco? I can't find the full version of it if it was. If anyone knows how to get the full version of the mp3 hosted on this website, please tell me.

It was about a month after finding out about the website that I decided to join the forum. I'm on another Mario forum too, but that one doesn't seem as active (which is the reason I joined this one).

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »
Well, about few years ago, I was searching for n64 cheats, and I discovered the TMK.Net. But I didn't become a member until a few days ago.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »
Where were Mr. Bungle when the mp3 of the overworld theme hosted on the website was recorded? Was it San Francisco?
We have multiple Mr. Bungle recordings.
1989.12.28 - Guerneville, CA
1990.05.27 - San Francisco, CA
1991.01.13 - Berkeley, CA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:44:11 PM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
I found this place by looking up glitches in games. I really liked TMK, so I joined the forums.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
I believe I joined the Fungi Forums when I saw this weird game that had a Mario cameo, and I made my first topic about it.

For the people who want to criticize my and view how much I was a noob at that time, feel free to click this link.

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=8411.msg79139

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:31 AM »
AhahahhaahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaHAHAAHAHHAAHAHaha at my post in that thread.

I rented Mario Party advance and stopped playing it about 10 minutes in because it sucked.

- "Rented." + "Pirated."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »
Might as well lie since you're already stealing.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
Ouch!

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
i heard about it first from my friend shyguy 92
There is no spoon.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:41 PM »
It was mid-late 2001, and we had just gotten dial-up in our house. Lousy ISP, Surferz; pretty much impossible to load anything after 6 PM because the servers were overloaded. Still, I would procrastinate from doing schoolwork by AltaVista-ing (I'm not sure I'd even heard of Google at the time) Mario stuff all day. There were, of course, plenty of Angelfire sites that played Culex's battle theme as soon as you opened the page, but a few sites stood out from the rest. TMK was one of them, along with SMBHQ, NintendoLand, and World-of-Nintendo.com; and TMK quickly revealed itself to be the best Mario site out there. SMBHQ was close, especially back when NC was updating (I remember seeing most of the Bill & Fred series when they first came out), but nothing could top TMK. Especially once NintendoLand stopped updating and World-of-Nintendo.com shut down.

Now I'm going into nostalgia mode... I remember JJ answering mailbags, and then the guy that wrote a poem that compared JJ to "a pregnant woman who forgot to take her Midol"; I remember SMBHQ's hiatus; I remember back when Luigi in SM64 seemed somewhat feasible...

I remember following the name changes from Mario Story to Paper Mario Story (and Deezer pointing out the acronym, even though I didn't know what PMS was at the time) to just Paper Mario; I remember when the Dolphin was called the StarCube; I remember seeing pictures of the 100 Marios demo; I remember the sheer awe at the first screenshots of Melee; I remember when I first saw screenshots of Luigi's Mansion, I said "How are they doing these graphics? It can't be polygons, they're too smooth!"

For some reason, though, I didn't join the Fungi Forums until 2006. Although I think I may have joined before that, but then forgot both my password and the email address that I signed up with before even making any posts, and didn't get around to making another account for a while. Shame, too, because I can't fully appreciate this.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »
That last screen is really horrible.
That was a joke.

Print