Print

Author Topic: What happens to underage members?  (Read 38036 times)

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2007, 05:10:54 PM »
OK well my son really likes this Forum. He thinks the world of the people he has met here and I was the one that told him he could sign up. Because I think a lot of the postings here are informational and entertaining and suitable to his maturity level (which I have seen in a lot of posts, it's been where he has gotten most of his ideas). I just didn't think it was a real nice way of saying what the person wanted to say when they put that tag on him. Even older folk can get emotional about such things as that.He didn't really mind the tag so much but it doesn't speak real high of the maturity level of the one that put it there. I was a little more upset about it than he was really. I can understand why you wouldn't want certain information given out on-line about kids too which is why I am always watching what he posts and what gets posted to him because it all seems to come to my email address :) Like I said we both really like the place and if he gets kicked off because of what I said then I'm sorry to him in advance.
Dragons roam my dreams!

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »
Because most kids do not get permission from their parents and instead lie on the page that verifies whether they are 13 or older.  US law requires us to collect written verification from a parent.  Verbal permission is not sufficient, especially when it involves falsifying the forum sign-up process.

And since I see that you're talking about your own son, he honestly hasn't shown enough maturity to be posting here, but so far we've been relaxed and haven't outright banned him yet.
That doesn't really answer my question about the white captions.
Dragons roam my dreams!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2007, 05:32:20 PM »
The captions are what we call "custom titles." For the regular members, they are mainly given out as jokes. (Look at mine.) We understand this, and we like them. New members that have something about them that we don't like will get bad ones that usually pertain to whatever it is that we don't like about them. As for what you said about the maturity level of the posts here, there is the problem. Your son's posts are not up to this level. Our community needs a certain level of maturity, and we do not want those who are under it. I hate to say all this so bluntly, but there really is no other way.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2007, 05:32:29 PM »
Basically, some of the staff here like to get their jollies by giving degrading Custom Titles to members that annoy them in some way. Yes, it's a rude policy and rather immature.

« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
Basically, some of the staff here like to get their jollies by giving degrading Custom Titles to members that annoy them in some way. Yes, it's a rude policy and rather immature.
This is a legitimate answer to my question and a very truthful one from what I have seen. As for what Maxine or Max whatever said I understand what you are saying as well and to put it bluntly as you say his maturity level is as good as some and not as malicious as others. Though like I had said earlier there are a lot of good posters here and there is a lot of useful information along with the fun and wacky a community is based on the strengths and weakness of its members.
Dragons roam my dreams!

« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
As for what Maxine or Max whatever said I understand what you are saying as well and to put it bluntly as you say his maturity level is as good as some and not as malicious as others.

Haw haw, he called Max Maxine...

EDIT: Ah, didn't notice the CT.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
Whoops no offense by that because when I was posting I couldn't remember his name other than it started out with Max and had some other letters behind it so I thought that maybe it was Maxine since I couldn't remember if it was a girl type person who was making those comments or if it was a guy. Struck me as being kind of feminine so I went with Maxine instead of something more masculine like Maxwell or some such. Sorry if I offended it wasn't intentional... though it seemed to fit.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:23:12 PM by Papadragon65 »
Dragons roam my dreams!

« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2007, 06:22:31 PM »
Struck me as being kind of feminine so I went with Maxine instead of something more masculine like Maxwell or some such. Sorry if I offended it wasn't intentional... though it seemed to fit.

HAHAHA....dude, you crack me up!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:25:09 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
Here's some coffee for you, MaxVance.

Oops, you spilled it!

You just got burned!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »
What kind of luck must I have to miss this?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »
"Pretty poor, if you ask me."-Captain Obvious

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2007, 04:56:37 PM »
I have looked into some of pichu25's posts and I admit some of them weren't on topic and some were a bit whacked out...but a lot of them did follow with the topic they were posted in. *eats a little humble pie* A verysmall piece. We are working on this with him because of some problems in school with writing. And with his interest in all things Nintendo <does mean all things. The school and I thought this would help him and it really has to a great degree irl. Again I want to publicly thank those who have been helping him out. They are a great asset to this community and show what it means to be a great member of any community
Dragons roam my dreams!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »
You know, I wonder if there are any other forums out there that would put up with the legal guardian of an underage member getting on the boards and speaking on behalf of said underage member. TMK is quite unique.

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2007, 10:39:55 AM »
I think that TMK is unique in more ways than that. I also think that any legal guardian that doesn't speak up on behalf of their children aren't worth much imo. And there isn't anything in the rules about speaking out on behalf of anyone. If I thought there was an injustice being done to someone I would speak out on behalf of them as well. In this case there isn't any injustice being done. The CT although a bit harsh imo has had an affect on the person it was given to and I have seen improvements irl. He understands it and was dealing with it on his own. I was the one curious about it and I was just voicing my own concerns on it.
Dragons roam my dreams!

Print