Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Latiku confirmed as...Assist Trophy!  (Read 5151 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: October 03, 2007, 01:21:28 AM »

Before he was filming Mario's adventures or pulling karts out of water, Latiku was known for one thing: Annoying players by throwing Spinys at them. It seems he is going to be doing just that in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, except this time as an Assist Trophy. The update also mentioned that other 8-bit characters will reprise their roles (Excitebike was the focus of the update) and make appearances as Assist Trophies. Any suggestions/predictions readers?

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
There should be a pixelated 1-Up Mushroom that gives you an extra stock.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
Or an extra point to your KO score if it was Time Mode.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »
I always thought the 1-up Mushroom should be an item. I figured the game needed more big game-breaker items. Wario's Chopper and Mario's FLUDD come to mind, but those ended up being special moves.

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:20:04 AM »
I love the retro look Lakitu, but I hope those spinies won't be hard to get rid of!

As for other AT's I'd like to see that Shroob with the giant lollipops from M&L:PiT.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:21:39 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 07:06:47 PM »
I wonder how they decide which ones to do 2D. If you ask me, this is cool, but it might be just as cool if they had Brawl graphics. Just sayin'.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Yeah, NES sprite assist trophies strikes me as laziness too...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 08:13:56 PM »
I predict Phanto. it'll give chase to whomever picks his trophy.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »
Phanto has always been a favorite enemy to me. If he appears, I'd be extremely excited, like in Super Paper Mario (reference only).

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »
I think sprite AT's are great! Not only do they have that wonderful distraction factor, they pay homage to an era of bygone gaming, when graphics weren't everything (not that they are, mind).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print