Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1696082 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4470 on: May 21, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »
I didn't like either the House Finale or the NCIS Finale much.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4471 on: May 21, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
N64 Chick, why is your father in the hospital?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4472 on: May 21, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
Yeah, my mom said the NCIS finale was pretty lame. Apparently they pretty much got rid of the entire cast, if I understood her right.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4473 on: May 21, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
N64 Chick, why is your father in the hospital?

The first time was because of a bowel obstruction. The second time was because he wasn't eating or drinking and got dehydrated pretty bad. Now this time they think it's his pancreas.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4474 on: May 22, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »
Ok, thread catching up from like 4 pages:

Like I said, my high school was really good, and my middle school just had a control complex. I'm almost certain I'd hate any K-12 education that wasn't fairly liberal with what the students could do and also engaging. There aren't any schools like that around where I grew up, though, so c'est la vie. No stabbings, but the person who picked on me mercilessly in 2nd grade killed himself in 8th grade.

On the topic of reviews of bad games, I'm writing a list of "100 NES games worse than Deadly Towers" just for fun. Deadly Towers (while flawed) isn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is. That said, I'm not posting it here because there's a lot of M-rated humor and profanity in the text. AVGN is hilarious, by the way.

In before Insane Steve begins to rant about reverse sexism in the world.

Also, I did not go to prom despite having a ticket. I blew it off to play with my new GCN controller, which I admit is an utterly pathetic motive. I'll be sure to have an awesome lie for my prom buddies come monday.

Na, this is so disgustingly standard that I have nothing more to say about it. All I know is that I'm never getting married and if I ever have a daughter I am never touching her for any purpose whatsoever. That said, why would you have a gun in your pocket when you have sex?

I think I'm more disturbed at the "90% or better" post on the same page. Negative reinforcement for not getting grades is the most pointless idea ever. I took a time series exam in a horrible frame of mind eariler this semester and got a 90% on what should have been a slam dunk 100% exam. With that much variation in possible scores depending on mood, demanding a 90% is ludicrous.

As someone who went to an anime convention last weekend.. catgirls are not furries. If that were the case then like 60% of the people in the convention center would be furries, and that's too many furries in one area. Also for an anime convention I'm not exactly sure of how I saw one person total better at DDR than I am.

That's about all, really. My computer is still lagging when I type, and my meds are juuuuuuust about kicking in so I'm not pulling any more angry rants.
~I.S.~

« Reply #4475 on: May 22, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
The internet in my house sucks.

I'm annoyed because my laptop won't hold the internet reception in my household well. It keeps "timing out" and losing the connection and then coming back in, so if I'm watching a YouTube video it will suddenly stop loading, or if I load to a new page it will not respond. I keep going up to the router list and re-clicking the router we're using in order to get a short burst of download, which will only last for a few minutes before timing out again. A new router was purchased a few days ago, but still every computer in the house loads fine except mine. It was working fine while at school, so I don't understand why the internet here has a problem with my laptop.

Even worse, I tried playing against Suffix and Bird Person in Mario Kart Wii, but I'm unable to get a connection with friends. I can play online just fine, but if I try to join a room I get "Connection Error" or if someone tries to join my room they get it instead. It worked fine when I was playing Vidgmchtr at college, so I have to wait until I'm back at school again in order to play against friends. Don't know how SSBB works yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 09:40:32 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #4476 on: May 22, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »
This is very very important.

Okay, I feel like I'm in a nightmare. It may be hard to think this is true, but my entire computer display is upside down. Everything. I'm writing this upside down. Even the mouse is reversed. All I was doing was searching on revver, then the screen went black, and the next thing I knew, the screen was upside down. I don't know if this is a virus or if it's a glitch. Whatever this is, it's creepy and I would appreciate help. I am not kidding. Thanks for the help
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4477 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4478 on: May 23, 2008, 12:13:03 AM »
Well, you could try unplugging your monitor or modifying some display settings to see if it could get refreshed.

After doing some Googling, here's an idea:

1. Try pressing Ctrl - Alt - Up (arrow)
2. See if you can find a Graphic Options dialog (via right clicking on the desktop?)

You're running XP, right?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4479 on: May 23, 2008, 01:10:13 AM »
He probably just switched the orientation in his graphics card settings. Easily fixed.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4480 on: May 23, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »
1. Try pressing Ctrl - Alt - Up (arrow)
Wow, thanks man! I owe you one!

But thanks to everyone else who tried to help :)
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #4481 on: May 23, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »
I finally  have a new job, and there's a more than slight chance I could become manager at this place. The trouble is I work with high school kids who don't seem to want to work.. they either

- not show up
- call in all the time

It is beyond me how a couple of them still have a job here, except that we are lacking in the help department (we need more people to work). One thing that can be said for them, though, is that when they do work, they are friendly to the customers, and they help me out with a lot of things (they have been here longer, after all). They know I came from Burger King, and one of them even said he would never be able to work in such a place, because it's so busy. I remember thinking similar things when I was in high school..

No part of this post is meant to offend any high school kids that happen to read this. I assume that most of the people here would be good workers, if/when you have a job..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4482 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »
I've got something to ask.

Why do women like candles?

This is a picture of our couch. That's not dirt on the arm, that's the ashes of what was a blanket that was destroyed by a lit candle. They've been seared onto the arm, pretty much.

This all happened literally about 15 minutes ago. I had just gotten out of bed, and started to browse the internet...then wondering "ugh...what smells like burning leather...must be the couch." Not a minute later, I hear screams for getting buckets of water downstairs. I open my door, and surely enough, a whole lotta smoke enters my room, and is still escaping through my window as we speak.

...Though I guess there might be a good side to this, the smoke and airborne ash was able to turn all the hidden spider webs black, so they'll be easier to find and clean.

We're thinking one of the cats might've knocked the candle over.

What a way to start the day. =3

(Better pictures will come later.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4483 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:49 PM »
Dang.

Today at my school's going-away festivities, I was going to do karaoke, but wasn't able to. Man.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4484 on: May 23, 2008, 07:39:43 PM »
More complaints.

-I still don't have MKW.
-I can't decide whether to see Prince Caspian or Indy 4 (leaning toward the latter).
-There's no more Smallville until this Fall.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print