Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy review already? [Update]  (Read 5368 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:51:48 PM »

Update: Nintendo have confirmed this review is fake. Read all about it here.

Belgian gaming magazine "Gunk" seems to have already fully played and reviewed Super Mario Galaxy in their latest issue. While the exact content of the review is unknown at this time, the summary posted by a neogaf member states that the magazine didn't find anything wrong with the game, except the fact that it missed Wii's launch. What's more strange is that no specific pros or cons are mentioned in the review, and this magazine is notorious for posting reviews of games they have not played. The magazine gave it a 92/100.

I'll leave it up to our fine readers to debate the validity of this review!

Link: neogaf.com
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:28:21 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
this magazine is notorious for posting reviews of games they have not played.
I wouldn't trust it one bit.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »
Sounds like Francis is the editor-in-chief.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »
Heh.. Yea, Neogaf.com is the real Digibutter.nerr
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 10:40:02 PM »
Either Mario Galaxy real is that good or this is fake...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
Probably both.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »
Nintendo says this is fake (as if it wasn't obvious) -- magazine reviewers won't get to play it until Oct 10 at the earliest.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
I thought the release date was in November? Doesn't Japan get it first, then America and then Europe? Or are they going to pull a Minish Cap and release it in Europe after Japan and then America?
Canada, eh? '87

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 07:12:20 PM »
I can't believe a magazine would do that. Granted, the score's probably not far off, but SHAMEFUL...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print