Print

Author Topic: Mario vs Sonic in the cold  (Read 8409 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »
Sega Sammy didn't exist until like last year, long after they started using the 3D Sonic models.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
Normally, I'd be sticking up for Shadow, a character who seems to be underrated on this board because he's too "overrated" (I like him nonetheless), but I really don't think he should be in a sports game, so... yeah.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 09:26:41 AM »
Shadow's popularity really confuses me. Do people like him (evidenced by things like how much demand there was for him in Brawl, how excited fans were when he was shown to be an assist trophy, how well-received it was when Syntax Error hacked Sonic into him, how crushed they were when Syntax Error closed, how high the demand for him was following, how angry people were when Androu unveiled Shadowchu, and how pleased they were when Elite Smash Hackers put out their HEDHEOG) or not (evidenced by pretty much everything else on the Internet)? Maybe I'm in a peculiar crowd...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
Normally, I'd be sticking up for Shadow, a character who seems to be underrated on this board because he's too "overrated" (I like him nonetheless), but I really don't think he should be in a sports game, so... yeah.

Forget "overrated". He's a ruined heap of a character. It's bad enough he fit into the cliched "evil twin" role in his debut (which was already occupied by Metal Sonic no less), but when he actually showed some strong character and sacrificed himself, they go and they bring him back from the dead with no explanation, then give him his own game which completely contradicts everything we already knew about his personality in addition to complicating his backstory even more.

Seriously, what's there to like?

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
EDIT: I actually kinda like Shadow...but since the Sonic series as a whole has kind of gone down hill, I've stopped paying attention to him. I was kind of critical of him before I edited this post (I know, go ahead and hate me), but he's alright.

I will admit that Tails is extremely likable and downright cute in the old Sonic cartoons.

I pretty much like all of Robotnik's incarnations. Especially the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Robotnik (I know, go ahead and hate me some more).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:16:15 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
I don't know who could possibly hate you for liking "Adventures" Robotnik.  Especially compared to "Current" Robotnik (Eggman).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »
The Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is often associated with the internet meme "PINGAS" and plenty of people on this site hate memes in general.

That's not what I like him for, though. He's extremely hilarious and voiced by the legendary Long John Baldry. Baldry brought a lot of life and energy to the character.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »
All this talk about Shadow and Sonic REALLY leaves Mario out in the cold. Eggman looked his best in SA2. I like Shadow because of his subdued personality, but after I learned that he was just another clone (of a thousand other Shadows), it made me think of him as a pitiful, confused, enraged, revenge-seeking hedgehog looking for an identity that he already had. It's just that SEGA messed with it...a lot.

"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print