Print

Author Topic: Real Life Mario Kart ... with Real Items ... that Really Work ... for Real!  (Read 6293 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:57:02 AM »
A pack of mad scientists at Waterloo Labs have managed to do the seemingly impossible: they've created real life Mario Kart.  Marvel at the way their cars spin out and crash when hit with foam Koopa shells.  Gasp as lightning bolts send all the other karts into a crawl.  Stare in awed amazement as mushrooms send karts zipping down the track.

If you watch one YouTube video today, make it this one.

YouTube Link: Real Life Mario Kart - Waterloo Labs
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:56:41 AM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
Kewl.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »
Impressive!

* Toad waits for go cart parks with this feature to open
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
I'm afraid the only [safe] way you're going to get people flying when hit by stars and shells and such is VR, though.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
Yes yes a million times yes!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
I'm afraid the only [safe] way you're going to get people flying when hit by stars and shells and such is VR, though.
Or you could just go for Super Mario Kart mechanics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
He said "flying" though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »
Hence the suggestion of SMK mechanics. Because then no flying would be involved.

But you have to have known that and have to have known what Mß meant so I'm trying to figure out what purpose you thought saying that served.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:46 AM »
Well Suffix suggested that was the only safe way to get people flying. Not flying at all isn't really a way to get people flying, let alone a safe way.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
I've raced on that track before. It's about 50 miles south of where I live.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:28 PM »
Yes, "not flying" isn't really a replacement for "flying," but I will admit to have overlooked original SMK mechanics, mostly because I was trying to imagine a situation in which drivers who were wiping out would not impede the poor people who they might run into. Isn't the point of the star item to enjoy a rapid advance without colliding with other players? Rather, ramming other players is the preferred strategy.

In the end though, I think this track is just too narrow to do Mario Kart justice.

Print