Print

Author Topic: Iwata Asks: Mario Kart Wii Explains Series Origin  (Read 5279 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »

Nintendo has published an interview Iwata conducted with three of the developers for the upcoming Mario Kart Wii title. The interview is full of interesting tidbits on the Mario Kart Series as a whole, with revelations to those unfamiliar or new to the series. Here's a snippet:

Iwata:   Why did you decide on using Mario?
Konno: Well, in the very first prototype, there was a guy in overalls sitting in the kart.
Iwata:   Wait just a minute! I can't let that slip by. Did you just say a guy in overalls?
Konno:  Sounds like Mario, doesn't it? It wasn't like I forgot to put Mario's beard on him or something, though… (laughs)

To read more, and get the details on a "golden" Mario Kart Wii Wheel, check out the interview below!

Link: wii.com
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:54:42 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »
Well, there was always some guy in overalls in most of the old Nintendo games, so I guess that shouldn't come as much of a surprise.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
Yeah, this was a good interview, and those are some interesting prototypes for the wii wheel, although I don't see Nintendo using it past this game, unfortunately...
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:15:32 AM »
Quote from: Ashida
Since it would be sort of sad if there were nothing but a screw there, we thought it would be more fun for people watching someone play if there was a blue ring on it.
(laughs)

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
Konno: a new character has joined in from Super Mario Galaxy

Hmmm I wonder who that could be...       *cough ROSALINA cough*
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
While I'm 98% expecting Rosalina, I would not be entirely surprised if it was Dino Piranha, as a partner for Petey. That would be stupid, though.

Still hoping for Pauline and Stanley.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »
No, it's totally going to be Bouldergeist.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print